TOI:Smita Singhs now a UP-accented Delhi policewoman

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Smita Singh, best remembered for her role as Punpunwali in 'Bhaagyvidhaataa', will now be seen playing a Delhi Police officer in 'Shastri Sisters'. 

According to sources, "Smita will be seen as a senior inspector, Guggal Pandey, with the Delhi Police. She will be known for her strong personality and bossy attitude towards her colleagues. She will be shown as an honest officer who always keeps her subordinates in check and puts all her efforts into solving cases.

The actress will be speaking in a Kanpuriya accent, adding a slight comic touch to her otherwise strict character. She is against people who torture their bahus and thus, when a false complaint is made against the Sareen family for torturing Kajal, she leaves no stone unturned to find proof against the family." 
Smita confirmed the news and said, "My character, inspector Guggal Pandey, is an honest officer for whom justice is of utmost importance.  Guggal's character is special because it will break the monotony of women being portrayed as cry-babies. She is a strong and funny woman, quite similar to Salman Khan's character in Dabangg. I am really excited about this new stint."

Saloni Bhatia,TNN | Jun 18, 2015, 12.00 AM IST
Tfs. Seems to be interesting. 
tfs!!!😃 i hope to c something fresh now!!! like smita very much from days of hitler didi😃
even im waiting for her!!!😉 
heard a few dialogues of her !!!!
really her dialogues r having a tinge of humour!!!
i just hope her stint is interesting
is she positive or a negative character??
Originally posted by shrividhya

is she positive or a negative character??

I don't want her to turn into another Leela. 

After gr8 expectations from her..that she'll be funny. Cvs turned her negative. 

I hope this time they make an entertaining track.😃
Originally posted by awida

I don't want her to turn into another Leela. 

After gr8 expectations from her..that she'll be funny. Cvs turned her negative. 

I hope this time they make an entertaining track.😃
Let's hope for the best awida dii ðŸ˜ƒ