SW Symphony 34 - Page 44

Posted: 8 years ago
Nish 
I want to ask you something...Forget that u r writing this story...If I am in this position what advice would you give me ?? What should these ppl do...

Let me tell you my case

There is an R&B in India...running his own startups...very successful...He proposed me...I really like him...He is very good, lovable...we have a lot of things in common...But I know that he will never come from India...But I am doing my PhD in US..It is going to take atleast 2 years to finish...even after that, the respect and opurtunities I will get here are much better than in India...So is my career important or should I leave this and go back to India??? How will u decide ???

I am confused...If I leave this and go back to India , will I regret that I am missing out my career when he is successful and doing wat he aspired ??? or If I leave this , then will I regret missing out in personal life happiness by not marrying a person who loves me very much ???

Actually this question is for everyone out here...wat will you do ??
Edited by swathi1990 - 8 years ago
Swathi!! Hi!!
Can you imagine yourself 4 years later, married to someone else?
If not, this is the guy. If he is not soo important to feature in your imagination, its not him then.
Career you cant really predict how important it is for you after a certain number of years. Ypu have to enjoy your work. if you arent enjoying, the most respected of careers can look boring to yourself.
Originally posted by harshita27

Swathi!! Hi!!
Can you imagine yourself 4 years later, married to someone else?
If not, this is the guy. If he is not soo important to feature in your imagination, its not him then.
Career you cant really predict how important it is for you after a certain number of years. Ypu have to enjoy your work. if you arent enjoying, the most respected of careers can look boring to yourself.

Sure...but 4 years later, will I regret going back to India and missing out the oppurtunities here ???? The problem is same Harsh...I want both...and I am not able to decide...I am afraid that by going there I am losing a part of myself...my passion...my individuality...

But I dot want to miss the guy as well...Becos he gives that R&B feeling u know...
Originally posted by swathi1990

Sure...but 4 years later, will I regret going back to India and missing out the oppurtunities here ???? The problem is same Harsh...I want both...and I am not able to decide...I am afraid that by going there I am losing a part of myself...my passion...my individuality...

But I dot want to miss the guy as well...Becos he gives that R&B feeling u know...

If I were you, I'd go for the guy. I used to think like you and turned down a marriage proposal from verryyy good friend of mine coz my career was high flying at that moment. He didnt want to take it slow n wanted straight marriage. He was then posted in India n I was about to go abroad. He got married n am still single.. To say there was bad blood between us is understatement. I now know that if I had to redo that transaction, i'd choose the guy. But I cant undo it. Now, my job's biggest draw is the perks of it. The validation that I didnt marry toh kya at least am on a good progressive career path n that it gives me enough to fund my travel dreams. I dont have to go ask my parents for money. I've had series of misses in my decisions. Some were bad judgement n some were pure bad luck. But if its one decision I want to redo, it would be that. That was my single most honest relationship in my life. We both were good people but we were bound by situation.
I too wanted both, but when it came to choice I couldnt decline the lure that long term abroad tenure which took me to next rung in my career. There were people jealous of the major career boost. Every practical person would have said declining that offer n staying back to marry would be foolish. But having lived it, I now know its otherwise. Maybe I would have been happy in India too.Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
good morning SR!!!

morning sri!!!
"Tumhe dar lagta hai main tumhe badal doongi?" she asked candidly

He went all quiet for the longest time

"There is no future tense to it... ITS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW" he thought... "Venice was supposed to be a crazy self absorbed exercise of feasting on each other, but it was turning into a mission of trying to discover each other
He should be thrilled, but that discovery made him anxious
Her tone now seemed to suggest it didn't matter to her any more

He wondered if most things will stop mattering to her at some point... he felt his insides squish and plunge.

We have seen the fears and insecurities of II surface regularly...how subtle and beautiful these lines are in depicting his fears and insecurities and how he consciously lies and we get to see his PDA...Beautiful update Nisha...self discovery seems to be the theme on my mind so that in their life appeals to me the most this beautiful morning...as i take a hiatus...👏
Originally posted by ishruhi

good morning SR!!!

morning sri!!!

GOOD MORNING Dear.
why no poem today sri??
busy packing???
ok no pblm...will miss that for the next 3 wks...
Hello GD/GN all.
Sri enjoy your trip..
Why can't these idiots decide and stay together?
I can't imagine their separation.. It hurts too much now..
RnB please come to India yaar..