Debate Mansion

AMUL milk is toxic - Page 3

...Shrisha... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Druids

Best to just avoid all packaged goods. 

We need to look out for ourselves. The govt ain't likely to do it. 

i agree but if only this is actually thought and done by the whole India not just me and you

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i agree but if only this is actually thought and done by the whole India not just me and you

True. 
Druids thumbnail
To all the incredulous ones.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/ICAR-to-focus-on-improving-and-promoting-indigenous-cattle-breeds/articleshow/45972372.cms

The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has plans to promote only theindigenous breeds of cattle across the country discarding its earlier policy of cross breeding to increase milk yield. This is expected to increase the production of milk with good quality A2 protein (beta-casein protein) rather than the more common A1 protein commonly found in regular milk. Indian cattle produce A2 milk.

"Cross breeding is not the answer for increasing milk production. We have very good Indian breeds like Sahiwal, Gir, Tharparkar, Rathi etc. They are economical breeds as well. It is wise to inseminate these cows with good varieties of indigenous bulls whose progeny has been tested to improve them," K M L Pathak, deputy director general of animal sciences of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), told TOI.

A report hidden in the inside pages of newspapers. Don't expect cricket and saas bahu/ Lalit Modi flogging MSM to report on this, ok.

If you were to do a little more research on this, it was indeed AMUL founder Verghese Kurien who went on a mission to cull indigenous cattle breeds and hybridise the remaining ones. 

The main reason for the gradual extinction in the pure Indian bovine breeds like Sahiwal, Gir, Rathi etc. was the cross-breeding in the 60's. The hybrids were ill-equipped to deal with the Indian climate, and hence readily succumbed very often to heat-and-dust-related diseases, making their maintenance cost go up, up, up, which was ill-affordable by a majority of the farmers in the country. 
I couldn't find any reference to the "culling of indigenous cows" you're talking about. Any links to that end?
Yes, I've also read about this.
All the health problems that vegans were attributing to dairy are in fact, caused by this beta casein variant. 
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh I am sick of this. We never know what we eat or drink these days do we?! I'll just blindly consume the "food" and pray that my body will know what is a nutrient and what is rubbish.
This content was originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

Oh I am sick of this. We never know what we eat or drink these days do we?! I'll just blindly consume the "food" and pray that my body will know what is a nutrient and what is rubbish.

IKR. Things are not looking good. ðŸ˜†
Druids thumbnail
http://www.tehelka.com/2013/01/the-desi-cow-almost-extinct/?singlepage=1
Apparently the FSSAI tests and procedures were faulty. Nestle wasn't issued a proper show-cause notice,nor was it established that the percentage of lead in the noodles was above healthy limits. And from what I know,MSG doesn't affect you all that badly unless you're a child or a pregnant woman (OR have a specific reaction to it).
Having said that, it was still wrong of the Brand to not put warning labels on their brand and to market it as 'healthy'.
Unhinged thumbnail
http://restorenaturopathy.com.au/blogs/is-a2-milk-another-hippie-scam/

Its a short read. In essence if you have dairy allergies A2 might be beneficial to you but if you don't have allergies then you are wasting your money on something which does not really make much difference to your health.