Rangrasiya

TOI Article - RR mentioned

Geeka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Blink-miss-shows-on-television/photostory/47893888.cms

Blink & miss shows on television

Rangrasiya: This show was aired on Colors from December 2013 to September 2014. The show revolved around the story of Parvati (Sanaya Irani), a villager woman and a Border Suraksha Dal officer Rudra (Ashish Sharma) and how they fall in love. The show was shot extensively in Jaisalmer and Jodhpur but still managed to fail to impress the viewers. The show though made Ashish Sharma a star, but couldn't do much with the script. The show was promoted extensively, but a weak plot and average acting made it go off-air too soon.

also has about Sanaya's previous show Chanchan

Chhanchhan: This Indian family drama was aired on Sony Entertainment from March- September 2013. The show was tentatively titled Modern Bahu' during pre-production and starred Sanaya Irani, Supriya Pathak and Anuj Sachdeva. During the launch of the show, countless teasers and outdoor campaigns were announced for the arrival of the protagonist Chhanchhan. All this gave the impression that this show would be a game-changer. Sanaya Irani's popularity after Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?' was supposed to be the show's USP but neither the script nor Sanaya's fans could grab eye balls or impress the viewers.
Edited by Geeka - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rangrasiya: This show was aired on Colors from December 2013 to September 2014. The show revolved around the story of Parvati (Sanaya Irani), a villager woman and a Border Suraksha Dal officer Rudra (Ashish Sharma) and how they fall in love. The show was shot extensively in Jaisalmer and Jodhpur but still managed to fail to impress the viewers. The show though made Ashish Sharma a star, but couldn't do much with the script. The show was promoted extensively, but a weak plot and average acting made it go off-air too soon.

๐Ÿ˜•

Which show is not promoted extensively??
Every show is but why only RR is said to be heavily promoted
Aren't there other shows whose posters are put up here n there in mall, metro stations etc
Agree RR initially was promoted well but later it got nill promotions...

Weak plot OK agree partially 
It started with amazing plot but later there was nothing special...

Average acting ๐Ÿ˜†

The writer seems to have done PHD in acting๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks for sharing TM
Geeka thumbnail
i think RR WAS heavily promoted. I remember reading about it in an article ST released himself. 
weak plot - a big nod. I always agree had the story been well written, none of the other things would have happened - low TRP, poor attention from channel, leaps...
average acting - ya that one is far fetched. Everyone in the cast were good.
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Geeka

i think RR WAS heavily promoted. I remember reading about it in an article ST released himself. 

weak plot - a big nod. I always agree had the story been well written, none of the other things would have happened - low TRP, poor attention from channel, leaps...
average acting - ya that one is far fetched. Everyone in the cast were good.

Even I am saying so it was promoted well but nowadays which show is not promoted.
The leads keep on visiting different places, posters put here nd there, even in theaters nd radio...
They have become like movie promotion...
RR didnt get any special treatment that is what I am saying...

But later it was ignored in terms of promo...
Like when Paro died show took a leap no promo was given...
May be due to lack of TRPs

._Jyoti_. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Show got ended bcoz of Channel Colors ignorance Low TRP. There is nothing to do with acting. All artist in Rangrasiya & other cast were excellent in their work. Writer who has written this Article should take acting class ownself & study on other Show also, then he/she will get to know what 'Average Acting' is.

Just because of premature ending of Rangrasiya they can't put any reason behind failure.

And about lots of promotions, every show & channel promote their show in great level. Fans don't think that Rangrasiya get 'any special' treatment from Colors TV. In beginning Rangrasiya promotions lasted for only few earlier months. When there were lack of promo later that thing they didn't notice?? Just for making an Article they can't write anything. & For TOI writer first you should study on the matter properly then write anything. ๐Ÿคข Edited by Jyoti_worldi - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
This article is not worth giving a second glance
And its a below average or poor writing
The writer needs to take writing lessons first then talk about acting๐Ÿคฃ

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Writers on TV shows should atleast watch a single episode before commenting. They shouldn't judge someone's else work without looking deeply into the effort put in and the effect on the audience. Isn't research promoted in journalism?

As for RR promotions, the last proper promo was when Rudra married Paro under the influence of alcohol. In other shows, even the 6th-7th wedding is made aware to non-viewers. Here no one else was aware of when the couple fell in love, the challenges they faced. Even when the lead was killed due to channel-PH politics, there wasn't a promo.

Colors could have planned one festival special in RR which wasn't done. Or given us a special episode when the serial was at it's highpoint.  This show had the best ensemble cast where everyone contributed to the story and didn't just occupy space.

Very disappointed to see such naivety from a TOI journalist.

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Weak plot and average acting ?
I need to ask the writers what a strong plot exactly means ? Marrying multiple times or extra martital affairs or may be , oh yes, a nagin or chudail story? 

Also average acting. What is superb acting like ? Dhoom tana tana dere na dere na. A ladoo falls on the floor and goes missing. What a wonderful acting by the ladoo.๐Ÿ˜†

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: dey.bh

Weak plot and average acting ?

I need to ask the writers what a strong plot exactly means ? Marrying multiple times or extra martital affairs or may be , oh yes, a nagin or chudail story? 

Also average acting. What is superb acting like ? Dhoom tana tana dere na dere na. A ladoo falls on the floor and goes missing. What a wonderful acting by the ladoo.๐Ÿ˜†

Bang on๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคฃ

Geeka thumbnail
Originally posted by: aditi97

Even I am saying so it was promoted well but nowadays which show is not promoted.
The leads keep on visiting different places, posters put here nd there, even in theaters nd radio...
They have become like movie promotion...
RR didnt get any special treatment that is what I am saying...

But later it was ignored in terms of promo...
Like when Paro died show took a leap no promo was given...
May be due to lack of TRPs

ya i agree nowadays a lot of shows do get promoted well. specially if known stars are associated. but i still think rr was among the best promoted during that time (2013 end) because wasn't its promo attached to some big film also? not every show gets such luxury. and from the initial promos at least to me it appeared colors favored rr a lot more that the other show that started along with it, may be because it had a new cast and a new ph. later when the show failed to bring in the trps the channel ignored the show like hell which led to more damage.