Software Symphonies 18 Democracy & Heels on 150 - Page 93

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Aarti.1

Hello Nisha,
This is Aarti. I created my IF account to comment on a story on another forum that was written by an amazingly talented gal who happens to be one of the readers of your story as well (can I get an approving nod for Nivi aka nividances? Sorry Nivi, I know you wanted to remain anonymous but I couldn't not give you credit here for introducing me to this gem). I became very good friends with her through IF and she recommended your story to me towards the end of February. I started reading and scrambled to catch up to your updates in real-time, pulling a few all-nighters and also ignoring hubs under the pretext of work deadlines (to his dismay) to do so. I have been following religiously in real-time since March, though I have been stingy with logging into IF and posting comments or even hitting the like button (I apologize for that). As an editor at a publishing firm that I would like to keep unnamed for security reasons, I must say that I'm quite impressed with your ability to consistently churn out both quality and quantity day in and day out. I noticed in earlier threads that you have mentioned your interest in getting published. My company does not work with this specific genre, but I can most definitely get you in touch with friends who would be more than happy to work with you on that front. A big round of applause for you madam because you have serious talent that needs to just be groomed a little in order to churn out bestseller upon bestseller.

Best,
Aarti
Aarti,
Yes...she's awesome.
From my perspective, she's already there. Her writing has not only captured our senses and our hearts, but also has restored my faith in fiction!
SHE IS SIMPLY THE BEST!😊
Originally posted by nividances

I don't find II to be wrong here. She married into a house where the only two other people who live under the same roof as her treat each other just cordially, essentially as acquaintances and nothing more. She doesn't know everything about what transpired between them, or even the entirety of the complex relationship that exists between them and Harish & Sons. 

II is trying to navigate through her new life and relationships using the bits and pieces of information she has been exposed to thus far, which, if you think about it, is not a lot at all. It is like knowing the general direction in which you have to travel and knowing the names of a few scattered side streets, but not at all knowing the address of the place you have to reach, how far you have to travel, or how many turns you have to make. It's like driving at night, where your headlights are only able to illuminate the road a few feet in front of you and you have no idea of what lies even half a mile ahead. So basically, you have to trudge along through the journey, make a few wrong turns, take a couple of U-turns, and try your best to not get completely lost along the way.

Lady take a bow. You don't know how much I have missed your writing! You discontinued your story (for justified reasons of course) but I would rather you have continued and posted even just a chapter a month if that is all you could manage. I have already sent you a barrage of PMs and texts about this, but please do reconsider your decision of discontinuing that FF and post as frequently or infrequently as you can and/or want. 

I apologize for posting a comment that's unrelated to Software Symphonies Nisha, but this girl has left me so frustrated with her decision of discontinuing her story. I am posting a link below to a few of the gems that she has composed. Do take a look and tell me that she shouldn't continue to write. Not even for the story's plot, but for the sheer brilliance that she displays when stringing words together seamlessly.

Indifference & Insolvent

Friday May 1st, after work she picked up Shravu first, when Mahavir was delivering dinner, Shravu was in Munirka, though Akka was at D II
By the time to went by to Sam's it was  after 6, she had left Dilshad Garden on a happy note,
things were going well and if they kept the same pace they might even be done by next week at both places.
She wondered why they didnt think of the stripped down version sooner...
she had met Bally once during the week, with Bhavna's official notice she hoped to see him next week at Spectrum as she kickstarted the req process

But that was NEXT WEEK... for NOW... it was just FUNN...
Mahavir had made roti, paneer, mixed dal, raita, jeera rice and gulabjamun
Paatti was home Athim hadnt returned, a lil startled upon seeing Mahavir luckily
she walked in moments later so was able to put everything where it belonged in Akka's kitchen

Lasya was dressed in navy jeans distressed shorts and a hot pink lace halter neck blouse, tucked in

She WORE HAND CRAFTED pink anklet ON ONE FOOT sparkly and broad... she was barefeet since it was burning hot summer

She wore a pair of new gold karas in her fat wrists...

"Do u like em?" she chuckled

"OH MY SWEET GOD! CHO CHO CHO CHWEET" II pressed the fat cheek on hers, as the lil angel cooed and drooled on her "shes teething, tumhe nehla degi"

"II walked to the lounge bathroom on the ground floor and opened inadvertently

A lady walked out, in her late 60s... in a jeans and a tee

"Oh! sorry" maine dekha nahi" II muttered

She smiled "Koi gal nahi" she said and began to gaze at her curiously

"Mom yeh Ishita hai"

"Raman di voti?" the lady asked

Sam smiled

The woman smiled and said "Madrasan hai?"

"Jee, Iyer" Sam said smugly

II handed Lasya to Sam and washed her hands and took the baby back and felt her gum... "OMG" hain hain hain, kitne BADEY"
EXACTLY AT THAT moment Lasya went CRUNCH! with a top tooth

"Ayyo" II jumped yelping

"Gudiya sambhalke puttar" the lady said

"Mom shes fine"

The lady didnt think so "Aaja Dadi paas"

"Namaste aunty sorry main bhool gayi" Ii said cheerfully

The woman smiled but didnt reject her apology warmly

"Aap log kab aaye?"

"Tuesday ko raat ko. Meri dono betiya States mein hain" the woman said

"Mom isne waha Grad School kiya hai" Sam voiced her support

The woman just nodded

II wandered smiling pressing her cheek  on the fat ones... humming in Tamil softly

"Ur Uncle R will ambush u"  "I wont give you seriya? Enn kitteye iru kanna" II cooed

She held II's jhumkas and yanked... "ayyyo innikki enna pichu pichu erinjidu,
onnoda Uncle R will be very happy he gets u all to himself (u are chopping me off piece by piece first a digit on my finger, now my lobe)

She sucked on II's chin

Sam: Khana khakar jaogi na?

II: nahi... we are either eating out or odering in... NO GHAR KA KHAANA for us. U my love! can have all mummy ka khaana

Sam:I fed her at 6:30 ish, so she shud be OK until 9, mujhe call karo

II: KYON? Taaqi aap aakar le jao? Bilkul nahi

Tan's Mom: Nahi puttar bachi abhi chhoti hai raat ko nahi ruk paayegi

Ii was devastated

Sam squirmed "Mom... meri Tan se baat ho chuki hai"

Tan's Mom: BETAAA, she is young, isko bachon ki kya khabar?

II:Jo abhi oopar bhaaga na, woh mera nephew hai, Nandu ka best friend hai,

Tan's Mom: nandu ne mujhe bahut naam ginaaye kaun sa hai aapka? (I really dont care)

II:Shravu, meri Akka, matlab meri Didi Munirka rehti hai, so I have a lot of experience

sam: Mom she will be OK, aap log relax karo, Tan ke saath koi movie dekh aao
II:YOU come over no? (whispering)

Tan's Mom: Tan, Panchsheel lekar jaayega na? (to his cousin's)

Sam:Oh right... sorry main nahi Ishita

II:Give me her bag I will go before u change your mind

Sam walked a few steps with her "Nanny bhi bhej rahi hoon tumhaare saath, uske paas so jaati hai" Sam whispered

II:She doesnt like me (sad)

Sam:DONT BE SILLY

Sam lied...

Tan's Mom caught up"Bache oopar shor kar rahe hain Dad so rahe hain beta mana karo jao"

Sam nodded "Jaana mat I will be right back"

II squirmed sitting down, teaching the fat creature how to clap, one clap sent her smiling

Tan's Mom: Aap Ranjan ji ke daftar mein kaam karte ho?

II:No Aunty, at KMPG, Software mein...

Tan's Mom:Us wagairah jaana hota hai kabhi?

II: Umm nahi... shaayad pehle, but Raman Paris jaate hain... Paris jaayenge bus kaam ke liye

Tan's Mom: Raman samjta hai Madrasi?

II: Ummm... haan samajhte hain but bolte nahi

Tan's Mom nodded looking at her censuringly  "woh baat yeh hai, yeh abhi chhoti hai, reh nahi paayegi.."

"Main le aaoongi raat ko agar royi to" almost in tears

"Itni chhoti bachi kaise rahegi raat ko puttar" insisting, and adamant

"Umm... Akka mera matlab meri Didi ke jab Shravu hua maine full usko sambhala"

"Kidhar rehte hain parents?" she asked curiously

"sector 12 Aunty"

"Woh DDA mera matlab RK Puram. Papa gobvernment mein hain?" very shocked

"Finance Ministry" II nodded

She leaned back wearily wondering how her daughter in law's brother even picked such a "simple" girl... from a different world

"shaadi mein to hum aa nahi paaye, meri daughter ne move kiya Wisconsin" she said

"We missed you"
She smiled half heartedly nodding

Sam returned with the nanny and the boys

II got up immediately, "main jaaoon?"

"CHAI la raha hai" Sam said

"Nahi I am going, bag kaha hai?"

Nany showed her

the boys raced to the car

"Kaise jaogey beta?"

"Oh nahi aunty Dad ki car hai" II said

"Oh!" (OF COURSE!) her face took on that expression

"Tumhari Corolla kidhar hai" Sam asked bitingly a little louder

II smiled weakly almost thanking her  "I left it at D II"

"Ishita" Sam said and hugged

"I am OK" II said warmly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when she got home the boys raced to the media room on the 1st floor the Ferrari was parked upfront... she went up to the second floor and sttod by the curtains in the balcony

"Package for u sir" she said softly

He looked up from his book, stopping his twirling and smiled fully

"Peanut?" THE LIL TYKE FLEW FROM HER ARMS TO HIS, LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY
"Paavi" Ii muttered, fondly watching her husband sway her on the swing, as the lil fist felt the stubble

"she likes it" he winked
"try kissing her" she goaded

He kissed her cheek

She burst out crying... "THAT was ur Mami's idea" he snitched into the lil pink ear
Soothing her... rubbing her sore cheeks

"I am ordering take out... what do u want?" she asked

He reached offering his hand "NO DA... the kids are hungry" she admonsihed AS SHE WENT TO SIT DOWN BY HIM
He turned and kissed her fully on the lips... crushing the baby

She grabbed the baby kissing him back... "i tasted some mint raita Mahavir brought for Athim" she chuckled moaning on his lips

"Good" he muttered his hand going  between her kurta vee, the baby shook in sudden excitement as she watched a bird fly by

II moved away "No da" she ordered
He held the baby
"Sam's in laws are here" she said softly looking far away

"Tan texted me"

"she doesnt like me" II said with disbelief. HUGELY HURT

"she told u that?" he teased trying to lighten the mood

"Tum poochho tumhe zaroor bata dengi" she said softly... looking at her hands...
He held her hand firmly... "U are OK"

"Do tell HER that" II mocked, "coz she wanted someone superlative for you" II was grumpy

"U know what I meant"

She leaned on him... "Just OK?"

"Not in bed tho" he corrected

"bas***d" she kicked him
He smiled a half smile, as the baby cooed

She picked up her phone and ordered food from two places... both in Vasant Vihar
Tacos from El Cazador
Pizza from Pizza Hut
He suggested toppings for Ranjan and him, and taco stuffings
She paid with her credit card in the phone case/holder pouch

"I forgot to show the nanny her room" main abhi aati hoon" she muttered "i will also bring her binky
(pacifier) and teething toy as the fat blob began to moan grinding her gums"

she walked down...

Her phone rang 10 minutes after she was gone... "Pizza Hut" it said

He let it ring at first...
They called again

He answered

"May I speak Ms Iyer?"

"this is her husband" he said

"Maam gave me a card, it didnt go through can I have another one please?"

"Ummm oh? why?" he asked softly

"Denied" it says the employee said

HE WAS INSANELY MAD

He went in and got a card from his wallet and finished the transaction

He got up and paced the balcony, soothing the whimpering baby...

The phone rang again

It was El Cazador with the same story... he paid... the reason was "Insufficient Funds"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Nisha, 
sorry to point out yaar, but May 1st is a holiday right (May Day, Labourers Day), 

didn't read still, jst that it came to my brain and 1st may is my daughters birthday.
Originally posted by Aarti.1

Hello Nisha,
This is Aarti. I created my IF account to comment on a story on another forum that was written by an amazingly talented gal who happens to be one of the readers of your story as well (can I get an approving nod for Nivi aka nividances? Sorry Nivi, I know you wanted to remain anonymous but I couldn't not give you credit here for introducing me to this gem). I became very good friends with her through IF and she recommended your story to me towards the end of February. I started reading and scrambled to catch up to your updates in real-time, pulling a few all-nighters and also ignoring hubs under the pretext of work deadlines (to his dismay) to do so. I have been following religiously in real-time since March, though I have been stingy with logging into IF and posting comments or even hitting the like button (I apologize for that). As an editor at a publishing firm that I would like to keep unnamed for security reasons, I must say that I'm quite impressed with your ability to consistently churn out both quality and quantity day in and day out. I noticed in earlier threads that you have mentioned your interest in getting published. My company does not work with this specific genre, but I can most definitely get you in touch with friends who would be more than happy to work with you on that front. A big round of applause for you madam because you have serious talent that needs to just be groomed a little in order to churn out bestseller upon bestseller.

Best,
Aarti

OMG!!!! ARE U SERIOUS? If you are, then I AM THRILLED. Thanks so very much😳
I havent done a thing about publishing so I might be willing to start that conversation.
ALL i do is write I dont even update the index, I am so terrible

Vikas does that.. Thanks for reading and enjoying, I truly appreciate it

Originally posted by shidin0117

Hey Nisha, 
sorry to point out yaar, but May 1st is a holiday right (May Day, Labourers Day), 

didn't read still, jst that it came to my brain and 1st may is my daughters birthday.

Even for private employers?

I worked for a dumpy company in delhi they were open, unless laws have changed
Great.
Tomorrow we are going to have a field day about "finances"...Is he going to give her a new add on card ??? Will he use ranjan ? 

He is going to give her card..She is going to deny...then he will goad her by asking for paris shopping money...I feel for II...the new car, laptop -- all creating a big hole in her account...
Originally posted by Nisha0604

OMG!!!! ARE U SERIOUS? If you are, then I AM THRILLED. Thanks so very much😳
I havent done a thing about publishing so I might be willing to start that conversation.
ALL i do is write I dont even update the index, I am so terrible

Vikas does that.. Thanks for reading and enjoying, I truly appreciate it

Yes, of course. Get in touch with me whenever you think you're ready to start that process.
Hey Nish
By any chance do we get one more today ?
Nivi I meant what I said about the analogy, I am not constantly "searching" for "deep meaning" from life. School of hard knocks just interprets them for me

I found your lines to be so profound

Arti, I ABSOLUTELY will go read Nivi's creations, I dont doubt one bit she is not good, she speaks with clarity and presents her thoughts beautifully. I am deeply impressed.

Shilpa reminds me that May 1st is a day off, but we will have her work any way since Excelsior is "open".