Thapki...Pyaar Ki

TOI:Ankit Bathla: I used to eat anda bhurji and anda Maggi in Gurgaon

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Actor Ankit Bathla, who is currently seen as Dhruv in 'Thapki Pyaar Ki', recently spoke to us about his Gurgaon experience.

Ankit told us that while he was pursuing Economics (Hons) from Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce (SGGSCC), he was also working in a corporate firm in Gurgaon. "I used to work the night shift at a multinational credit card company and was the youngest manager at the company. The Golf Course was opposite our office and we could see a lot of greenery through our windows. However, I couldn't see much of Gurgaon since we used to work during the night. But at night we used to go to these bhurjiwalas, who would make anda bhurji and anda Maggi," he said.

He further added, "I was earning decently when I decided to run away from Delhi to pursue an acting career. My parents were happy that I had a good job and they were thinking that I would get a decent promotion and then get married. But I ran off to Mumbai. I broke all contact with my family and even when I called them, I used a landline so that they won't be able to find me!

Saloni Bhatia,TNN | Jun 20, 2015, 12.00 AM IST