-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread - Page 3

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Chits1

hello where can I find the video of epic channel esp rabindranath's stories by Anurag basu?
Don't Know
Originally posted by VIMAL.M

Very Well Said By Anurag Basu . I Completely Agree With Him.
Today's female character in television, their morality,rights n wrongs ,their decision,their thinking.Is so much regressive.Tagore who wrote 100yrs before these characters and our television characters have old thinking beyond those 100yrs .Thats why this is relevant [Tagore story characters]
yeh exactly...😳
Originally posted by Chits1

hello where can I find the video of epic channel esp rabindranath's stories by Anurag basu?

I searched for links I could not find it.Even they r not uploading in their YT channel also in their website.So we have to watch in TV itself.
I liked the 1st episode .. I am reading Chokher Bali now and there are some changes like the story is not told in flashback but this doesn't disrupt the flow of the original story .. 

I missed the beginning of 1st epi .. in book I think Bihari didn't really fall for Binodini or may be it happened later .. I am yet to read the whole novel .. Bihari was always very respectful towards Asalata .. may be he was in love with her but whoever he loved he never expressed .. he was a very composed man almost like a sage .. I simply loved the actor playing the role .. perfect fit for it 

I like Bhanu-Uday who is playing Mahendra since Special Squad days but loving Mahendra is impossible .. he is impulsive, greedy, weak, jealous, and what not .. however, no matter how Mahendra is, it will give the actor to explore a lot 

Binodini is the most complex character .. irony is such women are turned into vamps in today's soap operas but see how beautifully Tagore brought her feelings, pain, anger and jealousy out .. you can't but love her .. Apte is looking good and refreshing as Bindodini 

Someone pls pls pls..upload the episodes of stories by rabindranath tagore,I live in canada and we don't get the channel here..
someone load the video pls..it is a sincere request
guys,pls keep tweeting to Epic channel for posting the videos of their shows.they never give any video but just few seconds preview.Not fair.
Keep tweeting or requesting them in ther facebook..they will see so many requests and do something.
For those not getting the channels,someone shd upload the videos..can't believe we can't see Epic channel videos anywhere.
That's sad that many interested people are not able to watch due to lack of uploads by the channel.
Ain't other shows uploaded on their YT channel.I think there's one.Who knows they upload it by the weekend..

Nonetheless,I'll write it to them:)
Two episodes - brilliant portrayal of Radindranath Tagore's one of the most ambitious novels !! Anurag Basu & his team have actually taken quite a few number of creative liberties, but those can be digested as long as the story is not plundered with. My feeling is that there are some influences of Satyajit Ray on this portrayal. The station scene between Binodini & Behaari reminded me of Satyajit Ray's "Kapurush o Mahapurush" and the piano  scene of his "Ghare-Baire".

Mahendra is extremely self-obsessive, a grey character in it's real sense. Generic series' would definitely have converted Binodini's character to that of a vamp. But, we can actually sympathize with her in this sensitive portrayal. Behaari is downright righteous. Ashalata is innocent, a poor victim of circumstances which are beyond her control.

Everything is spot on. Every actor is doing his/her job to utmost perfection. The background music has truly amalgamated  with the related scenes. So many Rabindrasangeets in their original form in a hindi series !!! Really refreshing !!! The cinematography is brilliant and the list is endless. I can go on and on. It's really a refreshing change from all "xyz" series' being telecast on every other channel. Kudos to EPIC and Anurag Basu & his team for gifting this to the viewers who want to watch real content on TV. I would request them to come up with such series' again in future portraying gems of Sarat Chandra Chattyopadhyay, Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, Jarasandha, Nihar Ranjan Gupta, Ashutosh Mukhopadhyaya  and the list is endless.
Hey chandrima,can u pls upload the video for us? a sincere request
@Chits1, So sorry, I've myself watched the episode on EPIC at 10:00 PM. I've got no downloaded copy of the same. And sadly EPIC does not upload their programs anywhere, even not on their site: http://www.epicchannel.com/ Edited by chandrima02 - 8 years ago