Software Symphonies 18 Democracy & Heels on 150 - Page 71

Posted: 8 years ago
Lovely updates...the exchanges between Vandhu and II and Amma and II imparting life's wisdom learnt by living...each trying to deal with problems  varying with time and folks involved to the commonality of it...i would definitely have suggested my daughter (i dont have one) to read...
What i love is the way each of your characters be it R& B Sam, Tan Ranjan , Amma, Shravu  Vandhu and even Lil Lasya each seems to further the relationship and deepen II's understanding...
As a teenager i used to read a tamil story in Ananda Vikatan spanning many generations aptly titled Paalangal or bridges...the generation divide...today each of the characters so steeped in their values and beliefs each varying in their style...it makes So SY a lesson in life to savour ...Thank you Nisha for the great variety you offer us your readers...
Life lessons coming to II fast and furious fom everywhere..an interesting phase of life as a woman transitions from being a girl to being a woman of the house. 
I think lessons learnt at this stage go a long way in nurturing your family when you decide to have one. 
With no Savvy in the house, I guess II only has AMMA and of course Akka to guide her. The bhallas are a broken lot so II actually in a unique position to slowly mould them of course keeping in mind their ways...
very poignant. I feel that RB and Ranjan has already kind of started looking towards II for comfort ...very different kinds of comfort levels for both of them but they want that house to look, feel and smell like a home. 

Thanks Nisha...
"I like them to break promises
about maayka visits, promise to
stay but leave in two hours,
promise to come but not show
up. promise to call and not call
kanna"

ihavent even woke up completely..reading with partially opened eyes...but should say...these lines were absolutely right...i have seen the same thing in my family...mothers do miss their daughters.my mom too says what she will do when me and my sis get married...but i am damn sure that my mom will do the same as II's mom and will say the same...hats off to you to make this sosy feel as real as life...
bhallas took the best choice..whatever flaws II has DII knows how to correct those...each of her visits to DII is making her bond with MM stronger...
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Brilliant catch I completely forgot. Appa is TOTALLY like Bala so maybe thats why he loves Bala

Appa went as far as NOT wanting a second one because he had to care for Periappa. Even though Amma was also a working woman, atleast Bala is willing to try for a second one
Husband frequently go overboard for their families.
When wives do they are labelled "bad bahus who only cares about maayka"
Thanks for pointing out something I clearly missed

Totally totally agree about appa and Bala. I felt that too when appa and Bala bonded in the hospital and Appa refused to talk for Vandu's break. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by ishruhi

bhallas took the best choice..whatever flaws II has DII knows how to correct those...each of her visits to DII is making her bond with MM stronger...

What a lovely line
SO TRUE
Every visit makes her realize where she errs, she has never paid any attention to what Akka went through in her initial years, she was in LSR doing BCom then went off to IIM then doing CPA on the side... she never really sat down and observed and listened to Akka's joint family woes

She loved and adored Shravu but stayed disconnected from everything else

she is a topper in everything except relationships

DII will be a learning ground, u are right

They are all good people... with occasional shades of grey...

Originally posted by srividyamouli

Lovely updates...the exchanges between Vandhu and II and Amma and II imparting life's wisdom learnt by living...each trying to deal with problems  varying with time and folks involved to the commonality of it...i would definitely have suggested my daughter (i dont have one) to read...
What i love is the way each of your characters be it R& B Sam, Tan Ranjan , Amma, Shravu  Vandhu and even Lil Lasya each seems to further the relationship and deepen II's understanding...
As a teenager i used to read a tamil story in Ananda Vikatan spanning many generations aptly titled Paalangal or bridges...the generation divide...today each of the characters so steeped in their values and beliefs each varying in their style...it makes So SY a lesson in life to savour ...Thank you Nisha for the great variety you offer us your readers...

What a tremendous compliment Srividya I am absolutely honored, I have not read Paalangal, my Amma has I bet, she has a tendency to gush and talk about stories that touch her deeply, maybe that rubbed off on me and translated into my story telling skills.Amma's narrative about her own growing up years were a mesmerizing account of life in a small town in Tamil Nadu, many summer afternoons were spent listening to them. From her description of school uniform to her description of kaal aana and oru aana(quarter and one cent), Malaikottai uchi pillayar (Rockfort temple) and Tamil cinema in keethu kottai (palm frond shack) visits to Sreerangam for Vaikuntha Ekadashi.. it was a breathtakingly beautiful journey  traversing decades and a town measly 10? 20? square miles in area๐Ÿ‘

We have listened to the same things a million times "amma ada tiruppi sollu ma" "amma why dont u repeat for us how you went to your Chandru Anna's (Mama to us) wedding"

She is the greatest story teller I have known

I am happy to bring a piece of her for you...

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
i know this sounds insatiable.but we will get another one around 10 IST?you had once offered a lasya part...sorry to be this much irritating.but your story makes us so ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Finally here lovely lovely * infinity these DIi updates are ๐Ÿ‘
Iโค๏ธvandu and amma in these updates you have really brought out the true strength of middle class wives . I was misty eyed ,every single line I could connect so perfect..
And II is growing up now this is such a lovely depiction honestly I was clueless too only after some years I truly realized how much my mom did ..Or how my aunt lived so happily in that 3 room apartment in Mumbai 

And nisha my mom is from trichy Svs + src college ,from my grand moms house I could see malaikotai, every summer we split our time between trichy and  kumbakonam!!!
Originally posted by Nisha0604

What a fantastic description. I read it three times already

THANKS SO MUCH Asma
You are right lack of empathy... Bala cares but only so much, he is selfish, he wants his parents not to be abandoned, he would rather have his 37 year old risky pregnancy wife care for them
She doesnt feel jealousy for what Sam has but wishes she has SOME Things atleast, if there was no Thatha Pati (in laws) she can have that bedroom, she can cook meals for "Her 4"

R&B? is the other extreme... he doesnt care for his own Dad๐Ÿ˜ฒ

โค๏ธ Love it WHEN i hear from you! 

I write about what touched me and as it is for most people emotions do. 

Loved the latest one too.

Amma's wisdom ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

RnB and II - well glad he saw her as ' Rakshasi' She is that isn't she? She touched a raw nerve and he blasted it somehow feels like a layer has come off and they have moved a step ahead! 
@ Blue Thank you my dear! For all that this story has been. I think for the first time in my life i'm reading fiction without the option of reading the last page mid way ๐Ÿ˜‰ and relishing every step.

Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago