Software Symphonies 19 "To step on" on 137 - Page 66

Posted: 8 years ago
aha just got back
nisha did u readmy comments yesterday:

Lovely update , nice conversation between amma and R&B , pavam parents worry about their kids no matter what , especially younger ones continue to be the baby of the house no matter what😳
While I was reading about the MM conversation I kept thinking ab Kya hoga to read her feeling bad ,so perfect .. His response was good bala is a good guy ,finally that's all that matters in life a good partner and any ride is worth itπŸ‘
And money and happiness are most times inversely proportional ..😭
Lovely update Nisha happy Friday !!!!!

So many times people go after free money and its commendable that II almost kills herself because she fears someone gave her money and she cant identify it or its her husband.

Loved the previous update for the MM conversation and only one line stuck for me :πŸ‘πŸ‘

II saw a shrewed, intelligent.. judicious bizman... juggling priorities, delegating tasks setting expectations
I knew this from the first day πŸ˜³πŸ€—

Hershey as I make cabbage peas subzi for lunch I realize I have to debate yet another point of yours, II is unwillingness to share her husband's wealth is considered "immaturity" by youπŸ˜†

Thats grossly wrong, in my opinion. What is maturity then? Mindlessly involving herself in her husband's family mess, and treat his house, his money and his bank accounts as hers?

Why cant she be outraged he decided to give her a "hand out"? Is it "modern and mature" only for sexual  freedoms and clothing preferences? Why cant a middle class girl refuse her husband's wealth? This question baffles me. Why do we immediately question her intellect, maturity and judgment? Its very disturbing to me.

Also Bally refers to her as a "kiddo" not because he thinks she is an idiot I am sorry, you got that impression. He refers to her as kiddo ONLY because she is around 10 years younger than he is. He does not doubt her ability to make decisions or her capacity for it.

II has deep thoughts about fairness and equality. She is unable to accept her life of wealth nonchalantly. She feels pain because her Akka is in a different boat and she is unable to do anything about it.

In a childish sorta way, she wanst to make "things" equal between the two... like sharing one glass of Bournvita when they were young and Amma ran out of milk

Why are we unable to do that as grown adults with our siblings?

With such thoughts troubling her... expecting her to smoothly dive and start swimming in waters of wealth is a unreasonable expectation

Movies and telvision shows never delve into that, what goes on in the middle class sibling's mind, can the wealthy sibling be empathetic for a change? Wealthy siblings are almost always a bitch in TV shows and movies

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Hershey

I found your post, yes I read it too, I wouldnt be so harsh on II. But feel free to be if you like I like it if readers hate the characters or their behavior instead of hating MEπŸ˜†

You cannot expect her to jump in and start spending his money, I might not be able to put it well like some of you girls do, but, because he is wealthy how you can you expect II to fawn and swoon and immediately accept everything with open arms?

That would be too artificial. Sorry!! Happens only in movies. The female lead is dirt poor the day after the marriage she is wearing enough jewelry to put Aishwarya's Kalyan Jewelers I LOVE  racism and SLAVERY ad to shame. πŸ‘

Why should she allow R&B to transfer money? Why cant II's stance be considered "modern and liberal"? Pre marital sex is not modern or liberal for Iyers, but THIS could be right? Why should we slot II within the box of what WE consider modern liberal and progressive?

WHAT is wrong for a grown educated, successful woman NOT to want her husband's money?
Does that make her LESS invested in a marriage? That is plain wrong and I totally disagree. Spending husband's money makes her appear "in love" and "faithful" and "emotionally invested"

WHY?

My problem is not with II NOT wanting R&B's money but about her keeping R&B out of her problems... II knew she was running low on funds... She KNEW R&B would kill her if he comes to know she has NO money... She knows he wouldnt object to her spending on her family, but he would deffo be angry about her irrational spendings! And MOSTLY. About her behaving stupid on saturday when R&B saw her being different in her treatment of nandu and shravu... It was a simple case of R&B asking why she wouldnt scold both equally, until then she didnt know that R&B knew about her being a broke... She could have corrected her stance... No i wasnt expecting her to scold nandu... But I expected her to somehow cajole both kids in the same fashion and not have a tiff with R&B ki dekho I'll do it... Jo karna hai kar lo!!
And then her stupid barbs!!! She knew Raman would strangle her for being soo irresponsible... But II madam toh Raman par hi chadh gayi...yes I agree R&B did wrong... Should have directly transferred the money... But he went through Ved... But II always expected this...didnt she?!? Toh why use stupid barbs... Wouldnt Appa have done a similar thing? Appa would have butchered her...so would Amma and so would Vandu! So if R& B is the next closest kin in her life ...why wouldnt he? Infact usne toh usko daanta bhi nahi...vandu,appa,amma toh pehle uske chote chote tukde karke tommy ko khilatey fir paise bhi daalte account mei..R&B ne toh ahinsaavadi banke paise Ved se dalwaye!πŸ˜†
Anyway, why I said that II was behaving like she was in live-in was... She is living like she is in a PG, kapde uske hain, khana wo kha leti hai... Badle mei she cooks...reason to stay there is R&B. I didnt say the live-in part because of not taking R&B's money... My main concern was II not discussing her life and thoughts AT ALL with R&B... There is a difference between always analyzing Vs not talking! I had this issue even when they had fought before marriage about R&B's paris plans! That time too I had said why would R&B not tell her ki he plans to return back to paris for good in next 5 months... Its not a short trip ...its a forever move...real world mei people would stop marriage plans...coz in today's world a girl's work is as important as a guy's! But even then we never had these two talk... If I were II, I would feel cheated that my partner never shared such a big plan with me because all plans after marriage affect both parties..R&B cant take the decision alone... Its another thing that R&B possibly now is himself undecided about his permanent move to Paris after his marriageπŸ˜† So now that thing is a mute point!
Am totally onboard with the point that women should not start spending hubby's money just coz they got married... Am not married but I know, when I get married I would feel awkward in spending my hubby's money... My first instinct would be to spend my money... And if I were to get in II's situation, I would tell my hubby ki dekho dude, maine aise karnaamey kar diye... I know galat kiya... You can scold but ab aagey kya karoon... Not like you should give me money but atleast advise me how to avoid future insolvancy coz what increased my expense is now going to be my future monthly expense as well... Its not 1 time expense! Its funny that its ok for her that her rel mgr knows her insolvent state but not her own husband! Not even the most practical of marriages are like that! There is a nice way to say that I dont want to spend your money, which II used when she said she doesnt want his money the day he proposed, but to have a screaming match when you know you were wrong... She could have got angry ki ved ko kyu involve kiya... Instead she did a series of blunder... Tiff in kitchen about shravu nandu was the bad part, so was the DII bhraman just coz R&B snapped... She is 28-29... Can she even imagine what would one feel losing a parent to a suicide attempt... N the cause on the surface appearing to be the other parent?!? How can you expect for things to turn all green just coz its been 4-5years... She loves the guy, does she not feel the pain he feels missing his mom?!? Specially since she knows R&B was most close to his mom and that he hasnt forgiven his dad for his mom's death?!? I know she only expected him to go ask what ofc problem was... But she knows how R&B operates... He doesnt go ask even Sam or her whats wrong with either... Why was she expecting the dude to go talk? N then he snapped, she couldnt understand his hurt in that snap? Instead it was all about her, she came to DII just to show that I am angry with you? Thankgod Vandu n Amma told her what they did... I just wonder how she handles office? Mere yaha sab below the belt vaar kar rahe hain aajkal fir bhi I go to daily😭 Its another story ki mere paas ab marne ke liye bhi chutti nahi bachi...future se borrow karke marna padega...πŸ˜† You dont just up and leave just coz you have a tiff, instead you use some other tactics to handle the situation! And II definitely needs to change her outlook towards her marriage...there is only soo much patience a person have... This is her first marriage... So is the case with R&B... Ye uski bhi pehli shaadi hai... He is adjusting to it as well... So why should it always be him ki wo manata firey?? II toh mujhe pehle jaisi hi lagti hai in most of her insecurities still!!

Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
Hershey

She is not refreshing her bank page every hour yaar when the charge was declined she wasnt anywhere near her phone

By 3 PM next afternoon, Sunday is when she sees the credit of Rs. 49, 500
There are "right" occasions and "Wrong" occasions to fight in a marriage. Some dont fight if there is infidelity, some fight if husband wears a yellow shirt. Some fight every day the first couple years, some fight every day after the 20th year of marriage. Some fight once a year... BIG ones

She feels a sense of rejection, so she was hurt when she provoked him in the kitchen on Sunday before golf. He is not expressive, she is very expressive. He has fears and so does she. Give her a chance.

She is able to be kind, caring AND EMPATHETIC. She  WILL BE about his Ma. I am deliberately steering away from crafting her like a soap bahu. Soap bahus are Ms Know it Alls. they know what their husband feels like when he is in Japan for a year.
They fix problems every before the problems occur

I could have easily written lines where II was normal and understanding on Sunday and sent them off to golf with a cheerful smile and hummed a tune as she made the "idalee ka ghol".

Just like he used Ved to do the transaction anonymously and impulsively. She chooses to sulk when she feels hurt. I would urge readers not to believe she is retarded, unable to make good decisions, and moronic like a female lead of a successful soap from a few years ago
SHE IS NOT

If THATS how she appears then I have done a terrible job of crafting her
😭
Originally posted by Ashu25

Thank you Pritee
Hello Prati

Shilpa papam me pillalu

Ayyo Ashu, eeam cheptha vu, today they emotionally blackmailed, I was just enjoying here commenting and wanted to write something abt RCB in reply to Vikas, they both ganged up and started saying, mom doesn'tcare we are so hungry and have been waiting from so long,come ya we will just go sleep, what to do? for her, her laptop is important...and so on, such meanies, they had eaten something earlier in my parents house, but too they did this...

sorry woke up in the middle of sleep, remembered i hadn't read the update, so doing this in half awake mode,

I feel like stangling chachu...dude not letting go of wifey's hand,πŸ˜³πŸ˜†why should he bear the C torture alone, II's ear perking up, heard abt returning to Paris...willshe remember and ask him abt it

Ranjan and R&B speaking face to face...very good...lil steps being taken?

Ayyo I dont even know what I am typing...

will wake up and see in the morning,time to catch some more Zzz's

Hershey

I found your post, yes I read it too, I wouldnt be so harsh on II. But feel free to be if you like I like it if readers hate the characters or their behavior instead of hating MEπŸ˜†

You cannot expect her to jump in and start spending his money, I might not be able to put it well like some of you girls do, but, because he is wealthy how you can you expect II to fawn and swoon and immediately accept everything with open arms?

That would be too artificial. Sorry!! Happens only in movies. The female lead is dirt poor the day after the marriage she is wearing enough jewelry to put Aishwarya's Kalyan Jewelers I LOVE  racism and SLAVERY ad to shame. πŸ‘

Why should she allow R&B to transfer money? Why cant II's stance be considered "modern and liberal"? Pre marital sex is not modern or liberal for Iyers, but THIS could be right? Why should we slot II within the box of what WE consider modern liberal and progressive?

WHAT is wrong for a grown educated, successful woman NOT to want her husband's money?
Does that make her LESS invested in a marriage? That is plain wrong and I totally disagree. Spending husband's money makes her appear "in love" and "faithful" and "emotionally invested"

WHY?

Tumko hate kyu karungi? Wo bhi ek fiction ke liye?!? Am not II... No big eyes no R&B n no Sosy life ki tumse maar karu n miss this amazing story.. I know mujhe tumhari female lead ki kuch harkatein gadbad lag rahi hain... But mujhe R&B ki bhi kuch harkatein gadbad lagi thi! Am back to supporting him now... Toh I think I'll patch up with II as well...AGM coming... Dekhte hain Ranjan lives it or not!!πŸ˜†

To your point, I think I made a jumbo comment about some 10-15 updates... N I gave a summary of my final emotions n didnt bring each point so clearly in my first comment this afternoon, so maybe you think that I am having a problem with II just coz she refuses R&B's money... Instead my issue is with her not thinking Bhalla n Batra their very own... Usko ladayi karni hai, toh DII jana hai...haq se daantnahai toh bas shravu ko daantna hai... R&B ko pipe karna hai ki kar lo jo karoge I wont execise my rights on your kin! N then below the belt barbs ki ab middle class iyer pasand nahi... Matlab kya chahti hai ye bandi?!?
This post seems so random and completely out of place amidst the ongoing discussion. But I seriously need help here!
Punjabi kadhi mein tamatar dalte hain ya nahi? πŸ˜•
I have always seen my mom make it without tomatoes, but I ran a quick Google search to get actual measurements for the ingredients and a few recipes called for tomatoes, which left me extremely confused. And now two flatmates are also saying that I should put tomatoes, but I have personally always eaten kadhi sans tomatoes.

Koi mere duvidha solve kar do please...tamatar daaloon ya nahi? πŸ˜•

Hershey

She is not refreshing her bank page every hour yaar when the charge was declined she wasnt anywhere near her phone

By 3 PM next afternoon, Sunday is when she sees the credit of Rs. 49, 500
There are "right" occasions and "Wrong" occasions to fight in a marriage. Some dont fight if there is infidelity, some fight if husband wears a yellow shirt. Some fight every day the first couple years, some fight every day after the 20th year of marriage. Some fight once a year... BIG ones

She feels a sense of rejection, so she was hurt when she provoked him in the kitchen on Sunday before golf. He is not expressive, she is very expressive. He has fears and so does she. Give her a chance.

She is able to be kind, caring AND EMPATHETIC. She  WILL BE about his Ma. I am deliberately steering away from crafting her like a soap bahu. Soap bahus are Ms Know it Alls. they know what their husband feels like when he is in Japan for a year.
They fix problems every before the problems occur

I could have easily written lines where II was normal and understanding on Sunday and sent them off to golf with a cheerful smile and hummed a tune as she made the "idalee ka ghol".

Just like he used Ved to do the transaction anonymously and impulsively. She chooses to sulk when she feels hurt. I would urge readers not to believe she is retarded, unable to make good decisions, and moronic like a female lead of a successful soap from a few years ago
SHE IS NOT

If THATS how she appears then I have done a terrible job of crafting her
😭
Instead you have crafted II like a few I know... People who are posterkids of everything golden n successful...who when they start messing up cant take that criticism n throw tantrums... Dil ke bahut achche.. But bahut ziddi bhi... Unko lagey wo best kar rahe hain... But ga lat hua toh they want to not be told about it! N agar bol diya... Toh ya toh darwaza band, ya up n leaveπŸ˜†
You have crafted an endearing character, who is like a few girls I know very closely...they are caring, giving,super intelligent, parents n neighbors ki rajdulari, teacher ki pet but very very bewakoof... I dont endorse tears mostly... N ye wali junta aansu pe operate karti hai!πŸ˜†
Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by nividances

This post seems so random and completely out of place amidst the ongoing discussion. But I seriously need help here!
Punjabi kadhi mein tamatar dalte hain ya nahi? πŸ˜•
I have always seen my mom make it without tomatoes, but I ran a quick Google search to get actual measurements for the ingredients and a few recipes called for tomatoes, which left me extremely confused. And now two flatmates are also saying that I should put tomatoes, but I have personally always eaten kadhi sans tomatoes.

Koi mere duvidha solve kar do please...tamatar daaloon ya nahi? πŸ˜•
I dont add tomatoes..dahi n tamatar...ajeeb nahi lagega?!?!