SW Symphony Temeraire on 22 - Page 10

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by VeeIyer

nah...does not work here as the onus is on the guys above to get it repaired and they are the most unco-operative neighbours one can have 
its a pitched battle most of the time...and Iam an extreme pacifist...does not help matters at all..leave the fighting to the husband..he does a better job !! 

Take pics and tell them u will file a civil suit! Talk with the some middle man. That should help. This reminds about a situation at my in laws house in Delhi but it was a new construction.
Fighting is painful. Good luck with that. 

good morning everyone!!
no update alle?she might b busy...
was goofing around waiting for the update and I seem to have created issues...Can someone help me please.
I tried to put trees as my pic window and now the darn thing is showing just a link or whatever...what do I do to revert to the run of the mill white face...
Help !!!

was goofing around waiting for the update and I seem to have created issues...Can someone help me please.
I tried to put trees as my pic window and now the darn thing is showing just a link or whatever...what do I do to revert to the run of the mill white face...
Help !!!

Vaani, we are seeing the pic..is this not the one you wanted?Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by putti77

Vaani, we are seeing the pic..is this no the one you wanted?

funny...when i log in, i see just a link...when i log out, the setting sun pic appears...what have I done ??  and my dashboard shows the setting sun...

why can't I let sleeping dogs lie ??????
Edited by VeeIyer - 8 years ago

funny...when i log in, i see just a link...when i log out, the setting sun pic appears...what have I done ?? and my dashboard shows the setting sun...

why can't I let sleeping dogs lie ??????

This pic looks good 😊
IF acts crazy sometimes.
"Not until Tomorrow"

They expected 4 people, 2 showed up, which was good according to him because he would "talk less"

He pinged her on SNCF " shud reach in an hour, head out in the morning, we pitch tents at a place called les Marmottes"

"Thanks" she said like he sent her a work email

"Umm.. Im going to try to call" he lied

"Dont try too hard" she advised

"so we are back at it again?" he texted

"I am at work, so I am not sure what u mean" she said

"II"

"I have a meeting" she lied

"At 7 on Thursday evening?" he asked

"Not all of us can hike Mont Blanc can we?" she responded

Mont Blanc mountain biking was spectacular, it was everything working in densely packed Gurgaon wasnt.
Grueling, memorable, scenic. Fantastic views on clear days, parts of the terrain extremely challenging, on ascent and descent

He was almost afraid his camp tent was going to begin growing mold, since it wasnt used for 8 months,
he couldnt recall the last time he went without a hike or a trek so long. Even after Ma passed, he was back on the trail in Feb

He did many by himself, he knew French back country like he knew the Modern Barakhambe play ground

His solitary treks were were fulfilling, he did what he wanted to he was not driven by a group agenda, he didnt have to do small talk
He listened to music and walked away. Mid June to mid september was the "best time to be up there"
 with the change in each valley, the language, the architecture and cuisine varied. Mountain passes referred to by "cols".
He owned many pairs of hiking poles, he could walk between  8-10 hours a day on foot, he usually biked 7, between 60-70 miles a day
He was the fastest in most groups when he biked, and the one with the most will power. He left his group behind...
and got to their "half day marker" an hour or two before they did. he hiked for the hour on foot

They usually deposited "technology" at the starting point.
The route ascended the Chamonix Valley to Col d'Argentier,
then through Val Ferret, Orsires, Bourg St. Pierre, Col de Sonadon,
Col d'Oren, Praraye, Col de Valpelline and concluding in Zermatt.
Typically a 12 day tour, they would cap off this one at Col de Sonadon...

Pedaling a fully packed bicycle up the mountains carrying 40 lbs, camping every night, putting up the tent, loading and unloading the bike every day.
The weather was fabulous, gorgeous cool nights for camping and warm days for cycling.
Cycling along the slope of Mont Blanc, extreme descents, laborious climbs, inches from the edge of the
slope, sheer cliffs just hanging onto the side of the mountains.

He never felt so alive, his head was clear, his muscles were tested to the limit.
He didnt go to the gym everyday or workout but when he got out, he did the extreme.
He didnt need to be coaxed or convinced, he was ready if it was a hiking or mountain biking trip
This one was self guided, they didnt follow a path, they didnt group and regroup every few hours

They were all "pros"... He re-read the brochure he picked up at a neighborhood grocery store with a smile
Chuckled at the description, he couldnt write so well, but it was what he would come up with if his English class demanded an essay on Chamonix bike tours
"wander flower meadows and deep scented forests, skirt exquisite tarns that toss mountains on their heads,
cross icy cold streams and clamber beside glaciers that hang suspended from huge buttresses of rock.
Traversing lonely passes and descending into wild, stone-filled corries.
There will be marmots among the boulders and ibex on the heights. And your days will be filled with wonder."

He returned Monday morning, at Noonish and headed to work, left the bike, the 40lb gear and the hiking poles at a locker at the
Gar de Lyon SNCF station, took the local train to La Defense. The 7 hour plus train ride giving him enough bandwidth to catch up on work

He emailed her at Noon IST on Monday the 22nd... asking what day worked for the BNP Wealth Management meeting
He didnt hear about it all day Monday, when he got home at midnight Monday after getting his stuff from Gar de Lyon locker

He was too tired to text or call, he had sprained his left elbow in a fall near Val de Bagnes, he was going to have to be seen by a Doc Tuesday

He popped a couple pain killers and fixed himself a turkey sandwich took a hot shower and went to bed at 2 AM

When he woke Tuesday the 23rd, it was past 11, he had missed two meetings

He called his wife, it went to her voice mail.. he sent her a picture of his purple elbow... and scraped forehead

Mmm...mmm no response... until his phone rang when he was in the shower

When he got out, there was no voice mail

"did u call?" he asked over text

"Only to confirm who punched u" she said sulking

He sent her a half smile

"thats what I thot" she texted

And then... NOTHING

Sam called to yell... "Can u come over atleast for 4 days for ur Birthday?" she accused shrilly

"I took Friday off mountain biking Chamonix" he said softly

"Oh! wow!! why did I bother... we shud just have the party then... I was going to surprise her" Sam was deeply hurt

""Umm..." he said

"Its ur first after the wedding... do even check on her? Isnt it Mon Blanc? Was it off the grid?" Sam asked horrified

He nodded...

His elbow was beginning to hurt, he tried to close the kitchen faucet, it leaked...

"It only took u a week to cut off ur three month old wife?" Sam asked

"I told her"

"Hope u will be this pleasant if she goes off and does something with her guys friends"

"I didnt go with women" he sniggered

He pulled out a tool box and tried to fix the faucet, a portion chipped off the valve and it ended up leaking some more

He flung the tool

"I am late for a meeting Sam" he said...

"U go off on a vacation like u are single, she stays at D II, have u guys broken up?" Sam asked

"Umm.. Ive got to go, he said as he got another call on his work only cell phone"

"whats going on u jerk?" Sam shrieked

He went off to change  "TTYL" he said

He returned at 6 ish, with meds, its was a ligament tear he was told... it was bandaged up, they gave him a tetanus shot for the scrape

He fixed himself some soup... and began to read, the kitchen faucet continued to leak

At 8:17 there was a knock on the front door... he thought it was maintenance

He opened...

"Happy Birthday" she said

She wore, a lovely green outfit with a cream chudidar, her dupatta as usual trailed the floor

"Umm...well... its not until tomorrow" he said softly, his heart hammering in his chest

"Oh?... um..." she mumbled, horrified... or trying to pretend she WASNT horrified by that flippant remark

His intercom rang... "Hang on a sec" he second

RAKSHASAN!!

HANG ON?
HANG ON?
I FLEW FROM DELHI
HANG THE f**k ON?
ITS NOT UNTIL TOMORROW?
ARGHHH
She stomped back to the 6th floor elevator area, she could hear him talk in French

She went down to the lobby, the door man behind the polished marble desk was GONE
The front glass doors LOCKED!!
She didnt know the damn code!!!

She stared at the outside

turned in panic wondering where the hell she could go NOW?

She found him leaning near the elevator wall hands tucked in pockets

She lunged at him... with all her might!!!

He bent and picked her up...☺️

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by putti77

This pic looks good 😊
IF acts crazy sometimes.

as long as there is something showing up, i guess it is ok...Goes to show that one should not experiment in matters waaay out of your league !!!!
Wonder what happened to Nisha ?!
OOOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its his Budday πŸ˜ƒ
And Iam the first to respond πŸ₯³

Nisha...make my day and give one really HOT update...this is coming from your senior member πŸ˜ƒ

So you have to indulge me πŸ˜›...girls!! iam doing the job for all of you πŸ˜†

ps...the update was like I was reading about my son's bike rides...he mountain bikes every weekend and sends me snaps like the descriptions you have given πŸ˜Š
Edited by VeeIyer - 8 years ago
Someone please give me virtual pinch..
Am I dreaming?