Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

good luck Nivi !!!!! u will rock...one thing i tell u the amount of subject knowledge that you gain in this one night u wouldnt have in the entire semester.. all will be fine..πŸ˜†
I am the queen of procrastination!!!
I will chant saraswathi namasthubhyam for you now :-)

Right now i am done making the aata for palak paratha , the entire family is out taking the kids to piano class so for me its like the lull before the storm πŸ˜ƒ

Palak paratha with Amul butter yum yum πŸ‘ I am just making daal ( ma+ channa)  and chawal today no subzi or salad.

shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: nividances

I have an exam tomorrow so I'm cramming Anu. πŸ˜­ Way too much procrastination happened yesterday. πŸ˜”

All the best for your exams Nivi, dont worry, u will ace it!!!!πŸ‘β­οΈ

Love the poems u write, has so much depth in it, u have amazing talent dear...keep writing.😊
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

A little to busy this week class parent, volunteer work and  kids classes. Spring is in the air, kids are learning to bike ...so I am busy chasing themπŸ˜•. I feel like going back to work...if this on slaught continues. Actually one of my frd and a neighbor has just gone back to office and she has out sourced everything. And here I am working my ass off. Just feeling tired, hence the ranting. πŸ˜­. Will feel better after reading an update πŸ˜‰.  

Looking forward to WW 3. Let's see how it unfolds. Nisha as usual will make it interesting and will us with a cliffhanger.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

aaw u know Shev grass is greener ... i miss not having spent enough time you know ..i wish i had not worked when they are not in full time school ..
Trust me this is a fun age and u are so going to miss , every phase is good but all of a sudden when ur middle school er is 4 inches taller than you it hits you :( they grow so fast ..
humara spring agaya :-)
yes me too looking forward to WW3 and whatever Nisha decides to do .. i just want a smiling Ranjan /Minion at the end of it...😳
my house is quite chalo be back  let me go and get the table set ..see u soon
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

I have an exam tomorrow so I'm cramming Anu. πŸ˜­ Way too much procrastination happened yesterday. πŸ˜”

Bonne Chance pour le exam! You will rock it for sure.πŸ‘πŸΌ
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: srividyamouli

SoSy 19 Congrats...let the choral symphony of the Bhallas, Iyers, Batras go on forever...their star performers lasya without her words and her motor mouth Maami...the caring Bally to the ridiculous Customer reation executive at Citibank...Minin's discerning smile to Chachu's pretense...the longing of R& B and II...the attention Peanut and Animal planet get...the flavours of the cuisine...the fragrances of the flowers, the textures of facial hair the curls in the locks...the colours of the clothes...the moods of streets...the hopes of Sam and Vandhu the affection of Paati and Dad the sanity of Amma & Bally the similarity between Appa and Bala the financial mess of II the Acumen of the Angel investor...the clutter and crosswords...the array of remotes and bindis...the details of 5 homes described...Each reveal the author's discerning eye for details and every twitch of the characters so carefully crafted...you are an Amazing author NISHA...i thank the stars for stumbling on So SY

WoW, beautifully written Srividya,πŸ‘

For me SoSy is my solace, got up @3:30 am unable to sleep, so i am reading the old chapters, have become so addicted to SoSy that i have to read it daily.

Thank you so much Nisha for starting this wonderful tale. May it never end...
Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
THANKS SO VERY MUCH YOU GUYS
No worries EnVee, atleast you did something productive, all I do is write
VIKAS NOT A PROBLEM. Tum mere liye FAVOR kar rahe ho, you dont owe me anything. I  do  TERRIBLE job of maintaining it so your help is priceless

You are the guiding light otherwise the chapters would be buried some place

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR KEEPING ME GOING.
I look forward to writing the chapters AS EAGERLY as I did back in Dec 2014.

I read comments with the same enthusiasm and fervor

Abhinaiscool THANKS Sorry for not ack your comment

Thanks to EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU

Srividya LOVELY tribute. Not sure I deserve it but will take it

ASHU NO WORRIES. I do a terrible job so tum logon ko help karne ke liye I thoughts its better if he posts after me🀣

Have only read page 6 and read page 1 this morning

So apologize to all those I missed in between gotta go read it now

THANKS VERY MUCH AGAIN

Nisha0604 thumbnail
DLF Riverside

She paged a teller, a guy showed, "What is it about"

"Hey can u please bring the dox for a deposit made to 4321-5678-XXX"

"One month?"

"sure" she said
It came in a few... the deposit slip  was hand written, and had the name Ved Sareen on it
THAT WAS IT!!

"this has NOTHING" II was distressed

"Well we are not obliged to collect anything more on a less than Rs.50 k deposit"

"So the person knew what he was doing?" she asked terrified

""Looks like it?"

"U think its hawala of some sort?" II asked panicking

She was almost in tears, her face was completely red, sweat beads all over, her eyes filling up

"Well hawala is usually  a cash transfer between clients and agents" the relationship manager paused looking deeply

"U know me, the only inflows to my account are wages, stock comp & bonuses from work and and occasional gift from parents, and then ofcourse my DMAT" she began to cry

"Hey Ishita dont cry" the relationship manager got up and walked around, she asked her to get up and walk over to a couch, she closed the blinds

"WHO IS THIS GUY?" "I NEVER loaned any body money"

"Its paying your bills right now"

"Its a crime taking some one else's money" she ranted

She didnt know who to approach for a loan, her credit cards had pending balances so none would offer a cash advance, how could she get out of spending a stranger's money?"

"can u debit my account and zero it out?'

"One we cant coz he had the Account number listed accurately AND signed in PERSON
Two, your account would go into a debit balance, you never took over draft protection so, we will have to charge you 17.5% for every rupee you spend over limit"

"Good grief" II cried softly

"Umm do u mind if I ask u something?" she asked

"Sure" II mumbled

"U married into one of the wealthiest families in town I cant personally believe you are in such a situation" very softly

"Its personal" II mumbled inaudibly

MY HUSBAND WILL KILL ME
AYYO!!!
HOW WILL I TELL HIM?
HE WILL LITERALLY PUSH ME OFF the Spectrum 20th

She wanted a hug right now...

"Can I get a statement? "the last 6 months?" she asked

"Sure hang on" she went and grabbed it

II scanned it patiently  "I am a CPA and was going to go into Wealth Management for a bank" she cried

"It happens to the best of us Ishita, was there an illness? What happened? I havent looked too much"

"I bought my parents a car, over extended myself with a loan on it and the down payment, I also have my Toyota Loan with HSBC" Ii explained

" Can we sit down sometime and talk about how to do this right?" she offered kindly

"If I survive this at home" she blurted

"Ur husband doesnt know? oh yes... he doesnt... its not a joint account... umm... Ishita...I cant debit that deposit, when is your paycheck due"

"Friday May 8th"

"Ouch" she said

"What else is set on auto pay? can u tell me please?" she asked

The rel mgr brought out her ipad and sat down, offered her the chai that was just delivered

"Umm... ur car instalment... and looks like the payment to Guardian Angels Nursing Care is hand written"

"U really cant take it off my account"

"I AM SORRY Ishita I CANT... if it was an employee error, we would be thrilled to, we would even give you a Rs.100 Starnbucks Gift Card for diligently keeping an eye on your Account, this is a deliberate deposit IN CASH"

"Dont you take phone numbers?" II demanded

"Its not 10 lakhs or 5 lakhs or 1 crore, Income Tax would be on our tail then" we would even
take shoe and underwear size, u know Raghuram Rajan (RBI Gov) is extremely unforgiving"

II nodded

"Dont worry... IF we hear from some one about a similar sounding account number or name with one digit off, if they happen to
apologize for the error we will immediately debit it, but then we will start charging you 17.5% on every dime we pay out. Do u want to use this opp to sign up for a over draft protection? Looks like you might need it"

She was trying to be polite and honest

"Hmmm" she nodded... leaning back

She imagined him walking through the door picking her up walking away to throw her off Spectrum

The Mgr brought papers over she signed a stack of them

"I have FDs..  can I encash one of them?" she asked

"It would take 48 hours for the amount to be credited, your FDs dont mature for another 9.7 years, u renewed them for 10 years in September if u recall"

"Ya the interest rate on 10 year was better"

"Ishita LET IT BE"

"Its stealing, what if the guy accuses me of writing checks and spending his money"

"HE WONT KNOW. We dont share details of who the account holder is how solvent the account is etc" the woman patted her shoulder

"I better go, I have a 2 O Clock"

"Sorry, dont worry"

"Can u kick start the OD please?"

"Sure"

"Thanks"

"Can I send u a text apptt Ishita? we need to talk" smiling somberly

"Maybe after this this is over?" she said "Ummm could I go to prison for this?"

"OH NO!! NO... Its not like you initiated this transaction, legally you are protected Ishita. If any its the guy's fault for incorrectly
writing the Account number on the deposit slip, my tellers didnt commit any errors either"

She smiled...

VED SAREEN VED SAREEN, VED SAREEN, VED SAREEN... she conducted a Google search as she walked, almost got ran over by a school bus
Wandered aimlessly for a half hour in the scorching heat missing her meeting with Ashwini. Ashwini texted her couple times "Are we on?"

"where are u?"

"Late lunch?"

She even called... II didnt answer... her head began to hurt real bad...
she got herself a bottle of cold water and exacerbated the pain by rinsing her face...
Returned to work with a splitting headache, continued searching.. there werent 100s less than 5 actually

She decided to call ALL of them

She didnt know if it was fake or real name, if the guy was in INdia or overseas... NOTHING

She looked up, one... two... three... the "Peoplefinder" search engines took her for a spin and didnt do any good

The 4th, Sareen & Shukla it said

SHE FOUND A WEBSITE A CLEAN... WELL BUILT ONE... GLOSSY

She hit the hyperlink under the name.

"Law Offices of Sareen & Shukla" "How may I help you?" a woman fluent in English answered

"Umm... I am looking for a Ved Sareen" she said haltingly

"Oh ya, he is one of the partners on the name?  U cant speak without an appointment I am sorry, they charge by the hour, can I connect you with a Legal clerk or a Paralegal if u tell me what branch of law u need advice on, making a will, divorce or personal injury?

"Ummm I need to speak with Mr Sareen" she said

"I just told u Maam, he  charges by the minute" she was beginning to be blunt and arrogant

"I dont mind" she mumbled😭 I AM BLOODY BROKE BUT I DONT MIND

"Hes not in right now, someone would have first look at the case, in the org chain and determine if S&S is even going to be able to assist THEN Mr Sareen comes into the picture"

"CAN I JUST TALK TO HIM FOR A SECOND?"😭

"Ummm sorry no" she said coolly

"Please?" II cried😭

"I wish I could help" she said

"where are u located?" II asked

"DLF Riverside in Sector 40 Gurgaon" the operator/receptionist hung up😑

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Poor II she tried repaying Rs 5 and ended up taking the greatest chance of her life...Ved Sarin is going to haunt her  forever,,,her relentless search  for doing the 'RIGHT'thing again a value deeply embedded into the TAMBRAM (almost always middle class) psyche...so poignantly brought out...Amazing update Nisha await the next update a few hours hence...I dont consume a wakeup beverage but
Software Symphony is my MORNING RAGA...In II's terms MY PAATU CLASS every morning with the MS Subbalakshmi of writing on IF so gracefully rendering a tune close to all our hearts:) Relished today's morning raga  what tatha would say with a Besh Besh⭐️
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Thanks SO MUCH Srividya

Well said... II would die than take her own husband's money, here she is spending a stranger's for three days now with NO CLUE

Thats got to kill her for sure
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Nisha. First of all many many congratulations on the 19th. The 18th indeed was the precursor to many many adult themes...financial difficulty being one. Superbly written  and handled and of course it's action in progress. Fantastic how  each nuance of II and Rb's life has been sketched out so well. 

The build up is just giving me the jitters.of course as everyone else, I am waiting for a big showdown...let's see what happens. Felt a little bad about II, poor thing is so disturbed about this transaction. Will ved  sareen spill the beans..and once she knows it's Rb's karistaani will she roar like a sherni or will she run away again...but where will she go this time...DII ke darwaaze band hain after jhagra..OOh la la! 

Aur yeh Bachche yeh ghar kyun  nahin jaa rahe.. Mama Maami, Chithi, chithappa have to fight. 

Send them home! send them home! 

I worry for poor Ranjan, he's already sensing kuchch theek nahin hai.

Waiting for the next NISHA...like really BADLY!