SS 17 Scoops of ice cream on 105 - Page 8

Posted: 8 years ago
Life has changed 360 degrees for II and 180 deg at least for her parents and sisters family. The warmth that the extended family gives you in dire moments is always heart warming. It's like if left alone , one cannot manage but there's something about the support that you learn that you have around you.
The father in law son in law relationship between R&B and Mr.Iyer can be called an "Appendage relationship' where two people who do not particularly care for each other are forced to connect together. I am struck with puzzlement at the
' analness' with which they have a go at each other , one of them not being able to go , insanely wanting to be still the primary confidante and source of support for the girl in question inspite of her being married and the other one for all the worldly wise confidence with which he goes about his way in life, cannot get it past him to realise that his wife is his and only his. If she was not his by the Monet when he kissed her, she was surely his from the moment he slipped the ring or atleast when she sang Rukmini Ramana and rim jhim for him.
The relationship that they share with their girl respectively are mutually distinct and can coexist one bound by filial attendance and the other by wedding vows and non platonic love. But both of them have got to factor in that the girl in question here is put under the wringer more often than not .
But who am I to question the extremities of the emotions we carry in us. Emotions, feelings are just that and at times defies all logic that could probably exist and one such of them that seems to defy logic for me is the unshakeable trust I have on this fictional character by name " Ranjanji'. Yep, no beating that.

The other day, it was a brilliant ping pong wrt Ranjanji between team Ranjan and otherwise . But after reading all pov's , my faith did not budge an inch and I am deep in pits to be explain why that trust. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Beautiful updates as usual!! Seriously, I love the way you portray the different relationships.. so beautiful and real!! โค๏ธ
Vandita reminds me so much of my own Akka... the way she treats II.. and their relationship.. I totally love the possessive Chithi.. yes, the nephews and nieces belong to the Chithi alone (not Chithappa)๐Ÿ˜†

I love how R&B handled II.. it seems like only the Dude is able to handle her so well..๐Ÿ˜†

In the previous parts.. loved how Ranjan teased II saying let's play Carom..๐Ÿ˜† MM is slowly becoming a home again (not just a house)..๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Appa leaves no chance to hold onto II... but the daughter is deep in love with her Rakshashan๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by taramira

OMG OMG OMG OMG...this has got to be my most favourite update EVERRR! 

THE REASON????... MY REAL NAME IS SHRUTI!
 And when he said these lines

"Shruti is a lovely name BTW" he smiled fully into her eyes๐Ÿ˜ณ
Did I die OR did I die...

Niice
I suspected your girls were Tara and Mira๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Shruti is a very popular Iyer name and Marathi name as far as I know of in India
Every Iyer family has a Shruti, since most get Carnatic lessons๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Chal tu immortalize ho gayi by appearing as Vandita's second born. I absolutely love that name... full and full. 

Srividya, THANKS VERY VERY MUCH. I am happy you love it so much. Srividya is yet another pakka Iyer/Iyengar name๐Ÿ˜ƒ. If nobody read it it wouldnt have gotten to the 17th topic for sure... about your analysis, LOVELY

Thanks, yes, she is very caring, very affectionate, she cannot imagine having a falling out with Akka, even for pretend... the ones she loves are super important to her, she is not very gharelu she will not do housework for months or years but will do her best to pamper the ones she adores. In little ways he is getting introduced to how she functions with her family, he is pleasantly surprised by the fact that she wants him around every moment...๐Ÿ˜ณ

Shevane, not a big deal yaar, when you join the workforce two, three years from now, you will do a million times better than I... you already are out and about driving on the freeway taking the subway or transit... and managing a home and kids... working is a piece of cake for you, trust me
ALL of us can do it in a heartbeat, 99% of the things in life are not as fearful as we perceive them to be... There are many many things I suck at... nobody knows because this topic is all about the story๐Ÿ˜ƒ You probably paint or decorate many times better than I do... care for the family, cook, clean, go to work and write this story is all I do... seriously!!

Anu I AM THRILLED the dance went well, I bet you will do it all over again... I have boys and I try to tape them to the stage one way or the other every year๐Ÿ˜†  did u get images of the stage and the music all night long? I usually get that the song they dance on plays a million times too

Hershey, another classic one, but in Kohl's I was laughing over the first one, that is simply GOLDEN

Errant Ranjan gush can't be helped by few of us Kya  Karen did u see my signature๐Ÿ˜‰
@divashni  your story sounds super cute too lab partners  toy chemistry is already taken care of ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by taramira

Seriously I was so excited to see the title of the update. No one can pronounce the name here...so saad. I keep explaining to one and all what it means and how pronounce it. The best way I tell them is from Shakespeare's play taming of the shrew...just add a ti to it...people have called me  SHARUTI...or even SHANTI!
If only these angrejj knew what a beautiful meaning your name has!!
I have lived a couple years in london before I came to US... N worked with people who have all kindz of accent - american, turkish, spanish, australian, scottish, british, italian... N goddd !! They would all spoil my name sooo bad ki after a year or so I myself modified my name's pronunciation so that they could get my name atleast , as a result once I called my mum n said "mera naam pronounce karogi plz"๐Ÿ˜†
Then I deviced the plan of calling myself Hershey as in the chocolate!! Now everyone gets my name!! ๐Ÿ˜†
They pronounce my friend whose name is Swati as "sweaty" ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

Errant Ranjan gush can't be helped by few of us Kya  Karen did u see my signature๐Ÿ˜‰
@divashni  your story sounds super cute too lab partners  toy chemistry is already taken care of ๐Ÿ˜ณ

It ws microbio lab Anu...no chemistry, only bacteria. ๐Ÿ˜† Nice try tho ๐Ÿ˜›
@nisha yes it has been playing all the time in my head still in that hangover :) I think middle school I will stop.. 
Oh I also read what u made for lunch yummy !!! I have been rereading Shruti again ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Originally posted by Divashni

It ws microbio lab Anu...no chemistry, only bacteria. ๐Ÿ˜† Nice try tho ๐Ÿ˜›
Mere liye chemistry , biology sub ek , I remember my chemistry teacher telling us there is chemistry everywhere, plants, cooking etc  except she didn't tell us about the boy girl one๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 8 years ago
Ok.. Even with Me being non-southie n hence non-tamil.. Have been hearing a lot of buzz abt OK kanmani... Anyone saw? Reviews say its one of Mani Ratnam's best works... I dont understand the language... But AR Rahman has given good music, I saw the trailer n it looks like Sathiya kindz movie... I wish there were subtitles... I'd watch it then
Originally posted by harshita27

If only these angrejj knew what a beautiful meaning your name has!!
I have lived a couple years in london before I came to US... N worked with people who have all kindz of accent - american, turkish, spanish, australian, scottish, british, italian... N goddd !! They would all spoil my name sooo bad ki after a year or so I myself modified my name's pronunciation so that they could get my name atleast , as a result once I called my mum n said "mera naam pronounce karogi plz"๐Ÿ˜†
Then I deviced the plan of calling myself Hershey as in the chocolate!! Now everyone gets my name!! ๐Ÿ˜†
They pronounce my friend whose name is Swati as "sweaty" ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ

@bold: ๐Ÿคฃ

I remembr on the 1st day of school evry year there wld b a pause in the rhythm of the teachr reading names 4 attendance & I wld automatically jst raise my hand nd say I ws present. ๐Ÿ˜† By middle school, I hd mastrd the act & I wldn't evn bother tellng them my full name...just Div.

Dnt kno y bt americans c a name w/ more thn 4 lettrs nd they jst go bonkers w/ the pronunciation. ๐Ÿ˜•