Is it true that Pandu died on Arjuna's birthday? - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
I had read this somewhere and I'm curious whether its true or not. Since you guys from the mytho masti forum know a lot about the scriptures I thought about asking here. Hope someone knows ðŸ˜Š

Yes there is a description that it was Arjuna's birthday and Pandu died on that day.. I remember reading article on the same, though we've to check what CE says .. 
There is an article which claims so, but source of this information was not clear in that article. Author did not mention his source as I can remember. But I did not find this in epic (Neelkantha version which I mostly read). I think this is not mentioned in CE either. Only Southern may have something in detail, I have to check. Southern has a detailed narration on Pandu's death, that I can remember.
Originally posted by Urmila11

There is an article which claims so, but source of this information was not clear in that article. Author did not mention his source as I can remember. But I did not find this in epic (Neelkantha version which I mostly read). I think this is not mentioned in CE either. Only Southern may have something in detail, I have to check. Southern has a detailed narration on Pandu's death, that I can remember.
I remember an article by prof IB where he says Pandu died while Arjuna's 14th b'day celebration was going on but he dismisses it because a 14 yr old boy will not say 'taat ' to his grandfather and sit on his lap ... To know exactly Southern edition should be looked into to know exact details .. 
I too first came across it in Prof. IB's article. He's quite learned so maybe it is mentioned in some text. maybe in the southern version like you guys stated. If its true, it seems very sad ðŸ˜” Losing your parents on what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life.Anyway thanks for the information @Urmila and @Maverick_me ðŸ˜Š Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 8 years ago
I heard this somewhere... when someone was narrating this part of MB, (s)he said since it was Arjuna's birthday, Kunti and the children had gone to the temple, leaving Madri and Pandu behind, and the rest is history.