Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Hello GirlsπŸ€—
Have a good one!

SR I have taken off 😊
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: EnVee

Not sure if you listen to Hindustani as well but the AIR Amrutavarshini channel plays some good pieces between 8 and 9 PM every day. Minus the annoying ads. My drive home music.

Hindustani is my ultimate bliss...somehow don't relate to carnatic as much...I attend the sawai gandharva every year also...5 days of total unadulterated joy ...7 hours ,5 artists per day πŸ˜Š
will try Amrutavarshini...
Edited by VeeIyer - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
EnVee I LOVE AIR
Nothing like it. It is earnest, genuine and simple. FM is VERY annoying. I usually listen to it in the DDA market near my parents house when I am at the neighborhood parlor getting stuff done

THEY TALK TOO MUCH. They try to appear "cool" and constantly have someone from Bollywood plugging their shit. AIR is untouched by the phangurling and phanboying
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

My Mom listens to her a lot, she wears a 9 yards saree though she is barely 30 or something right?Her father in law is also into Hari Katha and became very famous from it

After a point EnVee they become a "brand" and then they are too scary (IMO)
they dress a certain way, say somethings... it all follows a pattern

You are right. She was genuine when she started. But after her branding, there was a certain smugness to her that I hated. Then I heard a kid getting into the same harikatha thing and I was surprised to hear a kid talking big. The kid was a kid, cute (what they call mazhalai chol) but somehow I did not like her mouthing things too big for her age. 😊

There is no warmth when you become like a robotic prototype no?
Edited by EnVee - 8 years ago
EnVee thumbnail
Originally posted by: VeeIyer

Hindustani is my ultimate bliss...somehow don't relate to carnatic as much...I attend the sawai gandharva every year also...5 days of total unadulterated joy ...7 hours ,5 artists per day πŸ˜Š
will try Amrutavarshini...

It says FM Bangalore. But you can check 100.1.

The good thing about AIR is that they have access to some really old records. This channel plays only from 6 AM to 10 AM and 6PM to 10 PM.

Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: putti77

SR I have taken off 😊

Awesome!
Enjoy your day offπŸ€—
Nisha0604 thumbnail
I watched a Vishaka Hari YT interview (played it for my Mom actually) and happened to overhear in 2011, she answered every question like she is a 90 year old paatti amma (grandma) quoting scriptures and speaking in a deep baritone

I am like "Give it up, u are not on stage, talk in a normal voice, WEAR A SALWAR KAMEEZ for God's sake"

I bet when her career is over she will end up in politics. She doesnt stand a chance in Tamil Nadu though...

Its strange how they all decide they "should not be real"
EnVee thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

EnVee I LOVE AIR
Nothing like it. It is earnest, genuine and simple. FM is VERY annoying. I usually listen to it in the DDA market near my parents house when I am at the neighborhood parlor getting stuff done

THEY TALK TOO MUCH. They try to appear "cool" and constantly have someone from Bollywood plugging their shit. AIR is untouched by the phangurling and phanboying

I mean the crap that they talk! It is better to listen to lots of silence on AIR than to listen to lots of words on private FM. I heard one RJ a couple of days back hosting a show in which she makes some virgin radio listeners lose their virginity on her show!! She literally said that!!

I mean really? Do you have any idea what you are saying? So uncool!

I think they should seriously listen to some goras host radio shows like on BBC earlier. The way they expressed things so beautifully without sounding gross. I think the world is just getting full of some Bajrangi Bhaijaans and Dabangs!

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Have good day SR..
No breakfast cooking..
Chitti has sent pulav with my cousin... πŸ˜›
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: EnVee

I mean the crap that they talk! It is better to listen to lots of silence on AIR than to listen to lots of words on private FM. I heard one RJ a couple of days back hosting a show in which she makes some virgin radio listeners lose their virginity on her show!! She literally said that!!

I mean really? Do you have any idea what you are saying? So uncool!

I think they should seriously listen to some goras host radio shows like on BBC earlier. The way they expressed things so beautifully without sounding gross. I think the world is just getting full of some Bajrangi Bhaijaans and Dabangs!

EnVee when I occasionally travel for work to California I will usually get a Desi cabbie, and he is plays Desi FM from San Jose. EVEN IN THOSE a boy and girl will be talking non stop.
Even in those they feature some Bollywood types... I am like

USA KO TO BAQSH DO YAAR😑
They are not funny, or informative or cool
They speak fluent Hindi. If it is scripted then the writer needs to be fired, if its unscripted then they need to hire people with something called "creativity"