SW Symphony 22 How? on 2 - Page 32

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Ayyo😭

I called my parents, Amma had gone to the temple across the street, Appa was doing his morning pooja. "Please dont forget... please call again kanna" he begged
Ive been married YEARS😭

I don't know looks like SoSY is awaking our sixth sense!
Originally posted by taramira

I think this is th reason why we are all so connected...because we share similar experiences. Distinctly remember summers, never got coca cola and to compensate my mom used to make rasna...
We used to pour  it out proudly and pretend we were having coca cola. 
One Camlin  box of crayons was supposed to last a whole school year, we used it down to the last bit. 
Carried 10 paise with us only to fill air in our bicycles and watched with envy as other "rich" kids bought ice lollies to ward off the heat on their way home from school. 
The emphasis was always on principles, padhai...even after I landed a good job my dad would constantly say don't waste money save it! 

Taraji 👏👏
I really wanted to share this... I am a little bit confused about vandu's character...seems like the last few days are really bringing out the flaws of vandu and bala who were previously considered as the mature ppl to advice II...
Lets take vandu alone here...There was one thing I hated and one thing I loved in the 2 updates...

In the first update, I hated when she argued with bala about beating shravu... As I have previously mentioned "adichu valakarthula thappe illa" If bala had not punished yesterday, the kid wouldn't understand and take his mistake seriously...so wat happened was necessary...She had all the right to be angry for II...but not for beating shravu...I always believe that one parent has to be strict and the other can be a little lenient...That was how I was brought up...Niraya adi vangiruken amma kiterunthu...but today turning back I feel that it was necessary for shaping me...However my dad used to be very lineant...but still if I go and say him that amma adichuta, the first question he would ask is "wat did u do"...That is parenting...u shud never undermine the other parent...But I feel that it is missing in vandu which I hate...

But the thing I liked in the 2nd update is that she wanted to make things better between bala and shravu...she wanted shravu to say that he liked what his dad got for him...this was a good one as it will make both bala happy and would also improve the relationship between shravu and bala...
I spoke to my amma and appa too
They call me everyday cos I stay away
And I usually am so lost in my own world 
But today I was just so upset with myself that I don't give them enough time over phone 
I said sorry and my ma started laughing 
She says she is used to it now
I promised to talk really properly everyday
She laughs again and says betu u usually talk well too don't get all clingy now its not you
My mum never let's me feel bad about anything 
Like vandu

Thanks Jyothi, something as simple as asking Amma to make kesari because the finances dont allow outside treats, or atleast cream biscuits or a Cadbury for Rs. 25... Appas will spend the very last rupee without a second thought... I recall my Appa would bring 4 mangoes at the end of the month, since he cant buy us dozens of it...Thatha and Paati would get one each (they cant make sacrifices right) the other two Amma will cut up between us kids... Appa will pour out the left over mango juice/syrup from the empty thaali on to his curd rice to get the flavor

I kick myself thinking about it now... thinking "AYYO why didnt it occur to me to ask Amma to make one more cut and give one lil sliver to Appa"

What we see is what we become... in Nivi's words, when I save up MY share of the office Bday brownie and bring it home and cut it up and hand it to my kids... it brings tears to my Amma's eyes when they are visiting...

I can SO afford a box of brownies any day of the year... yet I am unable to bite into mine

Nisha my childhood had been rather luxurious but my parents believed in the concept that I should know the value of money had have all the principles instilled in me. I was never denied any treat or game rather given two when I asked for one.  But at the same time was slapped if I disobeyed my pati or tried to byheart a concept instead of understanding it.

In vandita I see my mother who used to protect me from my dads wroth when I did something wrong and try to protect me from m grandparents when I made a mistake 

Originally posted by Ashu25

No more crying ab
Chalo, sab happy hapy ho jao

Nisha agar aapse hua toh ek aur de dena
Warna koi joke maar dena

Aise mat roya karo sab😭

yeah need one happy wala!!!where in this world you are this much lucky to ask to an author something like this????we are the luckiest readers in the world!!!!! 🥳 ❤️ you nishaaa...
Originally posted by jyothi_cool

Nisha my childhood had been rather luxurious but my parents believed in the concept that I should know the value of money had have all the principles instilled in me. I was never denied any treat or game rather given two when I asked for one.  But at the same time was slapped if I disobeyed my pati or tried to byheart a concept instead of understanding it.

In vandita I see my mother who used to protect me from my dads wroth when I did something wrong and try to protect me from m grandparents when I made a mistake 

Jyothi!! 

I can so empathise with you!

I have been beought up luxuriously yet have seen my share of lean days. 
Originally posted by swathi1990

I really wanted to share this... I am a little bit confused about vandu's character...seems like the last few days are really bringing out the flaws of vandu and bala who were previously considered as the mature ppl to advice II...
Lets take vandu alone here...There was one thing I hated and one thing I loved in the 2 updates...

In the first update, I hated when she argued with bala about beating shravu... As I have previously mentioned "adichu valakarthula thappe illa" If bala had not punished yesterday, the kid wouldn't understand and take his mistake seriously...so wat happened was necessary...She had all the right to be angry for II...but not for beating shravu...I always believe that one parent has to be strict and the other can be a little lenient...That was how I was brought up...Niraya adi vangiruken amma kiterunthu...but today turning back I feel that it was necessary for shaping me...However my dad used to be very lineant...but still if I go and say him that amma adichuta, the first question he would ask is "wat did u do"...That is parenting...u shud never undermine the other parent...But I feel that it is missing in vandu which I hate...

But the thing I liked in the 2nd update is that she wanted to make things better between bala and shravu...she wanted shravu to say that he liked what his dad got for him...this was a good one as it will make both bala happy and would also improve the relationship between shravu and bala...

Swa, fully agree, but she is entitled to feel bad for her child illeya? MEN are more rational and practical, I am yet to meet a mother who after the kid gets a spanking goes to the child and says " Oh! u deserved it" in so many words or implies that
Mothers tend to feel terrible if fathers  spank... fathers do too  they will say "Vaayala solly ADIKKAADE"
My  2 year old or 3 year old will mix all the dals in the pantry or mix atta with rice... everything in the bottom shelf will be gutted... I will strike across their diaper laden bottom YET my husband will be " Kozhandaya poi adikare?" (why do u hit the child)

I may be wrong I bet there are many Moms NOT like Vandu... yes... but Vandu is this way

Swa, fully agree, but she is entitled to feel bad for her child illeya? MEN are more rational and practical, I am yet to meet a mother who after the kid gets a spanking goes to the child and says " Oh! u deserved it" in so many words or implies that
Mothers tend to feel terrible if fathers  spank... fathers do too  they will say "Vaayala solly ADIKKAADE"
My  2 year old or 3 year old will mix all the dals in the pantry or mix atta with rice... everything in the bottom shelf will be gutted... I will strike across their diaper laden bottom YET my husband will be " Kozhandaya poi adikare?" (why do u hit the child)

I may be wrong I bet there are many Moms NOT like Vandu... yes... but Vandu is this way

Nish, all I am saying is, amma adicha na...

my dad will come and say softly that I made a mistake and I shouldn't do it next time...But I have never seen my dad stopping my mom when she is beating /scolding me...becos both of them know that one has to be strict...and never has my mom or dad been angry on each other for beating me...becos u believe that ur wife/husband had a good reason for that...none of the parent wants to really punish a kid illaya ???? He is already upset about his kid...vandu's anger towards him is only making him worse...what is vandu trying to say ??? taht he should never beat shravu ???? athu epsi pa mudiyum ???
I have no words to express my appreciation for the last two updates. Just so real. I Skyped with ma and papa after reading the updates, just to say a simple "thank you" and "I love you." Hearing that out of the blue brought tears to their eyes and I realized that even though I intrinsically know how much they mean to me, it is very rarely that I have expressed this to them. I realized today that we can never repay them for all the sacrifices that they have made to raise us, but "thank you" and "I love you" actually do go a long way.