Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Namratha - Sorry.. Forgot to mention!! 
Loved them all... You write beautifully!! 
Keep writing :))
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
What I meant was not ignoring survivors like Malala but also highlighting the travails of young girls who persist against all odds...there are many people like our own Vani who are doing their bit to be the change...I head a school listed as a changemaker school...yet i feel i am not doing as much as schools in  remote places across the country...I feel there are so many women of substance around us...i had women belonging to a self help group i am involved with asking me to help buy gold coins...i had a chat with them as to what happens when they face a financial crunch and at the end of half an hour they were ready to start a dairy(they have been successfully running it for a good 8 years now) to me these women who toil hard to keep the family together who walk great distances to fetch water and fodder...who persist against the injustice of society is each a celebrity ...
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you so much ashu...!! πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks a lot nouf...!!to I get full gate pass now??

Good morning sab ko πŸ˜†πŸ€—

Update : that dialogue πŸ€£
And four kids II...now you know...start dreaming of future with them
Nisha ek into the future dedo plz...uske 4 kids and dude ka
Weekend ka gift 
Plzzz

She announced she will !miss him...if they are going to get this expressive I wouldn't mind tiny saperation 

Ranjan...what is he going through?
Nisha can we get a tiny glimpse of that
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wonderful update Nisha.
Direct jump from 3 to 4😊. Please plan for at least one. Ranjan, RnB and SoSY world is putting pressure on you for baby.
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nisha just caught up with the updates J to J and Missing you... beautifully written as always. Their pain is palpable.
BUT I'm missing not being able to join in the fab conversation you guys are having on the thread. 

YESSS Mahesh's pic πŸ‘. I somehow imagined one of them to be amma all through the tale. The lady in the show don't remember her actually. NAMO - My take on it if he can make the roads safe for us, clamp down on the big C, on privilege that people seem to get for belonging to coteries of every kind - moneyed elite, the right DNA or just the networks, and the young and not so young women in India can find their way quite comfortably. I would treat this as the rest of his rhetoric...and look at his work!

I'm in the midst of a emotional ride at work .. 1 day down 4 to go..missing the time here. 

Thank you for the tale...can't even begin to tell you how the insanity here keeps me sane and smiling in real life!!

DOnt know about leaving fear for faith. does not come easily to me but smiles for stares ( I seem to be getting a bunch of it now at work 😭) that comes easily thanks to this tale and the SoSy family!😳

NSB7 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Namratha, you had asked me a few days ago to post something from the style of poetry that I like to write. Some of my personal favorites that I have written over the years have come from my experiences of just observing strangers. The following is something that I wrote during one summer when I volunteered weekly at a nursing home. I was usually assigned to spend time with an elderly Russian woman who was suffering from Alzheimer's. She would always sit in her rocking chair with a shawl draped over her shoulders. It was very rare that she would ever talk, but I would read to her for an hour or so and at times she would just get a certain faraway look on her face, as though she was remembering something. She passed away during the fall of the same year and it was upon finding out about her passing that I wrote this piece. It's not related to SoSy, but I hope you like it nonetheless.

Chehra
Maine dekhaa chintaa aur pyaar
jhuriyon ki teh ke piche,
dabdabaati hui aankhon ki chamak,
aur chehre pe ek khokhli si hansi.

Maile phatte haathon ki lakeeron ko dekhti hui aankhen,
jaise ab bhi kuch hone ka intezaar hai,
phir dekhti hui paloo mein padi ek gaanth ko,
jaise jeevan bhar ki daastan usme bandhi hai.

Kuch yaadon ki panaah mein
jaise ek zindagi chal rahi hai,
vartamaan ke khaanche mein,
ateet ki khidki khul rahi hai.

Kuch sochte hue aankhen bhar aayi uski,
jaise silaapat pe bikhri aus ki kuch boondein ho,
dabdabaayi aankhon mein ab dard hai,
aur chehre pe ek jaani pehchaani si muskaan...

wow wow wow nivi
This one made me want to cry
Literally called ppl I know who had been through such suffering to check on them 
U have some really great skill right here
A huge bow to u
Man to make things move u with such simple words is just so amazing
Hug!!!
I am So glad I know you
NSB7 thumbnail
Asma...has been long I said hi!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Looks like the SOsy Brand is expanding we seem to be all ser for Sosy Poetry Central.
Very well done Nivi and Namu speed read whatever I could had to tell you guys are talented! πŸ‘
blue5sky thumbnail
Originally posted by: NSB7

Asma...has been long I said hi!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Ye my dear long time since I have been here and active.. enjoying a brief respite and had to head to the Oasis!πŸ˜‰
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Appetizers & Articles of faith

He picked her up promptly at 8:03, Manya finally showed up at dinner, the chef was home too, a big meal was being cooked
Mahavir was helping fill out Akka's dinner tiffin carrier, a giant stacked bowl set.
There was even recipe cards and a formal menu on a lil tripod like stand
She read carefully, it had the chef's logo on it

Malai kofta and Kombdi rassa (Maharashtrian chicken)
and salad with strawberries and baby oranges,  naan, jeera rice, karhi with pakoras and stuffed baby brinjals, and rabri and fresh jalebis for dessert

The kitchen smelled fantastic when she entered

She turned to her husband hesitantly  "what a good cook , the house smells like a restaurant" she said in awe

He wasnt carried away, but indulgently admired her childish enthusiasm

"How many years has he cooked?"

"They always switch jobs and or buy new ventures, they cant do it dedicatedly, we get a new guy/woman every few years"

"That must be so fun" "Food from every state?" she asked softly

"Punjabi is the most popular" (with Dad) he said

"I want food from every state" she wished

"Tell him I dont think he would care, hed make it... its his job" he muttered bending down speaking softly, caring

He waved the chef appeared as R&B picked out a lager from the frig

"She had a question

"NOOO" she said gripping her husband's hand

"She wnated to know if u could do a state theme" R&B said

"TOTALLY, agle hafte se shuru karen?"

"Not Iyer though" II blurted

The chef and her husband burst out laughing...

"i eat that at home, Amma and Akka both make yummy Iyer food"

"Niice... where do ur parents live?"

"D II, I mean Sector 12, I am a bureaucrat baby" she said embarrassed, he must cook in homes where the new DIL is a so and so herself

"Niice... My Dad worked for MCD" the chef said politely

"Oh??" II visibly relaxed

"Bhallas are great people" he said

"U dont have to say that when my husband is within ear shot" II reminded

R&B chuckled she felt him on her back... woodsy and lemony and... umm...

"Jee theek" the chef nodded amused

"I have a variation to the sparkling water, u want to try some?" he asked

She nodded cheerfully

He handed her water with strawberries she thought, but it had mint,... divine

"Ive seen it on Pinterest, this tastes sooo good" she nodded

"Then u will like this" he said

Pouring out rosemary lemonade"

I COULD HAVE 6 GLASSES OF THIS" she declared downing it

"Thanks" she nodded

"U are the only non drinker in the family I was told" he smiled

"I drink wine... sometimes"

Manya walked in "chef more of those finger foods please"

"Hey I am crashing ur private party" she said

"Oh! no its not private" II was defensive

Manya saw the husband and wife leaning on the glass door frig and being feted by the chef

He offered II a golden brown roasted paneer slice, when she bit into it she found roasted
pine nuts and a stalk of basil in its belly with  zing/heat from Mexican cascabel peppers

"OH WOW!!" II jumped

"U like that?" he asked smugly

"I LOVE IT" "With the lemonade... I am pretty much done for the night" she smiled

She extended her plate to Manya... she grabbed a piece

"U shud try the fish he makes... how much ghaas phoos can u eat?" she asked

"thats all I eat" she nodded quietly

"He eats everything" she pointed to dimpal

II shrugged uncaringly

"Are u guys having a private party?" Manya asked

"Oh! No... he came in for a beer, I followed the scent of food" II chuckled

"dinner's ready... I came in at 4" the chef said

"I am hungry" II said "I cooked at Akka's but didnt eat, I eat a lot so I wanted to leave food for them" she burst out laughing

Mahavir picked up the tall tiffin carrier

"I cooked today" she told her husband

"they can eat tomorrow"

"Or until the baby is born" II laughed hysterically
"Is that going to ur sister's place?" Manya asked

Ii nodded

Manya watched Mahavir leave... didnt say anything... now

"Is Dad home?" she asked

"Oh ya... Dad, Chachu..."

AYYYO!! thought II

Manya took a plate of whatever the chef made

Santarm heaped her plate with the paneer

The chef poured lemonade

Manya watched it all before leaving

They ate together... Chachu delighted his nephew was leaving

His good days were indeed on the horizon, sons at Excel, expanding unsupervised at
Gurgaon workshop, and the only visible heir to Excelsior leaving the company, AND leaving the country.

Her being there wasnt helping Ranjan in any way, what was done was done. She was a nobody.
She didnt have any wise advice or clever workaround to R&B's departure
She didnt have any words of healing or hugs of compassion

She didnt want to express too much of her disappointment in front of Chachu

It must already be evident to him and Chachi how dysfunctional poor "Bhaisaab's" family is

II's heart broke at that thought

Ma being gone under suspicious circumstances
Manya being random, and whimsical and opinionated, Vik completely not belonging to the picture, saying the most tactless things all the time
Her husband pretty much all packed and ready to go
She herself from a totally different culture and socio economic setting

"chachi is right" she thought

Yet she lingered by Ranjan... looking for little hints of how he was feeling facing up to his brother's unwanted pity and sympathy.
In every minute of extra attention displayed by Harish there lay a reinforcement that "Ranjan will never be as happy as "us".
They all probably sat around with Chachi in the living room watching TV and drinking in Vasant Vihar, 4 sons, 3 bahus, 6 grandkids

Her husband went up...

Chachi rarely forced Ranjan to stay for dinner

"Meri jimmerwari haigi bhiasaab" Chachu promised big
Ranjan nodded

"4 gabru jawan haingey ne, kis din, kis waaste kaam aavenge?" (I have 4 boys when will we use them)

ranjan nodded

"Hoshiyaar, jawan hai, os dee company haigee, jaan do tussi, dil chhota na karo, wahe guru sab theek karangey" speaking with contrived positivity😑
(hes young, he has his own company, u dont lose hope, God will make it all better)

"Jo jo hoey soyee sukh manayeen" Ranjan quoted a prayer somberly
(Whatever happens he peacefully accepts)