some one said pongal.
it is my second most fav breakfast first is upma
cond applied chutney should be there.

where pongal.

i hate pongalTongue
Cry Cry
But pongal is very good.
Then you don't enjoybany breakfast.

Pongal and upma are best. If you don't like then.

Every item change taste with hand that is cooking but these are basic and quick serving ones .
Very sad

On board VikasClap  I am unwilling to fall in love with anyone that hates pongal, sorry SushmaCry
Just kiddingBig smile... but how can anyone hate pongal?Cry

Even after all these years, the first morning breakfast when I go to Delhi is pongal, vadai and coconut chutney at Amma's, the first breakfast when she lands HERE is the same also
Amma is a stupendous cook, she wakes at 5 AM  at 68 years... like the old fashioned Iyers...EVERYDAY, rain or shine... and breakfast is ready at 7... ShockedClap

Edited by Nisha0604 - 6 years ago
Posted: 6 years ago
Pongal when well made is drool worthy...
As a 6 year old me and my friends used to join the group of thathas who would be singing Margazhi bhajans on our street in Nanganallur with stop ever at every temple to receive pongal as prasadam...
We would romp hove after feasting on the pongal in Shiva Hayagreeva and Pillayar koil...
I still rate it as my most favourite breakfast item...Pongal it shall be for breakfast tomorrow:)
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Originally posted by Mr.PsychoTech

some one said pongal.
it is my second most fav breakfast first is upma
cond applied chutney should be there.

where pongal.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">OMG!!! You are TOO CUTE
I have the EXACT same condition
The BEST PONGAL I have ever had was in Trichy near Chatharam Bust stand (Chatharam= Rental Hall) in a nondescript "cafe" as they call it at 7 AM 15 years ago, on my way to visit family after mundan of my 16 year old at Tirupati

The radio played Kartikeya devotional songs, the servers were all showered and wore vibhuti and vermilion, they placed farm fresh banana leaves, we sprinkled water and wiped it off, they served pongal from buckets and placed a HUGE BLOB of freshly made coconut chutney and poured the sambar from a bucket... it smothered the pongal and melted the creamy concoctionDay Dreaming
We lost sense of time... we downed it with two davara tumblers of filter coffee.
Less than Rs.10 for a meal for two in 1999Clap

The second best place in the world for pongal is also in Trichy, on Vayaloor Rd

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK MEMORIES VikasCry
</font>

and yet few people don't know feel of it
When you eat it hot and good with chutney its like you can ddo it all day along

Ivlike thes more
My mother especially makes them for me when am home as my sister never eats.

I even remember eating in kalahasthi two years back it was too good served in banana leaves.
No other have that maic.

I missed it in my 4 year stay in Bangalore and here in Chennai it is there monday I guess.

wow two harshitas!!!!
Tongue
What's pongal actually like?..being a pure northie..never seen it...
Originally posted by Nisha0604

On board VikasClap  I am unwilling to fall in love with anyone that hates pongal, sorry SushmaCry
Just kiddingBig smile... but how can anyone hate pongal?Cry

Even after all these years, the first morning breakfast when I go to Delhi is pongal, vadai and coconut chutney at Amma's, the first breakfast when she lands HERE is the same also
Amma is a stupendous cook, she wakes at 5 AM  at 68 years... like the old fashioned Iyers...EVERYDAY, rain or shine... and breakfast is ready at 7... ShockedClap

hawww offense taken hehehehe ...
well the reason I hate it is I have some history wid it so ya u can undertake 
Srividya, I feel like I am the eager light man behind the director Nisha, not wanting to miss any camera or the angles she captures in her shot. I most often see a 70 mm rolling out in front of my eyes.
Nice one again. You are just able to churn it out at your command. Thank you

Thank you Kalpana
To me  So Sy is  like stepping on to a magic carpet and landing on the balcony peeking into the happenings of my loved ones...
me too dont know this pongal...i like umma's upma!!!and i like pongala(a prasad from temple...)