Mythological Masti

Lakshmi-Vishnu incarnates topic 6[Narasimha-Chenchu Lakshmi]

aparupanath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
STORY OF NARASIMHA AND CHENCHU LAKSHMI

Narasimha is the most fierce avatar of Lord Vishnu.He broke Hiranyakashipu's neck like a twig and clawed his stomach ,screaming in extreme delight,all because the demon king had forbidden his son,Prahlad from worshipping Vishnu and was trying to murder him.

As Narasimha's anger crossed the limits and was causing harm to the nature,the Devas prayed to the Goddess Lakshmi ,the beloved wife of Vishnu, who in turn,prayed to Lord Shiva,to pacify the anger of her husband.

Soon ,Lord Shiva appeared and had a war with Narasimha,thus,making him realise his real-self.Both Lord Narasimha and Lakshmi then appeared before Prahlad,who sang a praise for them ,on being encouraged by Lord Brahma,for so ,doing.

But the anger of Narasimha did not disappear fully even after that,and he started  wandering in the forests.Therefore, Devi Lakshmi took the form of a tribal beauty,Chenchu Lakshmi, who made the ferocious  Narasimha to fall in love with her.Chenchu Lakshmi did tapasya to make Narasimha's anger fade-away.

Lord Narasimha soon realised ,that the beautiful lady is none other than,his own divine wife, Devi Lakshmi, so,they got married amidst of great celebrations made by the Chenchu tribe.

Lord Narasimha,the most ferocious form of Lord Vishnu,appeared handsome beside the beautiful Lakshmi,whom he made to sit upon his left thigh,and this murthy of the Lord with Lakshmi,is the most auspicious form of Lord Narasimha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Wow! That's nice! I never knew of Chenchu Laxmi! Thanks for sharing this cute story!
aparupanath thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Radhikerani

Wow! That's nice! I never knew of Chenchu Laxmi! Thanks for sharing this cute story!

😊😊oh, you are welcome Radhike.
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
anu - love the story.  👍🏼  thanks for sharing. 🤗
aparupanath thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

anu - love the story.  👍🏼  thanks for sharing. 🤗

😃oh,thank you Shobhi di.for your convenience,you can call me Appy😉
Nehageet. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Anu dear very Nice story...i hear its first time thanks for sharing  😃 👍🏼  🤗 Edited by nehageet - 8 years ago
aparupanath thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nehageet

Anu dear very Nice story...i hear its first time thanks for sharing  😃 👍🏼  🤗

😃oh you are welcome Neha dear. btw,myself Aparupa,tum sab mujhe Appy bulaa sakte ho😉😕sab mujhe Anu kyun keh rahe hai❓😛