Gautami Kapoor AT - The versatile actress !!

Posted: 8 years ago

Edited by frenz4u - 8 years ago

Gautami Gadgil Kapoor is an Indian television actress who is best known for her role in the daily soap Ghar Ek Mandir. The show made her a household name. After this she has appeared in TV Shows like Kehta Hai Dil and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.  Apart from television shows , she was also seen in many Bollywood films in a supporting role.  She has also acted in many Marathi movies too.

Gautami was born on 21 June 1974 in Maharastra. She has been into modelling from the age of 16 and then decided to work in serials. Her first acting assignment was with UTV, but it was a pilot that never took off. She began her career with "Alag Alag" on DD Metro then followed it up with another show "Patang" on national television. Her luck turned when she was selected to play the lead character in Balaji's Ghar Ek Mandir.  And then she went ahead and did lot of other television shows.

Gautami Kapoor came into limelight with Balaji's serial Ghar Ek Mandir which was Produced by Ekta Kapoor, Shobha Kapoor and Jeetendra. Her work was appreciated in the series and then she was flooded with many offers. After that, she has done many serials which includes Kehta Hai Dil, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi etc.

Gautami and Ram Kapoor 

Gautami and Ram Kapoor first met on the set of Ghar Ek Mandir and after being best friends for long they started dating each other and got married on 14 February 2003. It was not easy as Ram and Gautami were poles apart when it came to their basic personalities. While Ram described her as miss goody who always keeps a reserved profile. On the other hand, Ram was known to be a kind of a playboy who loved women who party hard, and certainly Gautami was not his type. But it is said, opposites attract and soon they realised that they are made for each other. They have two children, a daughter born 12 June 2006 whom they named Sia and a son born on 12 January 2009 named Aks Kapoor. She is loving her role as mother.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVhHhPEtqc[/YOUTUBE]

TELEVISION SERIALS

Tamanna

Ghar Ek Mandir (2000-02)

The show revolved around Rajesh who is the eldest son of the family marries a perfect girl Aanchal (played by Gautami Kapoor). But Rajesh dies in an accident, and Aanchal marries her brother in law Rahul due to family pressure. The show focused on how the relationship changes and grows between Rahul and Aanchal as husband-wife. The show was very much popular during that time and Gautami was very much apppreciated and the reel couple Rahul-Aanchal (Ram-Gautami) apparently became a beautiful real life couple too.

Lipstick (2002-04)

The story revolves around the lives of two women, Sheetal and Suniti, set in the backdrop of a corporate war between two publishing houses. The role of Suniti which was earlier played by Shweta Salve, the show was revamped and the character was replaced by Gautami Kapoor as Gayatri. 

Kehta Hai Dil (2002-05)

Kehta Hai Dil is the story of a family who lives in the small, idyllic town of Anand Nagar. It is the family of SP Aditya Pratap Singh, Dr Jaya Singh(played by Gautami Kapoor) and their three children - Karishma, Kunal and Kiran. The story revolved around their daughter Karishma facing difficulties in her marital life.

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2007-08)

Gautami was seen in Star PLus's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. She  stepped in to play one the most iconic character "Tulsi Virani" in the show. She had apparently replaced Smriti Irani, but then as the story progressed her true evil character was revealed as of "Juhi Thakral". She portrayed both the good and bad characters perfectly. 

Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi (2013-14)

Gautami was seen in Zee Tv's Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi. The show traced the life of a teenage girl named Ami (Ulka Gupta) and what happens after she loses her father. She played the role of Shruti Harsh Joshipura(Ami's mother) in the serial which aired on Zee Tv.

Tere Sheher Main (2015-present)

Gautami Kapoor is currently seen in Rajan Shahi's show Tere Shehar Main alongwith talented actor Sachin Tyagi. Sachin is playing the role of her husband. The show revolves around a girl Amaya (Hiba Nawab) who becomes independent and headstrong after she loses her father and the entire family is forced to move from Paris to Banaras. Gautami Kapoor and Sachin Tyagi are paired opposite each other in this show. Gautami who essays the character of Mrs. Sneha Mathur is strong willed, caring and rooted.

Gautami is seen playing a widow and a single mother. She said, "My character, Sneha Mathur, is a strong, independent married woman who loves and lives for her family. She is grounded despite her affluent background and wants her kids to stay grounded too. Tere Sheher Mein has given me the opportunity to portray a character which is very real and relatable. I have shot a few episodes already and this by far is one of the best shows that I have ever been a part of. The show is very special also since it marks my return on Star Plus after Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Thi and Kehta Hain Dil and it feels like I am back home." 

It's so great to see Gautami back on screen in a role that's worthy of her acting prowess.

FILMOGRAPHY

1999  Bindhast

2003    Kuch Na Kaho

2006   Fanaa

2012    Student of the Year   

2014    Shaadi Ke Side Effects          

2014    Lekar Hum Deewana Dil  

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS

Year

Award

Category

Role

Show

Result

Indian Telly Awards

Best Actress in a Lead Role (Female)

Tulsi

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Nominated

Star Parivaar Awards

Favorite Patni

Tulsi

Nominated

Star Parivaar Awards

Favorite Saas

Tulsi

Nominated

Zee Rishtey Awards

Favorite Mata

Shruti

Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi

Won

Gold Awards

Best Supporting Actor (Female)

Sneha

Tere Sheher Mein

Nominated

• This thread is meant purely for the discussion and appreciation of Gautami Kapoor aka Sneha.
  • Please follow IF Code Of Conduct
  • Clean and healthy conversations are appreciated.   
  • Comparisons between actors or characters not allowed.  
  • Bashing of members is not allowed.
  • Refrain from quoting more than three times. It makes the page look messy and increases loading time.  
  • No fighting.   
  • Discussion about the show in general is allowed. 
  • When 150 pages are completed, the next appreciation thread will be opened by me.
  • Posting images/videos/articles on Gautami, from past and recent is allowed.
  • Enjoy Discussions 😳

• Permission granted for the AT - *Shruti*
  • Banner Edits -  Deepika (pikiiichuu)Farhin (frenz4u)

• Pics for banners - Alia_Sehgal and Internet
  • Information source - Wikipeda, filmyfolks, Internet

• Edited by frenz4u - 8 years ago

-deepali17-
    pikiiichuu
    beatsdongandy
    frenz4u
    ranrag
    pk13112003
    b2011
    -Anilaa-
    ItsAlia

Fan of Gautami...Want your name added! 😳 Hi Button below 😃

Haan...Finally i m done with Gautami AT...it feels as if i was working on making this AT since ages...😆
    It was my first stint on making any AT...and i hope i have done a decent job...😳 Hope evryone likes it...😃
    And sorry for the delay...many people wanted Gautami AT since long...and now finally here it is...

Special thanks to Deepika(pikiiichuu) for helping in making banner edits...😊

AT is open now...Join in Gautami aka Sneha fans !!!!!! 😃

Awesome thread Farhin.. Sorry could not help out at all.

A lovely tribute to Gautami.. She is living the character of Sneha Mathur..
    Nice job on thread Farhin 👏