Rangrasiya

OS - The Price of being Tardy

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

OS - THE PRICE OF BEING TARDY

Note: This is a one shot of how Paro reacts when Rudra is late for Koel's birthday. For the purpose of this story, kindly assume the following.

1.      Paro is alive and well.

2.      They live with the rest of the Ranavat clan in the original haveli

He gently shut the door and looked around. The aangan looked empty. Everyone must have gone to bed. He quickly advanced to his room to get into warmer clothes. His raincoat didn't protect him much from the unpredictable thunder showers. He turned back to take a look at the pink balloons hanging from the ceiling. Hopefully the weather didn't ruin Koel's Barbie themed birthday.

I want a Katrina Kaif Barbie doll for my birthday, Kaka, she had requested before he left for Delhi. It wasn't available in Chandangard. Her father had looked even in Jaipur. Her mother asked her to just pick a doll from the local toy store. But her son had promised that he would get it for her. So it was upto him to pick it up and send it over to BSD headquarters lest he be delayed. It was supposed to be a precaution. He never knew Aman would deliver it first thing in the morning. Paro must be furious since then. She hated when he missed out on important occasions.

He saw a dark shadow moving along the in the corridors. He released the safety on his firearm. Guards were stationed outside protecting his family, but it never hurt to be vigilant inside too. He relaxed when he realized it was just his aunt haunting the Haveli like a deranged ghost.

He leaned against the wall as he secured his gun. When an old memory came to mind, he smiled. The weather was just as wet. It was the first time he called as Paro. She was no longer just his witness at that point. She was so angry that he didn't save her from the needless customs as she pretended to be his bride. She didn't even want to talk to him. Or look at him even. He such a Jallad. Forcing her to do exactly what she didn't want to do. Don't you dare touch me, she had scolded when he tried to help. She probably will do the same tonight. And just like that night, he had bought bangles for her again. He took out the pink bangle set from his raincoat. Get me pink bangles, if you want me to forgive you, she had told him once. It will work tonight too. After all that was for a practical joke, this is for a genuine delay. He confidently went to his room.  

He entered the room and saw her adjust Dhruv's blanket. He scowled, that was his place. He wasn't going to sleep in the tiny cot by the window where Dhruv usually slept. She raised an eyebrow daring him to complain. He stood silent. She went to her dresser and took off her pale pink jhumakas and placed it in a box.

Her eyes met his in the mirror. He knew he had to walk upto her and explain himself. But the pink choli of her new ghagra was so distracting. The rhinestones shone in the nightlight inviting him to touch the shimmering skin it enclosed. Almost as if she guessed his thought, she pulled the pins out of her hair letting it fall down natural waves.  

He walked up to her and placed the bangles on the table. "I... you see... Paro," he stuttered still not having learnt to apologise with grace. She got up and went out of the room. He followed her in long strides. He knew he was wrong but that still didn't mean she could walk away. He would rather have her yell at him than ignore him.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw her sit by the fountain. She was radiant in a pink and blue ghagra. His wife was always beautiful. But on the days she took extra efforts to dress up, she took his breath away. The pink net dupatta artfully draped concealed her shapely arms. The bangles on her wrists chimed as she combed through her hairs with her dainty fingers. His eyes followed the motion of her hands. He wanted to weave his fingers though hers and kiss her pink pouty lips. But the fire in her kohl lined eyes stopped him.

He knelt by her side and opened his mouth to speak. She placed her finger on his lips, "Don't sing. Neither singing nor pink bangles will help you placate me. I'm very angry." He nodded. Atleast he hadn't embarrassed himself by singing again. Who knows, with his luck tonight that bhatakithi aatma might come this way and have a good laugh at his expense.

She was looking at him expectantly wondering what he would say next. He quietly her delicate foot to his lap and smiled. There was a time when he hesitated to touch her limbs. But now he needed the simplest excuse to feel her soft skin under his fingertips. He gently held her foot and rubbed her sole with the lightest of pressures. She wanted to pull them off but his touch was too relaxing. She shut her eyes as he massaged her heal it tenderly with his thumb.

He wanted her to look at him so he promptly ticked her. She opened her eyes with a giggle. She stopped when she saw him smile. "The roads are bad in this weather. I wanted to be here on time," he explained. That made sense. Kakisa had insisted that they wrap up the party soon so that Dhruv and Koel's friends reach home safely. She smiled back at him.

He held her still as she tried to pull away. "I got a gift. For my lovely wife", he whispered huskily. Her glance moved to the window of their room. The bangles were on her dresser. He pulled out a beautiful anklet set in rhinestones from his pocket. She gasped, as it twinkled in the moonlight. He fastened it and placed her other foot on his lap. "Think about what gift you can give your beloved husband in return," he suggested as he observed the anklets sparkle.

She got up from her seat and held out her hand. He grasped it and weaved his fingers through hers just like he wanted to since he saw her. She led him to their room and shut the door. She led him to the bed and made him sit down at the edge. She covered his eyes with his own hand. He felt like a kid again awaiting a surprise gift. He heard the door of his cupboard creak open. She must have hidden something there. She placed something on his lap. His eyes shot open.

He was speechless. His green kurta and towel lay on his lap. She saw his bewildered look and said, "You will fall sick if you don't change." He still couldn't find the words to reply. "You want something else?" she asked. He nodded vigorously. Dry clothes were the last thing on his mind. She bent close and placed her hand on his stubbled cheeks. "Do you want some chai?

Edited by -Suganthi- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
 Awesome Rithu...read the update with a smile playing on my lips...I can imagine Rudra's haalat when Paro asked him if he wanted tea πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I was laughing like mad πŸ˜†. Poor Rudra his breath must have held in his lungs
Great job Rithu...please keep these doses of OSes coming...after all this is all we have been left with as regards to Parud.

PS. Thank you for making Ranawat's move back to their old haveli.
Edited by NavyaKavya30 - 8 years ago
pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was cute πŸ˜‰ poor RPR πŸ˜†
Rithu the pale pink earrings and the pink blue dress is pretty πŸ˜›
These sweet, light hearted OS from you are delight to read..
Anny14 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It's A wonderful piece Rithu! just like a dream, as Paro are a great wife and mother. you make me smile, he know very well what things pleases her bibi more to earn his care or love, every day we do little things for our care ones with a lot of pleasure! you got that!

Edited by Anny14 - 8 years ago
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely OS. Rudr thinks that the the pink bangle will help him get through Paro all the time. Well he is partially right. Cause Paro appreciates that he is thinking of her feelings. But surprise! He has also got something else. But he is not getting anything in return except his towel and kurta. πŸ˜†
RangParud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
pleasant update πŸ˜Š

ur assumption in the starting of the story itself made me to read this chapterπŸ˜›πŸ˜›
Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved the os πŸ‘
Poor Rudra, the last line chai πŸ˜†
-Mukti- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"the price of being tardy" was indeed heavy for Rudra bannaπŸ˜‰, naughty Parobaisa.  This was awesome, the way you describe, I could picture the whole scenario, loved it. 
Ps.  I always imagine Paro alive and that they are still in their old haveli, I am delusional that way.
tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Naughty πŸ˜‰   πŸ˜†
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lol rithu... It s nice funny cute OS... Last line cracked me up..