Software Symphony 30 A sorrow I nurtured on 127 - Page 29

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

My Amma is a wise woman, she has never been employed, never set foot in an office except to Appa's or ours later in life (mazhaiki kooda odunginadu kedayadu, taken shelter for rains) but she said one thing to me when I began working as a "married" woman 16 years ago

"If u give up ur personal time, family time, time to take care of your health and work away day and night, eating frozen, ready to eat meals, letting your house turn into a dump, going grey haired at 30, and having ur first BP visit to the doctor at 28,  you are the loser. Tomorrow if he decides he doesnt give a damn he will let u go. Yaaruku prayojanam (What use is all of it is)"

I never gave up cooking two full meals a day no matter what the earth shattering emergency was/is

I totally agree with u Nish...It is a married woman's perspective...

Lets take myself...I am 25 --- highly ambitious and unmarried...living alone...independent woman...simply put as "work hard, party hard" types...and I have a seen a lot of ppl like me...I work atleast 13 hrs a day...I have the time becos I dont have a family to manage... I go to gym daily...definitely cook atleast once in a day...love eating food outside...have umpteen number of friends...have visited every bar in my place...have both worked on weekends and also done a lot of hikes and outdoor activities during other weekends...The perk of being single is u r more flexible...u could afford more time...and it definitely gives u an edge at work where u finish things faster...and ur boss appreciates it...Its like a kid trying to impress someone and being handed a candy for the achievement...U still get the candy right...does it mean ur boss is taking advantage of u or u letting ur boss to take advantage of u...I dont think so...I see it as a mutual benefit to both of us...

But tomo if I get married, it would not be like this...but it will definitely take time for me to understand that...that I am getting happiness from my better half and the small edge I am losing at work is not a big issue...becos u lose the candy from one place or u get the candy in another form which is new to you to understand/accept...

But in all this, I truly accept wat my mom says...that one life is not superior over the other...u get candy in both the cases...just that ur taste of candy changes over time as u age...
no update after 27 alle???
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Men are lucky they dont have processing chip in the brain to over analysis things πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.
We women fret and over think everything. I am not looking at Ritu to be friendly as Bally. 
I just dont want her to be like a shark who like to eat people like II for dinner or just circle around just to show asecendancy πŸ˜Š
πŸ˜† poor 'II guar mein ek raven who doesn't speak and now in office..
Ritu's impression is less than a shark tho.. she is like those people who cannot be analysed in the first few go's... first she behaves kindda fake showoff and at times cold shoulder.. as if trying to show a persons position
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

be back later.. just read the water play update...so cute...
the lovely image..
kaise reh payega humara R&B ...
Ranjan was so happy ..
of course Ritu had to call..

Vani my opinion I feel Ritu probably is working really hard now cause she is new , she must be scared of the new role herself , and surprising she even scaled herself down..
But i have had one desi manager man when i came into this country and worked in bay area that was the worst ever, Indians behave the worst with a fellow indian..
They think they own you, u can not even smile and discuss what you did over weekend well u are supposed to work ..πŸ˜‰ so in US i think i have always worked better with non-indian bosses.

Regarding unmarried indian bosses it depends on what they are after.. if they are after finding a guy u are ok if they are after becoming the next VP u are doomed πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And so @vani u married a non iyer ab woh story toh u have to tell us one day 😳😳😳 i keep telling my husband i wish i had met him outside the arranged married fabric it would have been so much fun πŸ˜‰

and Dr Noufi i just saw the malayalam drishyam 2 weeks back too too too good and recently saw ok kanmani i hated the movie but man dilquar salman 😳...totally cute and of course me used to be a big fan of prithviraj πŸ˜ƒ

chalo see you all later

This is really interesting to me
I have never had a Desi boss except while in India before the shaadi
I am quite shocked.  I live ina zero Desi town so Ive always had only gora dudes and dudettes
Ya they say a LOTTTπŸ˜† of things on a Monday or before a meeting from moose to deer hunting to traffic jams to BBQ to some random relative's 4th weddingπŸ˜†

I LOVED Prithvi in Mozhi? Conventional good looks I agree
Originally posted by putti77

Nammu adding to your points, recently I have got two reportees as per my experience. I am responsible for their annual feedback based on which their promotion and hike is decided. I equally distribute the work between two. I had a meeting with them and explained them, you have to work between 8:30 to 6:30 and no staying back and weekends working until it is really required or something is burning. Just to push someone down and achieve more by staying back and working late hours is not agreed by me. Because other can't sit back and work late like you. If you achieve extra within the same working hours along with equal responsibilities I can award you better than other. Until it is really burning I don't call reportees after working hours and I don't entertain the same for me. When I get a call from my lead after working hours first question I ask can if wait till tomorrow. If NO then only I proceed with call.

wow Putti u are a nice team leader!! I have mostly seen ppl who want their  reporties to work like they are machines and hold them on tight ropes..killing the out of college excitement they approach work with
I'm glad u show them to deal with work with time and not beyond it 
This RnB singing for II (A very old song from 60's )  I heard it yesteday while driving.
All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Ev'ry place I go, I'll think of you
Ev'ry song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

Oh babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
Then close your eyes
I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

Thanks to all of you for giving such varied perspectives. I am really enjoying reading them.
I have a few people on my team and I hate to bother them after hours or on weekends.  Only if there is no other choice and it is an emergency, I will try to contact them.  I agree with you guys-work and personal life balance is very important.  I know I have to work on mine but I really admire people who can get that balance right-it takes a lot of effort. πŸ‘ to all of you!!!

Originally posted by swathi1990

I totally agree with u Nish...It is a married woman's perspective...

Lets take myself...I am 25 --- highly ambitious and unmarried...living alone...independent woman...simply put as "work hard, party hard" types...and I have a seen a lot of ppl like me...I work atleast 13 hrs a day...I have the time becos I dont have a family to manage... I go to gym daily...definitely cook atleast once in a day...love eating food outside...have umpteen number of friends...have visited every bar in my place...have both worked on weekends and also done a lot of hikes and outdoor activities during other weekends...The perk of being single is u r more flexible...u could afford more time...and it definitely gives u an edge at work where u finish things faster...and ur boss appreciates it...Its like a kid trying to impress someone and being handed a candy for the achievement...U still get the candy right...does it mean ur boss is taking advantage of u or u letting ur boss to take advantage of u...I dont think so...I see it as a mutual benefit to both of us...

But tomo if I get married, it would not be like this...but it will definitely take time for me to understand that...that I am getting happiness from my better half and the small edge I am losing at work is not a big issue...becos u lose the candy from one place or u get the candy in another form which is new to you to understand/accept...

But in all this, I truly accept wat my mom says...that one life is not superior over the other...u get candy in both the cases...just that ur taste of candy changes over time as u age...

Thats a great "goal" where we struggle is where life is. You know, trying to give your job 100% after the wedding, and trying to give your marriage 100% while trying to meet a deadline at work

Men dont have this dilemma or guilt
Women do and its not going away any time soon

There is some guilt before kids, after u have kids if u want to do a decent job at work u are constantly questioning yourself, doubting, falling short, frustrated. You dont want anyone to say  "Ya she is a manager but her house is messy"  "Her house is too clean wonder if she ever goes to work" "If she is working then how is she at her daughter's tennis lesson at 2 PM"

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

This RnB singing for II (A very old song from 60's )  I heard it yesteday while driving.
All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die

Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Ev'ry place I go, I'll think of you
Ev'ry song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

Oh babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
Then close your eyes
I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver!!!
SHEV DI you read my mind! I love this song and was thinking about it in relation to the protagonists a couple of days back😳
Shev updated in the specialsπŸ‘ index
I loooved the song