Posted: 8 years ago
Long ago, all cows used to produce A2 milk. But then some mutation took place in the European breeds and an amino acid changed in the beta casien protein which rendered the milk toxic, now widely known as A1 milk.

A1 milk can cause autoimmune disease, heart disease, type 1 diabetes, autism, and schizophrenia.
Indian and African cows were still producing nutritious A2 milk until our man Friday, the honourable Mr Verghese Kurien introduced A1 cows in India. Steps were taken to cull the indigenous Indian humped cow breeds and also hybridise them with European breeds. 
Indian A2 bull semen and frozen embryos were also smuggled to other countries. Today Brazil is making a killing out of selling these. 

Sales of A2 milk have captured a major share of the market in Australia and UK too in recent years.

In News:
PIL demands milk ingredients, statutory warning printed on milk bags
Saeed Khan, TNN | May 7, 2015, 10.08PM IST
inShare
AHMEDABAD: Gujarat high court on Thursday issued notice to the state government and concerned authorities over a PIL demanding that the packaged milk must contain information of ingredients in the milk and a word of caution too in case the Jersey cow's milk.

Petitioner Chintan Gohel has highlighted the aspect that Jersey cow milk is known as A/1 milk, while cow milk from local breeds is A/2 category. While A/2 milk is healthy and good for digestion, due to weak chain in A/1 milk, it is difficult to digest and causes various health issues.

The petitioner cited various researches carried out in the Europe, the Americas and Australia and relied mainly on the book titled "Devil in the Milk" by Keith Woodford to establish how A1 milk causes diseases like diabetes, schizophrenia, cardiac ailments, autism in the age group of 0-14.

The petitioner has demanded that the state government, family welfare department and animal husbandry department must ensure that ungracious of milk i.e. A/1 or A/2 milk should be mentioned on the packing of milk & milk product, with statutory warning that it is injurious to health.

After hearing the case, a bench of Acting Chief Justice V M Sahai and Justice R P Dholaria sought explanation in this regard from the government authorities and kept further hearing after the summer vacation. 
why are you so much after the food industry...😆.. first maggi now amul... please spare vada pav if you can... ðŸ˜†
Ok jokes aside that's useful information but then arent these products around for 50 years or more and wouldnt some incidences have accurred to support this? What has changed that much all of a sudden...
I seriously feel Amul is the best milk brand available in India..still better than all those pseudo milk supplying brands.
Originally posted by qwertyesque

why are you so much after the food industry...😆.. first maggi now amul... please spare vada pav if you can... ðŸ˜†
Ok jokes aside that's useful information but then arent these products around for 50 years or more and wouldnt some incidences have accurred to support this? What has changed that much all of a sudden...

Just spreading the word, that's all. All Indian street foods are fine by me. Even those who have concerns about hygiene, as they say if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger. 

Many incidents have occurred to support this. Rates of autism, IBS, Crohn's, Alzheimer's, cancer are at an all time high. How much was the incidence of cancer 50 years ago? And today, little babies are getting it. Do you think this is sudden?

One last thing-jet fuel can't melt steel beams. ðŸ¤£

Originally posted by iMini

I seriously feel Amul is the best milk brand available in India..still better than all those pseudo milk supplying brands.

Buffalo milk and goat milk is A2 and ok. AMUL is A1 or mixed so much you really don't know the source. But if you feel it's good, then keep that thought strong and it might just work. ðŸ˜›

But yeah, those expensive pseudo brands that sell A1 milk and that too the pasterurised, homogenised kind are the worst. 

Originally posted by Druids

Just spreading the word, that's all. All Indian street foods are fine by me. Even those who have concerns about hygiene, as they say if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger. 

Many incidents have occurred to support this. Rates of autism, IBS, Crohn's, Alzheimer's, cancer are at an all time high. How much was the incidence of cancer 50 years ago? And today, little babies are getting it. Do you think this is sudden?

One last thing-jet fuel can't melt steel beams. ðŸ¤£

That is why I would say be vegetarian... and dont believe in all those diseases. americans market as per their convenience.. if they want to get attention to ALS they have buckets of ice water dumped.. if obesity they make it look like apocalypse.. and then provide big mac and double whopper to those kids through marketing...autism is so over rated  - sometimes i feel sad the kind of kids that get categorized as autisitic... its ridiculous...cancer has gone up cause population has... 50 years ago india had only about 400 million in population..  and btw you blame it all on food!!!! yeh kya ho raha hai!!!???? you sure jet fuel is not melting the beams.. by your logic anything is possible...😆

ok please dont think i am ridiculing your points but this blame it on something doesnt go well with me.. i need definitive evidence... you remember the vaccinations causing autism theory of mid 90's... has been proven wrong but an entire generation of americans have gone without those and now are suffering from wierd things ðŸ˜Š
Toxic or hmmm Expired milk in my fridge: Do I throw it out or wait until it's delicious cheese?!!!...But still I love eat milk powder...😳😃

Edited by -Believe- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Druids

Buffalo milk and goat milk is A2 and ok. AMUL is A1 or mixed so much you really don't know the source. But if you feel it's good, then keep that thought strong and it might just work.😛

But yeah, those expensive pseudo brands that sell A1 milk and that too the pasterurised, homogenised kind are the worst.

I usually am able to make better cottage cheese,curd,mayonnaise and ghee from amul milk than the other brands I have tried.Also the home tests only strengthened my trust on this brand.Problem is you say Amul is toxic,so tell me an alternative and I will switch to that.
Originally posted by -Believe-

Toxic or hmmm Expired milk in my fridge: Do I throw it out or wait until it's delicious cheese?!!!...But still I love eat milk powder...😳😃

Yum yum let it ferment a bit more.😛
Originally posted by iMini

I usually am able to make better cottage cheese,curd,mayonnaise and ghee from amul milk than the other brands I have tried.Also the home tests only strengthened my trust on this brand.Problem is you say Amul is toxic,so tell me an alternative and I will switch to that.

Milk is about 85% water. The remaining 15% is the milk sugar lactose, protein, fat, and minerals. The protein portion is 80% casein and 20% whey. Whey does not coagulate or make a curd as the milk acidifies. Beta-casein is 30% of the total protein content in milk, or about 30% of the total protein content in cow's milk. 

Sometime in the past few thousand years, a natural mutation occurred in some European dairy herds that changed the beta-casein they produced. The gene encoding beta-casein was changed such that the 67th amino acid in the 209 amino acid chain that is the beta-casein protein was switched from proline to histidine. 

Proline has a strong bond to a small protein called BCM 7, which helps keep it from getting into the milk, so that essentially no BCM 7 is found in the urine, blood or GI tract of old-fashioned A2 cows. On the other hand, histidine, the mutated protein, only weakly holds on to BCM 7, so it is liberated in the GI tract of animals and humans who drink A1 cow milk.

BCM 7 has been shown to cause neurological impairment in animals and people exposed to it, especially autistic and schizophrenic changes. BCM 7 interferes with the immune response, and injecting BCM 7 in animal models has been shown to provoke type 1 diabetes. Dr. Woodford's book presents research showing a direct correlation between a population's exposure to A1 cow's milk and incidence of autoimmune disease, heart disease, type 1 diabetes, autism, and schizophrenia.

So you see, A1 milk is still milk except that BCM 7 can cause problems. 

Buffalo and goat milk is all A2 as I said so if you can get those. Otherwise, ghee made from A1 seems fine because it only involves milk fat and not proteins. Yogurt from A1 milk also seems to cause fewer problems than the milk itself.