Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: dristi64

Nisha is off to DMV. Gaya hope paani meinπŸ˜†

DMV woes are painful. Given I have moved around I am pro at ranting about them.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.
Best was in Cali: in and out in 1 hour.😊
Most awful: Toronto: Insane amount of paper work😑
Followed by some remote place in NJ i dont recall the name. Waited for 4 hours
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

QUOTE=Hsp.canada]

Anu we are soul sisters, i had the same for II before this update. I feel her pain. I would still want the Bala and Vandu to have a talk with Shravu. πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

yes we are woh toh kabka patha tha πŸ˜ƒ
Bala and Vandu will talk they will be fine .. just that i feel we blame our problems on others so this time Bala too may blame it on the Bhatras  for every Manny in MM there is a Bala in Munirka.😭 and II is getting squished by the rich and the not so rich 😭
i cant wait to know why shravu did it
attention seeking, thinking Nandu is a brother , Nandu has enough so big deal if he took one..

this kyoon kiya is ensuring i am not finishing my job and have to work late nite πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Dekh maine aaj kithne comments likey ek ka bhi no jawab its like Nisha and me are playing IF tag πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Agree
I hope it doesnt become  uncomfortable and II  feels the undercurrents .😭😭. 

Edited by Hsp.canada - 8 years ago
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Why do children carry iPads to school?

Do they really need to...
Childhood was simple for my generation...happier without such gadgets

SR, there are these new schools that have started from the past 5-6 yrs, where its compulsory to carry a tab...I think so, not sure abt it. And here there is no play only work.

@anu,

Yeah even I like kids like Shravu, it will be a joy to talk to such kids.

I love my daughter a lil bit more than my son, esp when she is in the mood to clean, she is jst turned 8 this month, even though I insist not to do it, hse washes all the vessels (chota ones, even the tea one)mops up the kitchen slab, sweeps the floor, then wrings the cloth nd dries it. And I shld she is better than my maid servant. Once or twice a month she does this...esp sundays.

Or sometimes she just  demands to be cuddled and then proceeds to kiss me anywhere she can reach . Once she starts her chatter there is no stopping her...and I always wish why cant they be kids forever, with all their innocence intact, why shld they grow up and start facing the trial and tribulations of life. 

Seeing the divorce rate nowadays, I sometimes tell her, dont marry, just study well, get a job and enjoy ur self.. ...if this is heard by my hubs then I am in for a lecture.

Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
shidin0117 thumbnail

Oops double post, sometimes IF is troublesome...meanie IF😑

Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
nividances thumbnail
This was a recent Humans of Bombay post. In the end the girl talks about choice and I think she does a much better job of it than Ms. Padukone managed to do. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/imaansheikh/from-kamathipura-to-america

"I've grown up in a red light area, surrounded by the flesh trade all my life. At 12, I've been asked for my 'rate' and cried myself to sleep because I didn't understand it. But you want to know what's worse? It's that the men who came to ask would all be from the 'upper class' as you call it with shiny cars and the perception that they could 'buy' anything. But the women there are my family...they've taken care of me when my mother would have to go work at a factory near by and treated with me so much love and kindness, but I still grew up with a very low self esteem because of my dark color. I don't know why you have to be fair to be beautiful...and because I'm dark I've always been called ugly. Once my 12th standard ended, I decided to make a change. I told the people at my Municipal school that I wanted to study, learn English and make something of myself. That's when I went to an organization called Kranti.

I spent the next year, traveling across India conducting workshops on sex education and that's when I realized that not everyone judges me for my background and kind of got my self esteem back. I've always been a day dreamer, so I randomly just said it out loud one day that I want to go America (at that point I didn't even know if it was a continent, city or a country) and through Kranti's efforts I got a full scholarship at Bard College to study Liberal Arts. We crowd sourced the rest of the money for my accomodation and day to day expenses and my life has just turned around...I've been to semester at Sea, I speak fluent English and have amazing entrepreneurial ideas to make a difference to my home...to Kamathipura. 

Yes, open your mind about my home. Accept that people have choices and know that so many women there are in it by choice...because it's their source of livelihood. As Indians, we need to judge less and accept things that are not always in our comfort zone, because my background is not my weakness...I'm me, and no location can define who I am."
Edited by nividances - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

This was a recent Humans of Bombay post. In the end the girl talks about choice and I think she does a much better job of it than Ms. Padukone managed to do. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/imaansheikh/from-kamathipura-to-america

"I've grown up in a red light area, surrounded by the flesh trade all my life. At 12, I've been asked for my 'rate' and cried myself to sleep because I didn't understand it. But you want to know what's worse? It's that the men who came to ask would all be from the 'upper class' as you call it with shiny cars and the perception that they could 'buy' anything. But the women there are my family...they've taken care of me when my mother would have to go work at a factory near by and treated with me so much love and kindness, but I still grew up with a very low self esteem because of my dark color. I don't know why you have to be fair to be beautiful...and because I'm dark I've always been called ugly. Once my 12th standard ended, I decided to make a change. I told the people at my Municipal school that I wanted to study, learn English and make something of myself. That's when I went to an organization called Kranti.

I spent the next year, traveling across India conducting workshops on sex education and that's when I realized that not everyone judges me for my background and kind of got my self esteem back. I've always been a day dreamer, so I randomly just said it out loud one day that I want to go America (at that point I didn't even know if it was a continent, city or a country) and through Kranti's efforts I got a full scholarship at Bard College to study Liberal Arts. We crowd sourced the rest of the money for my accomodation and day to day expenses and my life has just turned around...I've been to semester at Sea, I speak fluent English and have amazing entrepreneurial ideas to make a difference to my home...to Kamathipura. 

Yes, open your mind about my home. Accept that people have choices and know that so many women there are in it by choice...because it's their source of livelihood. As Indians, we need to judge less and accept things that are not always in our comfort zone, because my background is not my weakness...I'm me, and no location can define who I am."

As always when I found a breather..i went online and the last page of the thread trying to figure out if I have missed an update.

And I found your article. What a beautiful anti-dote to all that seems to fill the news about India off late.

Could not agree more with the girls definition of choice.Little stories like this are so heart warming. I know many kids like teach English at organisations like Kranti, mothers that teach their maids kids along with their own, bachelors in Bangalore who pay their maids kid's school fees together with the salary they pay her. And then there is the snigger of OH the NGO types at cocktails. You need them afterall they make giving easy for people like us who would like to give but have mile long daily to do lists! 

When Kids come back as say ' oh that was easy' after tutoring a needy child there is a glint in the eyes and a sense of peace that comes from giving.

It does not take much to be non-judging a little less ego and space in your mind to think of another. So true Nivi choice can transform yourself and the world around you!

Thank you for the article.πŸ‘πŸΌ

I just love this thread!! Awesome tale, awesome writer and awesome people!πŸ€—

have nice day everyone!

And Nisha who rarely gets to read all that we write...as always waiting for more...
nividances thumbnail

I don't know about India, but I know here in the US a lot of schools have begun to use e-textbooks, so the schools themselves are supplying iPads for classroom use rather than purchasing books. My younger brother has never lugged home a heavy book since 8th grade because everything was available online, from homework problems to required readings. However, I do know that the school iPads are only meant to be used in the classroom and they are not allowed outside of the building. I'm not sure about kids using their own personal devices in school, as our school district prohibits the use of cell phones during school hours, so everyone including teachers and students has to keep their phones turned off within that time frame.
shidin0117 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

I don't know about India, but I know here in the US a lot of schools have begun to use e-textbooks, so the schools themselves are supplying iPads for classroom use rather than purchasing books. My younger brother has never lugged home a heavy book since 8th grade because everything was available online, from homework problems to required readings. However, I do know that the school iPads are only meant to be used in the classroom and they are not allowed outside of the building. I'm not sure about kids using their own personal devices in school, as our school district prohibits the use of cell phones during school hours, so everyone including teachers and students has to keep their phones turned off within that time frame.

Yeah Nivi...these schools are called e-techno schools. even here cell phones r not allowed inside the classroom or they have to turn it off. But coming to books, its literally a burden here, my son's school bag weighs b/w 5-7 kgs. I weighed it...He is very skinny and when he carries the bag, he leans forward. I always write in the suggestion and complaints book but nothing has been done. There is a rule that school bags shld not weigh more than 3kgs. Thank god he goes in van, but still climbing up 2 floors of stairs ...plus lunch bag, plus other things like his sport shoes, karate dress...😭😭
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SAKIV-RAM

6AM IST

🀣🀣
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: SAKIV-RAM

6AM IST

I'm liking the punctuality my friend. πŸ˜ƒ