SS 17 Scoops of ice cream on 105 - Page 25

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by ishruhi

Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

Lies and Goodwill

I am going to be butchered and hated and thought one dimensional but me still team Ranjan..Embarrassed
He tried to support his son /dil , he doesnt know the complete picture, he trusts but he was cornered .

As a businessman he has no support , its extremely hard to lead a life where ur son /husband doesnt support you , he trusts only R&B on the bihar thing thats why sent him there and used his opinion thats why is texting him next..

In tamil you have this saying pattum padama erukkarthu (its like living without being involved) thats how these R&B & II live in MM.
You need to be 100% involved in something or not, if R&B hates it so much he should leave for Paris with his wife and not listen to Sams pregnancy and come back.
If he is back he has to use his brains and work .

And no i dont believe in choice , I dont believe in freedom of doing whatever you want in this world , yes to some extent but as a middle class educated girl I was expected to marry , have kids, raise a family , obsess about grades, teach daughter carnatic music, cook healthy, wear appropriate clothes, teach values .Nobody forced me or my 100 other friends but we do it happily u can get frustrated look at others life and feel wow wish i could but u dont there is no reason .

Similarly my business class friends didnt study much some of the brothers joined business even after going to Warton,the girls didnt learn to cook but learnt how to get work out of others, where to shop,throw the perfect party and honestly not ever looking at a bill and buying anything , it came to them naturally!

So Ranjan having these thoughts is very very valid in his context.. the only thing that is going to make me dislike Ranjan is if he cheated knowingly and I would be very very surprised if that happened cause a dad who gave these values cannot and for me the die hard addict of Sosy it would be the first time that a character didnt behave true to character !
Cheating after marriage even a thought makes a person Black for me not grey ..

Oh and the tara mausi update was so cute , loving minion more by the update Embarrassed

ditto...i cant explain like this .was waiting for you...

Totally get all of this. I am ONE big Ranjan gusher as well. But his internal thoughts doubting his own...that's what disappointed me. He could be a smart intelligent businessman...which he definitely is...having set up this huge business all by himself, he would have dealt with all kinds of people and what  we know  of him is that he's played by the rules. People, have immense respect for him...he also knows the reason why RB doesn't want to have anything to do with him or his business...with him becoz of the scandal and business because he is just not interested in selling cars...which is again fair enough...but doubting His pans cpapabilities and being completely blind to his own...

Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Lies and Goodwill

I am going to be butchered and hated and thought one dimensional but me still team Ranjan..Embarrassed
He tried to support his son /dil , he doesnt know the complete picture, he trusts but he was cornered .

As a businessman he has no support , its extremely hard to lead a life where ur son /husband doesnt support you , he trusts only R&B on the bihar thing thats why sent him there and used his opinion thats why is texting him next..

In tamil you have this saying pattum padama erukkarthu (its like living without being involved) thats how these R&B & II  live in MM.
You need to be 100% involved in something or not, if R&B hates it so much he should leave for Paris with his wife and not listen to Sams pregnancy and come back.

And no i dont believe in choice , I dont believe in freedom of doing whatever you want in this world , yes to some extent but as a middle class educated girl I was expected to marry , have kids, raise a family , obsess about grades, teach daughter carnatic music, cook healthy, wear appropriate clothes, teach values .Nobody forced me or my 100 other friends but we do it happily u can get frustrated look at others life and feel wow wish i could but u dont there is no reason .

Similarly my business class friends didnt study much  some of the  brothers joined business even after going to Warton,the girls didnt learn to cook but learnt how to get work out of others, where to shop,throw the perfect party and honestly not ever looking at a bill and buying anything , it came to them naturally!

So Ranjan having these thoughts is very very valid in his context.. the only thing that is going to make me dislike Ranjan is if he cheated knowingly and I would be very very surprised if that happened cause a dad who gave these values cannot and for me the die hard addict of Sosy it would be the first time that a character didnt behave true to character !

Oh and the tara mausi update was so cute , loving minion more by the update Embarrassed

Anu I am with you with Ranjan, but he is supporting Harish and family knowingly, then I am mighty pissed with him. That goes to show his week character, And by helping Chacha  he is alienating himself from his family more. He is there father, he needs to comand his family and not let it go. By not defending himslef after the scandal...he has lost his self esteem. He tolerates as he is gulity. If he is innocent (which i believe he is) he needs to clear the air with his family if not in public. Another thing, why is he expanding? for who? Before he does all that he needs to be the true patriarch of the family. And not give choice, have open vote within the fmaily..He needs to assert himself after all he is the dad.

how can u assert urself when you have no support.. its very very very hard to cut of blood ties.
Example - My grandfather has lands and 3 of his son take care of it after his death , one of them is actually slimy everybody knows he will use the land money for personnel things and not mention the money was made, will take loans what do the other 2 brothers do, one has both kids in US so has to travel here and is worried what will happen to him in later years , so the other 2 brothers do the best to minimize damage and ignoring the 3-4 lakhs that will go missing.
The swindling guy has a son in India and helps the dad now what can u do ...

I agree with when u have no support system. But not defending or talking about it, Ranjan is creating hell hole for himself. I like Ranjan, I feel sorry for, I believe he is innocent. But he is wants to be walked all over him, I will not give him a hand. He needs to open his eyes to relaity. I hate people who cut a sorry image for themself. Ranjan needs to stand up and he will be surpized that his kids are there with him.

Originally posted by shidin0117

Originally posted by putti77

Lies and Goodwill

In tamil you have this saying pattum padama erukkarthu (its like living without being involved) thats how these R&B & II live in MM.

Similarly my business class friends didnt study much some of the brothers joined business even after going to Warton,the girls didnt learn to cook but learnt how to get work out of others, where to shop,throw the perfect party and honestly not ever looking at a bill and buying anything , it came to them naturally!

Oh and the tara mausi update was so cute , loving minion more by the update

Now I am 99 percent sure this Chachu is behind Ranjan's scandal. Hope R&B clarifies this Samar mess.

@bold

agree with u Anu.

I already sympathise with Ranjan, but was against his thght process in that one moment. 

When I read ur POV, rgding II and R&B living without being involved, u can say that for R&B but not II. See she is caring, sensitive and does think abt others like Sam, Ranjan, even minion and others. But one thing is she is reckless and still doesn't know the whole Bhalla family dynamics. Currently, she is mainly focused on R&B more, Ranjan, Sam, her maayka. She has not had much interaction with C&  family, just the basics like how many kids, DILs , grand kids. When sees it affecting her FIL, or her hubby or if Sam lets her know then she will start fighting the battle. At present nobody wants her to know their family skeletons. Dude wont say anything, Sam is not saying anything, they r ashamed to let her know of the shallowness of their relative. 

And also Dude cant just take wifey and go for Paris, for one thing II wont agree (I think), she is gonna miss everybody too much and he has not yet told it to II that he permanently wants to settle there.

agree for now II is clueless but i think she will want to be the same , she doesnt want to associate with the wealth at all , she wants to ride in an auto.. spending others money or business politics doesnt come easily to her , so for a business FIL imagine the plight he is fighting with her DIL to drive in one of his 5 cars

Originally posted by Ashu25

Too much logic coming 
I have nothing to say except agree or disagree

Anu - Why should they NOT go back ??
The plan was going back to Paris in 6 months time right ? The guy had planned it all in advance...He only needs to TELL his wife about it.
The guy also has his sister's nod for not involving his wife in the family circus! So why not ??
II's parent's believe she will be GONE...Why not ??

because u dont leave ur fathers business to the wolves u need to find a person to help and then leave.
I will say this again and again .. no big businessmans son can avoid facing the reality of being born to a family of business men and act your role.

Arey option hai
Retain shares...Buy Savita's shares too...Just dont enter biz LOL
Life of a child & Child's life

He moved her gently, she woke anyway... burying her face in the pillow, but held his hand... when he extricated his hand, woke completely

"Ennachu da?" she asked sleepy

"Shhh" he leaned over and kissed her on her cheek, she turned her face offering her lips... as a bribe, 
gentle strokes, she lifted her head wrapping her arms around his neck pulling him down on her...

Moving softly underneath... he stiffened, "Hey" he muttered, she gave him finger kangi, left first, right parting later, 
using her nail tips, hsi every pore tingled as he savored her touch with eyes closed
"No" she said going back to sleep wrapping him like a blanket...

"even if we quit talking to each other (seeing each other?) you must let me do this every night, coz I HAVE TO" she chuckled softly in a sleep drugged voice
Her fingers on the back of his head/neck rubbing gently, sifting through the thick locks, she turned and lay him down climbing over him, 
kissing him again, his hair whipping up her body's hunger.. her thumb tracing his side burn by his right ear, it rasped liek sand paper, his 5 0 clock shadow quickly turning into a 1 AM "growth"
She freed her right hand from the tangle of silky locks and let it wander down his waist... he smiled a half smile... 
he held it on his hip bone half heartedly, there werent too many occasions when his wife seduced him

"I am going to be back" he promised, he shut his eyes killing his stimulation...their hearts fluttering in unison... slowly relaxing to a steady beat

She unlocked her arms... he gently pulled the covers over her as she shivered, lowered the AC, and found his tee and cargos.. went down, and found Ranjan on the swing

His finger kangi intact... he looked to Ranjan like he hadnt begun sleeping yet

"What is going on in Patna do u know?" Ranjan asked in panic, getting off the swing, stumbling on 
first step, R&B instinctively reached out with a hand, Ranjan's head was bent so he didnt notice, he steadied himself on the brass figurine rope.. still a bit unsteady

"We met three and u have an update" R&B said softly

"Was Jha better of the three or Chaubey?" Ranjan asked

"Who was the better crook you mean?" R&B asked, leaning on the patio door, hands in pockets, feet crossed...

"Waha Harish is saying Samar must close, usko khatra hai" Ranjan tried to appear calm, and failed

"Whattt?" R&B asked baffled, anger mixed with disbelief

"I hear they are using him?" Ranjan couldnt believe it himself when he saw the look on his son's face
"Extortion?" R&B asked incredulously
Ranjan nodded weakly

"How did u know?" R&B was patient

"Harish... Chachu ne call kiya ghanta pehle" Ranjan said

"I mean WHO?" R&B stressed "WHO is demanding the ransom?"

"He said Samar feels we must close on one deal if he can return home" Ranjan said

R&B couldnt believe his sharp as a laser Dad had such poor cognitive ability, the men stood staring at each other wordlessly... 
R&B replayed everything that transpired in the three days they were together, there was no way in HELL Samar was the victim

"Are you going to?" R&B asked

"No No... I am not going to Patna" Ranjan said

"No I mean are you going to seal the deal?" he asked

"Bache ki life ka sawaal hai, I should have used my agent" Ranjan mumbled hoping his son would endorse his wisdom

R&B wondered too while in Bihar, WHY he chose to send them directly to deal with such criminals, Ranjan usually had a guy in 
Sotheby's India or another reputable such company

"WHY DIDNT YOU?" R&B wanted to ask but didnt

"Harish said it will be a good 101 for Samar in getting his feet wet in the business" Ranjan mumbled pacing the patio

R&B shook his head, rubbed his eyes, he was baffled Ranjan wasnt seeing it 
"Harish gave him the idea, offered his son, and now was calling him at midnight to report his son's life was in danger"

"You should go to bed" R&B said firmly

Ranjan turned stopping mid way through the mumbling... "Kya puttar?"

"U shud go to bed its really late" R&B said calmly

"Harish may call" Ranjan worried, tangling and untangling his fingers in desperation...

"He'll (Samar)  survive" R&B said bluntly with a heavy dose of sarcasm... Ranjan smoothed his hair... 
 accidentally kicked his whiskey glass under  the swing in confusion and stumbled inside

R&B watched him go,  saw Ranjan's phone on the swing... left it there... whether he left it because he didnt want to appear caring by returning it to the man that brought him into the world

OR

Left it there so if Harish called Ranjan would have to answer it, he wanted Ranjan to have a good night's sleep afterall?

Only R&B knew... just like the 99% other things buried inside him, this would be too...

He shut the sliding glass doors, hit the alarm, shut out the lounge lights and went up...

He checked the bed, she was sleeping on her side.. hand under her cheek she opened her eyes almost as if she knew something was going on...

She smiled joyously... "va Toongu kanna" she muttered softly (come sleep my love) eyes crinkling in confusion

"Is Akka OK?" she sat up panicking

"sshhh she is..." she is" he reassured softly

She slumped back in bed... shutting her eyes

He half smiled... and went out to the bedroom balcony, one foot up, on the raised periphery concrete he set his phone on the rail, 
rotated it and stared out at the Ridge... dark and mysterious with thick undergrowth...
 There was no traffic this time of night, only Delhi Police PCR Gypsies every now and then...

"Come to bed!!! da" she ordered, wrapped in the top sheet, he turned, and looked at the warm bundle in blue stripes

He turned and walked in, shut the door, she leaned on the wall looking at him curiously... with big soulful eyes
 paused by her picked her up and took her to bed... wrapped the blanket over them after stripping her sheet off, so he could feel her body against his

"Good idea" he muttered huskily cuddling her... gently rocking... his lips on her head
agreeing to her suggestion a good five minutes after she spoke standing by the balcony door

Ranjan would sleep well too, his phone forgotten by accident... it would ring multiple times on the swing...

On second thots...for the man Ranjan has been explained as when it comes to family if he didn't go out if his to save Samar i will be surprised... 
Blood relations are very thick, you don't find many good ppl being Vibhishan(if uv heard that saying)...Iv seen alot of ppl do soo much for der relatives, going out of der way without getting anything in return or worse facing the wrath as if just bcz dey are more intelligent and rich they are oblidged to help the ones who are not but you see them happily doing everything in their capacity and saying it's family...Ranjan i believe is one of those and will save Samar...
As far as II's not telling Ranjan is concerned, well if Chachu genuinely looked worried and she is not really aware of the dynamics she cld hv dropped a txt or maybe wen she was back in a more peaceful state of mind she cld hv told Ranjan...her not giving impotance to the news of Chachu' sons troubles is not something which wld be taken well in any regular family... Bhalla's are way to good, if it waa Shree or Subbu's home i think it wld hv been a bigger scene...
Ranjan feeling Chachu has the better Son and DIL...well they are stand wid him all the time, show love and concern on the face of it...his son doesn't second look...his DIL acted as if she doesn't care abt Ranjan's side of the family... He can't all the time keep thinking ooh its all my fault... He is bad means his son will be a bad son maybe not... I think its fair on Ranjans part to think hia kids don't care and Chachu ia lucky bcz well his Son atleast mostly doesn't care...
Also ur instant reactions are not ur complete reactions, feelings are so complicated they can't be bracketed into right and wrong they are just there, changing sometimes sometimes just stagnant, mostly a complexed web...I will like to believe those thots of Ranjan come frm that complexed web emotions...

Ps. I didn't post first thots...they were just wat an idiot and a few other things dat hv already been said...
Originally posted by taramira

Originally posted by ishruhi

Lies and Goodwill

ditto...i cant explain like this .was waiting for you...

Totally get all of this. I am ONE big Ranjan gusher as well. But his internal thoughts doubting his own...that's what disappointed me. He could be a smart intelligent businessman...which he definitely is...having set up this huge business all by himself, he would have dealt with all kinds of people and what  we know  of him is that he's played by the rules. People, have immense respect for him...he also knows the reason why RB doesn't want to have anything to do with him or his business...with him becoz of the scandal and business because he is just not interested in selling cars...which is again fair enough...but doubting His pans cpapabilities and being completely blind to his own...

he didnt doubt his own , he supported her and now is texting R&B.. Ranjan is 5 against 1
Are you referring to this
"In one month Samar's wife was fully involved Bhaisaab.." he said smugly

"Hmm" Ranjan nodded... unable to disagree, felt a pang of disappointment and envy... maybe he was not as lucky? Maybe his brother was right? His brother had the "good sons and good daughter in laws?"Cry...He didnt enjoy Harish speaking this way about the sweet girl, Ishita hadnt given him one reason to worry or complain... such a sweet lovely girl

But his son was in trouble now and he had Ranjan cornered...

he was cornered u know my aunt always gushes to my mom about how good her DIL is , and the fact that she is in India and both me and my sibling here,, thats the week spot for my parents and the aunt will make it a point to hit where it hurts and my parents have been with us touch wood through 4 of their grandchildrens birth and have spent a lot of time with us and my kids are fans of my moms cooking and my son started eating beet root thanks to her.
but my mom still says wish one of you guys were in India.
the irony my aunt can only visit in a given year for a month and the DIL has a cook and my aunt cant even cook for her grand children ..
its been one month ,  the MM gang will gain confidence and it will be the funnest place ever.
Some of my opinions about Ranjan have a lot to do with what i have seen could be the other side but i have seen it.
Sry fr typos, d comments too long fr me to go n change