Software Symphony 29 :) Chinese & Coke on 76 - Page 97

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

Today since my morning meeting went well i am in sosy land πŸ˜† and will procrastinate actual work πŸ˜†

this is my thoughts for R&B..

DEAR R&B,

Ja mere R&B ja,,, trust me u are sooo going to miss MM even the lady bug that Nandu bought home,u will miss the khana ,the flowers , and most importantly ur dad and ur beautiful wife..
after 4 years you found peace..u slept, u gave dad a drink and smiled, and read the paper together .
u went to paris because u wanted to escape reality but now u created a home nahi reh paoge.

but but we want you there , we want to see the fights, the yearning, the love,
and we will all say loud and clear
WE TOLD YOU SO πŸ˜†

and Manny , really did u tell Manny to watch out while u were away, has she done it in the past..nahi na u could have said Minion will watch him but khair chodo i feel for u cause u are going to be alone..pavam pasta,and honestly french food is no good , pastries may be but  nothing like the idli's and the food II and Minion make ..😳

take ur time R&B and come back whenever Argent is doing better until then  we will enjoy ur plight πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

luv
Ranjan protector

Kya baat hai Anu!
I loved this sarcastic emailπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€£ Mazza aah gayaπŸ˜‰
Anu
Not fair...I went for sometime...and my guy is left alone here with no support...😭
Originally posted by swathi1990

Anu
Not fair...I went for sometime...and my guy is left alone here with no support...😭

How is your trip going? Did u meet your RnB yet πŸ˜‰

Anu is treating the dude with as petulant childπŸ˜†

Anu: Grand hotel is moving at snail pace now! Kahani mei bhaut twist hai πŸ˜†
I am at 31. I did some fast fwd last nightπŸ˜›
Edited by Hsp.canada - 8 years ago
To Live a name and to run from it

(I gave this chapter lots of thought hope u will like it, its from R&B's perspective. Since those are always in great demand😳)

She spent many minutes arranging and rearranging the suitcases,
do u get two?" she asked

"I get how ever many I want" he said softly

"Oh? Thats got to be nice" she smiled

"I flew Swissair after they dialed it down to one suitcase the 3rd trip to Atlanta I think... kuch lekar nahi gayi, irony I made more friends by semseter eight
and didnt need much grocery..." she chuckled
They sat on his closet floor side by side, leaning on the wall, legs stretched... her short shorts legs real close to his cargo clad ones
He gently sent feelers with his toes... played with her fat silver toe rings

"Amma packed so many ready to eat foods. I would feel like skipping class having a good meal and going to bed" she laughed hysterically

He leaned...

"I shud be leaning" she complained

He pulled her closer enthusiastically, hugging her tight

"I had a good view from my tiny apartment... the apartment was a few feet smaller than the closet" she chuckled

He hugged her tight..

"Cozy"  "I could live there" "I would rent a futon bed and a TV " "Bas" she smiled "Amma always gave me a
cooker and two plates and pots, and davara tumbler for coffee..." "I missed D II and Selvi too much. I could mess up that tiny 10*8" space in a heart beat
Books, shoes, papers..." her legs were tangled with his fully now

She was almost seated on him... and then she was fully seated on him, turned sideways...

"Nee vareya Sunday for lunch to Akka's?" she asked politely

He nodded sincerely

"I wont miss u much" she lied

"Likewise" he hissed softly letting her lips open on his neck

"I know Dad is not dependent on me in any way... he probably did fine before he knew me and will after" (I leave?) she muttered

He listened

"I am so mad at u right now... but if I get upset I wont talk to u and then in three days u will be gone" she said softly

He hugged her tight

"So u are postponing the sulking?" he asked indulgently

"Kuch aisa hi samajh lo" she smiled

"Our fights are so violent and raw" she said deeply

"U give it your all dont u?" he asked knowingly

"Amma will say "tappu panninalum sincere aa pannuvo namba Ishita" (even if she commits a crime our Ishita will do it sincerely")
He shook under her...

She closed her eyes on the sensation of being rocked

""Lets go to bed"

"Vendaam" "Lets stay here?" she asked

"Like Atlanta?" he asked

She nodded smiling

He gently set her down walked to the supplies closet and brought a bunch of comforters and pillows and threw them at her she slithered into one, he lay by her
enveloping her warmly pulling the blanket up

"Tell me a story" she chuckled

"With the lights on or off?" he asked

"Is it a scary story?" she asked her eyes wide open

"Mmm could be.."

"dont make it too scary" she begged

He kissed her forehead, sitting up and hitting the switch

He told her a story about a evil hand/monster that ate unsuspecting kids on a school bus

She interrupted him too many times and asked too many doubts... he ended up saying the Cinderella story
She laughed when  he made stuff up along the way..
"I give up" he whispered, cuddling, as she rotated his wedding ring... listening carefully trying to bus his story

She shut her eyes, quietly her breathing going steady, stirring when ever he kissed her or nuzzled

He lay by her awake... the rest of the night

Sam was right, he had sucked at finding dirt on Ranjan... he reminded himself he owed Ma the truth

But by himself he lacked the courage...
When he walked the hallways at Excelsior and received reverential nods from employees he squirmed
He was their "boss" or "boss's son" both options not very pleasant

He hadnt "worked" for any of that respect, it was sheer dynastic power that had nothing to do with his skill set.
Dynasties accrue power not competence

He was asked to join the family business occasionally when Ma was around but he had refused, ironically he did more regularly
after she passed away. After the fact that she passed away so mysteriously, after she implicated Ranjan in her passing
His leadership and vision need not be inspiring or historical but he shuddered if it was going to turn out to be at a"inherited" enterprise
He couldnt run away from his name, he still held it but Ranjan's legacy was less than shining at this point
"What does that say about me? Am I too ashamed to use my name?" "or ashamed to hear it being used by people
that were Ranjan's employees before during and after the scandal?"

It was like he was taking many baths, consecutively

One to wash off the shares he owned
The other to quit his VP? Director role
The last and final one to pack his bags and move away

Ranjan was a charismatic man, a strong leader,  entirely self made, such familial connections could actually secure him for life

His 4 year occasional appearance and indecision about Excelsior was not a ruse, a brazen attempt to infulence
public opinion within Excelsior to eventually get it all and keep it all.
He squirmed , his wife squirmed stretching... when he thought he had the "entitlement syndrome"

He didnt want any of it when it was not tainted... now when it was... most definitely not

He was reminded of Ma as she left Sam's house on the fateful day in January... never to return

He opened his eyes and stared at the recess lights in the wall

"Hai tujhme himmat sach pata karne ki? Ofcourse not... punishing Dad is easier so go right ahead" Sam had mocked him many times

He had let Sam, Tan and Mihir down by distancing himself from all of it, now he had successfully added another person to the "let down" list,.. ...she slept in his arms

My Morning Raga:) Thanks Nisha
Beautifully written as always...how the entitlement syndrome troubles him...
It was like he was taking many baths, consecutively.

One to wash off the shares he owned.
The other to quit his VP? Director role.
The last and final one to pack his bags and move away.

Ranjan was a charismatic man, a strong leader,  entirely self made, such familial connections could actually secure him for life.

He didnt want any of it when it was not tainted... now when it was... most definitely not

The realisation that he has let down his II by the way he absolves himself of all ties...reminds me of the symbolic dip in holy water chanting a prayer every time...Trying to recreate the tiny apartment in his closet...very endearing as also the acknowledgement that the sulking is deferred  and not being shared and  that she would pine alone as he will for her...the desire to unearth the fact yet the fear that restrains surfacing...What does he long for? The time in Paris when he is not busy with work will be spent in reverie...this is a preview of the moving account we are getting on thread 30...
Lovely Nisha...work beckons

Edited by srividyamouli - 8 years ago
Good morning guys!
Lovely weather here and closet sounds perfect!😳
Did he let down the rest of the family ... He's hurting too and needs to grow up but then I guess I do have a very soft corner for mama's boys thrown out of balance after a loss and his case a tumultuous loss compounded by the fact the kids have no closure on this.
Looking truth in the eye, digging for it and moving is important and the biggest chink in his otherwise " my life my rules" existence. He has enjoyed his privileges but has always worked unusually hard. II has grown up with little but has lived unusually king sized. What irony. πŸ‘ to you!

Anticipating the rest of the ride - satisfied and enternaly hungry for more! πŸ˜‰ Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
During the starting of the story,i've always seen R&B as unemotional guy,someone who give a damn about others.. As the story progresses,my pov abt him is changing.
How can a guy be unemotional if he can't forgive his dad all these years? if he can't forget circumstances his mother died?
I get sad to see Ranjan like this but i also feel his responsible in his own way as he never cleared anything about the scandal.

R&b's a great guy. After the scandal though he chose to run away,he never did anything to get back to ranjan for all the pain he got. he never raise his voice to his dad. Never took potshots in front of Ranjan.Anybody in his place would had the worst behaviour. Even I would.
No one in their life can see their mother in pain whatever the age.
I feel R&B has emotions as deep as II but he's afraid to let down the walls of his heart and get hurt. what he doesn't know is that II has already entered the castle he kept close for four years!!!

Hello Nish and all
I am back from the amazing vacation...and I am going to fight for R&B and write all my nonsense views like before πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†