Software Symphonies 18 Democracy & Heels on 150 - Page 68

Posted: 8 years ago
Prince & the moat☺️

Appa: Why do u park three blocks down u shud park on the side by Ishita's window
R&B: its usually taken sir!!

Appa:No no! its too far, its an expensive car it might get scratched, there are many pranksters in the area

R&b nodded at the concern

Amma:I was JUST telling her to invite you

R&B:Thanks!

Amma:she makes good Chinese, when she is here, I thought she should make...

R&B sat down in the corner seat of the sofa...

Appa:I went to Bala's to drop food off, Vandita is here no

R&B nodded
Appa: His parents are missing Vandita... I told them I have both my daughters at home so I wont sympathize (Appa obliquely took a pot shot at R&B)

R&B just looked on

Appa: Vandita needs rest... Bala is very kind, he has told her not to go for any errands, he takes full charge of it all

R&B smiled

Amma: Would u like coffee?  I only have Frooti or Fanta for cold... Mr Iyer or the nurse can go get coconut water from Moti Bagh intersection

R&B:Oh! No! I am good water is fine

Amma:No no... you must have coffee
R&B I am OK i just got out of a work meeting
Amma smiled sitting down

Appa: Bala is using this opportunity to have the house cleaned for her

R&B smiled again

Amma: Their family is big no

R&B nodded
Amma: Athai is supposed to be in NOIDA but she is mostly here only (distressed)

R&B nodded
Appa:SHE LOVES VANDITA Enna pesare nee (what are u saying) Vandita is adored

R&B: she is very kind

Appa:Yes yes... kind, adjusting, hard working and caring...

Amma: ishita is caring and impulsive (smiling) she means well

Appa: Vandita is blunt (so what if Ishita is impulsive)

R&B watched, amused at Mr & Mrs Iyer warring over their daughters

His wife was nowhere to be seen...

Amma: Ishita wants to be everything for everyone (softly, sadly)

Appa:Its her GOOD NATURE!!!

Amma: she is young, she will learn hopefully (Somber)

Appa: She can change the world, she is brilliant... she has an illustrious career ahead...

Amma nodded not caring to explain to Appa what context she was even talking about

Amma: They say tavippu in tamil it can be translated into "agitation, angst, restlessness" in her attempt to "cure". She will take actions that are... um... ummm.. ummm

Amma searched for word

R&B:Reckless? (softly)☺️

Amma nodded startled

Appa: If u dont take chances in life u cannot achieve 😆

Appa was a million miles from the mother in law son in law conversation
He always feared this "unusually tall white man" he was sure he was here with an agenda tonite like take away his darling

Appa: Madhu... u must tell him about the plans both sisters have made😈

Amma squirmed

Appa: they have all the activities lined up for the next 10 days

Amma: U can send her if u like

Appa:He is here for a visit (smugly)

Amma:Avala kootindu poha vandrikaan (hes here to take her home)

Appa looked at R&B like.. "You are no longer my friend" Appa crossed his arms across his chest and felt his veshtis edge, plotting his next move

His face looked like  II chose her  R&B/best friend from school, and he was her "neighborhood friend" and upon seeing her best friend from school
he was going to be dumped

~~~~~~~

Amma had shut the other half of the door on her way out... when she came back she found the sisters in the exact spot she left them in

"INNUMA MUDIYALA ONGA SANDA?" (Are u two still at it?) she asked startled  "Are we just like the families we talk about?"

"Ammma stop it" Vandu scolded her quickly wiping her tears on II's shoulder  "We are not fighting"

"Thats nice" Amma smiled in disbelief

"Ida thittittu namba enga poradu?" (after scolding the brat where will we go? We all have to live here only) Akka chuckled

"MEAN!!" II hissed

Akka kissed her forehead  "U are good kanna"

"Can I come to your house this weekend?"

"Why? u already have a topic to fight over on Friday?"

"Shhh!!" II eye singalled Akka since she couldnt use hand gestures Amma was standing right there

"U CAN COME BUT WITH HIM" Akka said smiling

"If Shravu is home he will come" she said with envy

"ONAKKU Shravu pidikalam avanukku pidikka koodaada?" "Idu enna logic dee?" (U can love Shravu and not him?)

"Yep! thats pretty much it" she said smugly

"Do u atleast let him love u or do u say "Only I can love you?" Akka sniggered

I SAY IT EVERY DAY
I WANT TO HEAR IT EVERY DAY
I CANNOT IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUT HIM
JUST IMPOSSIBLE
I WOULD PARK MY CAR OUTSIDE MALCHA MARG AND TRY TO CATCH A GLIMPSE OF HIM ON THE BALCONY
IF ANY BODY ELSE EVEN ATTEMPTED TO LOVE HIM I WILL KILL HIM FIRST

II: The latter!  she hugged Akka warmly trying to hide her flaming cheeks

Amma:Porum dee paasa malar between two sisters (Paasa malar is a famous movie about bro-sis bonding)

Vandu: Po deee go change and make my Chinese

Amma: A French man is here!☺️

Vandu began to laugh...

II blushed the only French guy she knew was her Rakshasan☺️

II:Is he tall ma? (softly)

amma: Hes sitting down so I cant tell😛😳

Vandu: OH! HO!!!!!! Vanduttaan... to take her home... she likes to torture him... and he likes to be tortured... and very soon it will spill over to and tortue all of US🤣

Akka smacked her on the back teasing

Amma: Change kanna HE IS HERE

II: he has seen me after a long day so he knows
Her heart began to race she could feel her collar bone throb at the pulse on the base of her neck vibrated... she quickly tucked stray locks of hair behind her ears
Checking her appearance surreptiously...
Vandu: Amma YAARO DRESS CHANGE PANNIKKA MAATALAM but she will pretty herself up secretly (she wont change)

Amma smiled smugly, happy her  daughter was aching for her husband

II stopped immediately  "Umm... My hair was all over the place" mumbling

"Vandu:and he hasnt even touched you yet!!!
Akka giggled heartily

Amma: Vaango dee rendu perum velila (comeon over to the living room both of u)

Vandu:WHY ME MA... I am tired I want to rest I will rest here... (winking)
So II cant meet her husband privately in her room

Amma: Enga room la poi paduthuko

Vandu: Why? Oh! right Akbar is here for Jodha!!

Akka cracked herself up uncontrollably, II smiled softly...
Amma: Appa is the crocodile in the moat!!!

II burst out laughing at Amma's sharp sense of humor

Vandu was stunned she stopped laughing for a second and began with more energy...

amma: I am going to go chop the bok choy the carrots and cabbage..
and set water to boil for the Chinese noodles... seekrama dress pannindu vaa di front room ku(quick quick)

II:should I shower?

Vandu:I could send him and he could help

II: Can u?

Akka started walking away...  "Ayyyo" "I was kidding, do u have any cute clothes ka?"

Akka: no no... bala only likes me in garbage bags and sacks CuteAA? what does that mean

III:AYYYO! I am sorry I asked what u brought...

Akka:Sarojini Nagar market maternity clothes... (chuckling)

II: I think I have a pink saree I left in March...

II opened her Godrej and found the saree...

Vandu:Becoming all gharelu or what

II:One can only try

Vandu left her chuckling

She showered and braided her hair, he opened the door and sauntered in she was looking for a orange scuncie in the big plastic
hair accesories box in the chest of drawers

"hey"☺️

She dropped the box... the 100s of safety pin clusters, hair pin wads, scuncies, bindi strips scattered all over the floor

she leaned on the Godrej mirror, he placed his hands on side of her head, by her ear... and began checking her out...
She? Ermm... she was dead too long ago for it to even matter to her ☺️☺️
Originally posted by bluebell11

I think every wife wants a husband who's her knight in shining armour..
Bala's practicality doesn't quite fit with that idea..but in a middle class scenario he can't do much about it.
i think when vandu says he's a wimp she means he can't take a stand for her..letting her quit is a privilege he can't really afford...it's out of his reach in a way..
but then he hasn't even offered it..that would hurt any wife just the way vandu is

Bluebell

Great analysis

Wimp not only for that reason alone Wimp also in matters concerning Athai and his parents he cannot tell Ambala Anna "My wife is going to have a baby we tried to have one for 7 years it worked... its a risky pregnancy CAN U PLEASE care for Amma Appa for 6 months?

Har family mein kisi na kisi ka undue advantage liye jaata hai, in Vandu's its Bala... he is the best son in law but when it comes to his own matters he is weak as a  noodle

In Bhallas its Ranjan and Sam to a certain extent
Im the first,hayee long update:-D
Originally posted by blue5sky

IF ate my reply!

Beautiful Nisha!! True coming of age experience her marriage is turning out to be for II.

Loved Vandu' s strength. 

Loved your portrayal of Vandu as a woman with desires and wishes. Very few things are as demanding as care giving is. Especially when it is a result directly attributable to lack of empathy from part of her husbands  family. So much honesty from her - awe inspiring.

I hope II learns to confront the right things in her life. I loved Vandu pointing to II that she was an equal partner in the relationship - she wanted the marriage as much as RnB did!

Both the sisters have financial woes - Vandu a prisoner of expectations , limited supply and extended needs and II's woes self inflicted!

Looking forward to see how the two are going to learn from each other or support each other!
You Nisha deserve 👏 for making all these characters gracious and grumpy, subtle and blatant all in one go. All of them have shades! like Monet 😳

What a fantastic description. I read it three times already

THANKS SO MUCH Asma
You are right lack of empathy... Bala cares but only so much, he is selfish, he wants his parents not to be abandoned, he would rather have his 37 year old risky pregnancy wife care for them
She doesnt feel jealousy for what Sam has but wishes she has SOME Things atleast, if there was no Thatha Pati (in laws) she can have that bedroom, she can cook meals for "Her 4"

R&B? is the other extreme... he doesnt care for his own Dad😲
And with the end i skipped a heartbeat!!!! ❤️

Thnkss for it... Now i'll sleep... 😳
Edited by vibhutii - 8 years ago
AIYOOO! Combustion waiting to occur! Ooohhh, 
yeh appa bhi na!!!swoftly changing his attitude when amma said rnb is here to take II with him!!!neighbourhood friend!!!that was a kidilam comparison...
Originally posted by janani_divan

Im the first,hayee long update:-D

Thank you Thank you Thank you Nisha. You made me to recall my childwood days. My respect to my parents doubled now.
Time to say gud nite. Hope I will get morning dose when get up.Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by putti77

Thank you Thank you Thank you Nisha. You made me to recall my childwood days. My respect to my parents doubled now.
Time to say gud nite. Hope I will get morning dose when get up.

gud n8,i dnt knw your name?putti?
Loved appa
Ninja mode on!!! 

Some romance brewing
And amma is such a teaser!! 

Loveddd the update