Surya discussion -Oct 2006 - April 3 2007

Posted: 17 years ago

Picture taken from Sun TV Network:

Surya

Hi, I am atina and many of you know me from my bandham update writings. Due to the great public demand from you guys 😭I thought I will try writing updates for Surya too😭  😭 .So far 30 episodes are over and I have to recall the whole thing and write👏. I will try my best😭. But when I finish summarizing these 30 episodes then I can write in detail but still I wonder whether I can do a good job as writing Bandham!!!!!!! I can not remember some of the characters' names…..😭however as it goes I will let you all know the correct names etc………For the title song a couple ( male and female) dances Bhartha Natiyam which is very impressive. SOme photos I will try to post soon.

(😭 kadavul thaan ennai kappathanum......😭)

Ok …….so far….the story line is……..

This story takes place in Chennai.

Surya is a young smart and famous journalist and just stopped working for the famous Channel 3. Her family consists of her mother Maragatham and her two younger sisters Archana and Aishwarya. Archana is the quieter one and Aish is the chutty kadakutty and she is very talkative. All the three sisters are not yet married. Maragatham brought up her children for the past 18 years as a single parent!!!!!! That is what the society thinks but in fact her husband lives away from her rather he was forced to be away from Maragatham due to some false police case for a murder. Maragatham thinks that if she lives openly with her husband police will come to know about him and they will arrest him and hang him to death. So she prefers to live away from her husband and she forced him to marry another woman who is very rich and very sick. Maragatham's husband (I forgot his name) is a nice person who loves his three daughters so much and they meet in public places and talk to each other a few words as if they are talking to the tree or pretend to talk over phone while they are standing next to each other ...etc…

Surya was working in Channel 3 and her boss has a lot of respect for her and for some prestigious reason Surya resigned her job from the Channel 3. Her boss tells her that whenever she wants to join their Channel  their doors will be open for her always.

Surya has a close friend called Nandini and one day she comes to know that Nandini is in jail and Surya goes to Nandini's house to meet her mom who is totally shattered and she tells Surya that she does not know anything and all she knows is police booked a false drug possession charge against Nandini and they took her and when she went to the station the Sub inspector Mangai did not allow her to see her daughter. She also tells that Nandini was in love with some one BIG. She begs surya to save her daughter from these people.

Swarna is a villain who owns a lot of business and very influential in political  and business circle and she will do anything to attain her goal….. Even murder. The police SI who is keeping Nandini in her station under her custody calls Swarna as "akka" ( she is not her own sister but just a jaalra case who takes the money which Swarna throws now and then) Mangai is very sincere to Swarna.  Often it is shown that Swarna instructs Mangai about how to treat Nandini without any mercy  and Mangai updating Swarna regularly about Nandini.

Swarna's husband Uthiramoorthy who is a very popular politician but a very nice human being struggles to live with Swarna as a married partner. Somehow he fell in love Nandini and Swarna came to know about this ….hence all this drama with Nandini.He really loves Nandini and vice versa. Surya is busy finding who Nandini's lover is and she comes to the station but Mangai does not allow her to talk to Nandini. 

Ravi (I think this is the correct name. if not I will correct it later) is a clean police officer who lives with his mother ( not in Chennai) His mother shows him some photos of girls for him to choose as his would be wife and he was so attracted by one girl and he chose that photo and tells his mom to go ahead with that girls proposal. That girl is Surya. After the formal phone calls Ravi's mom goes to Surya's house with her son to see Surya ( ponnu paarka) When Surya was told about this she was a bit shocked and tells her mom that she is not yet ready to marry and she wants to achieve so much in life. Some how Maragatham convinces her by telling that just see the boy since she has already told them to come home. Surya agrees to this. Ravi gets a chance to talk to Surya in the garden Ravi tells Surya that he always has so much respect for her as a journalist and when he asked her why she left her job Surya tells about some issues in the office and with some politicians. Ravi advises her that she should not give any damn importance to these petty matters and she should look forward to work further as a journalist in the same Channel 3. And Surya agrees with him and she also starts liking Ravi.

Ravi goes back to his place and arranges for a transfer for himself to Chennai. He comes and meets Surya and they both go to Channel 3 office and Surya introduces Ravi to her boss who is extremely happy that Surya is back to work there. With Ravi's help Surya goes and meets Nandini in the prison and consoles her and promises to her that she will soon bring her out.

Meanwhile Surya comes to know about Uthiramoorthy and meets him and was happy to find that he is more than willing to marry Nandini legally. Swarna threatens Surya not to get involved in this matter. But Surya goes to Swarna's house with the press camera men and without realizing that Surya came their as a journalist Swarna started screaming at her and shot at Surya ( nothing happens to Surya but the whole thing was recorded. This case comes to the court and Uthiramoorthy openly tells that how bad his wife is and he admits that he is in love with Nandini and he intends to marry her too.Swarna gets arrested and is sentenced  imprisonment for 6 months.

Summary.....thodarum...

Edited by atina - 17 years ago

Surya

Archana has a boyfriend called Ashok and she becomes pregnant and he is so scared to tell his mom. He is very scared of his mom. Her name is Shakunthala Devi who is very rich and lives alone with her brother and she is a very strong and bossy character. She is living with a vengeance in her heart and searching for her husband's murderer. She thinks that Archana's father is the one who murdered her husband. Everyday she stands in front of her husband's picture and stares. She dresses as a widow. She always asks her brother if Maragatham's husband is dead then how come she still wears kungumam and flowers.

Since Ravi has just moved to Chennai in his new house his mom is unpacking things and she takes Ravi's dad's photo and hangs on the wall and smiles. The person in the photo here and the one in Shakunthala Devi's house is the same. But Ravi's mom is a Sumangali wearing pottu and flowers!!!!!!! ( ayo kuzhapparaangale aya!!!!)

(😉Do you all understand. Shakunthala Devi who dresses up as a widow thinks her husby is murdered by Maragatham's husby and Maragatham knows that her husby never killed anyone……Ravi's father is the same person as SD's husband and Ravi's mother is not a widow…….so one thing is for sure that he is alive!!!!.......Naane rumba kuzhappu kuzhappunnu seyarenna intha writer enakku mela oru padi…..😉)

She is planning to bring Maragatham's husband out by accepting the proposal of her son to marry Archana. She fixes a day for the engagement on a condition that Maragatham's husband should come. Maragatham tells that her husband is Canada and she will tell him to attend the engagement function. The three daughters are shocked to hear this. Meanwhile Maragatham meets her husband and tells him about all this and he tells that it is very important that he attends this for the sake of his daughter Archana. ( maragatham does not know about Shakunthala Devi's plan) Shakunthala goes to the police station and narrates the whole story to them and the police are happy to arrest a criminal for whom they are searching too for the past 18 years.
Police in civilian dress surrounds the house and Shakuntha and others are sitting inside waiting for Archana's father's arrival. Archana's father is in the car heading towards Maragatham's house. The tension builds up…..At one point Maragatham overhears a policeman talking over phone ( who is not in his uniform) that they are all waiting to arrest a criminal…..etc etc….At once she calls her husby and begs him to turn the car and go away and with so much hesitation he turns back and goes off.

After a long wait Shakunthala gets so furious and tells  the whole gang of people who came with her to leave immediately and the engagement is called off too. Archana starts crying so bitterly. When Maragatham begs Shakunthala Devi she agrees to allow her son to marry Archana provided her dad comes and attends. Hearing this Maragatham shouts at her and they leave. As they leave Ravi and him mom enters and Shakunthala Devi narrates the whole story and asks her to reconsider about taking Surya from this family as their daughter in law.

Summary ....Thodarum....

This sounds interesting atina. Thanks for the updates. 😊
hey, atina! thanks so much! 👏 u have to recall 30 episodes for us.. 😔 thanks so much for ur updates! love you! 😛 keep up the good work! 👏 👏 👏
Yup....jigglypuff726
I am almost done....and one consolation is that Bandham comes in the morning and Surya in the night.....atleast I have some breathing time...ha

]

Hi all,

Those who are reading this updates please reciprocate by posting your comments. I see the number of vies keep increasing but not many comments......please please...good or bad let me know.....so that I will keep writing....
wat r u doing! 😡
u r making me want 2 watch Surya drama now 2 😆
😆 u r just 2 good at dis stuff
Do you know who plays da roles of these charaters
n wat other dramas dey act in so i can get a picture in my mind!
thnx! keep up da gr8 updates!

Hey Surya seems to be a nice serial!!!!! Stupid Serials OZIGA! Good Serials VAZGA!! 😃

You can click on the pictures for a larger image.......👏   👏

Hi all,

T think I am just learning how to upload pictures here. Once again thanks to jigglypuff726.

Hope you all like these pictures.....ensoy machi....

Aishwarya (youngest)

Archana

Maragatham (surya's mom)

Swarna - the villain ( in jail)

Shakunthala Devi ( Ashok's mom )

Archana's boyfriend

Surya's future husby

Surya

Summary (PArt II)

Nandini is released from jail and she is free of any charge and was proved innocent in the court. Surya consults with a few lawyers about the legalization of Uthiramoorthy and Nandini's wedding. Mangai comes to Nandini's house and threatens and goes. Maragatham finds out that Archana is pregnant and she takes her to a doctor for an abortion but Archana refuses for an abortion and comes back home.

Archana is so furious with her mother and asks her so many questions about her dad. Maragatham becomes very angry too. Surya comes at this point and asks her mom to go and talk to Ashok's mother one more time. She goes there to meet Shkunthala Devi but she is not willing for any compromise at all. Archana goes to Ashok's office and begs him to accept her. Ashok says that he will definitely accept her if she comes out of her house leaving all the relationship with her family members and also tells that even his mom's wish is also the same. And archana does agree with Ashok and leaves her place in spite of Maragatham stopping her.

Archana is in Shakunthala Devi's house and SD sweet talks with Archana and praises her for leaving her family to come to her house. She also convinces her to sign in some court papers. When Archana asks for an explanation Shakunthala says, " athu onnum illamma….just a case against your mother , where you are telling that your mom has murdered your dad and she confessed this fact many times during her sleep." Archana says that her mom never told like that. But Shakunthala tells…if Archana tells like this then the court will order Maragatham to present her husband in the court immediately so finally Archanan will get to have a chance to see her dad after all…….

Court scene….many questions were asked and at last Archana accused of her mom for the murder of her dad. Maragatham refuses and the court orders her to bring her husband within 15 days if not she will be arrested for the charge of a murder case.

In surya's house Maragatham prays to god to save her husband. Surya comes in asks her mom to call her dad and Maragatham refuses to do so. Surya gets angry with her and tells it is due to her mom this matter
Got this serious and went to the court and she begs her mom not to be so adamant and she also tells her mom that if she brings her dad out to the lime light she will do paal abhishegam for her….. and Maragatham shouts at Surya " Just for your Paal abhishegam I am not willing to pawn my husband in this matter"…….. Surya and Aishwarya stands still …shocked…..

(These two parts of summary will cover 30 episodes)

👏      👏Summary ends....and the episodes ....Thodarum..... 👏     👏