Is it necessary to fire crackers? - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

Friends!!!

Don't kill me for this post!!!!

First of all let me tell my point.

Deepavali time has approached and it is one of the most intersting festivals we look forward to celebrate.

We decorate the house wonderfully with lights,rangoli's ,do Lakshmi pooja but the part of firing crackers really irks me a lot.The scientific reason behind crackers was that all kede makode(insects) die and we can be safe,but I really don't understand why people are firing crackers to eliminate higher level creatures like human beings also.I really feel only crack people crack the crackers.

Should we fire crackers?

Is it necessary to spend lots on money on crackers?

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
πŸ˜† Mythili..its not for crazy people..well I am crazy and I do fireworks πŸ˜• πŸ˜†
Fireworks its just a way to celeberate hapiness πŸ˜› yep, it may be a very crazy way lol..but it's fun and that's what celeberatin is all about πŸ˜‰
We forget about everything else when we have fun its like thats all we care about for these few minutes πŸ˜•
arre yaar, crackers are not that expensive!
Lakshmi pooja and all are the religious part of it, fireworks are usually the most fun and fav part of it πŸ˜› In my area, you will hear fireworks going on for the whole night on diwali and eid..and i can never get any sleep 😭 hehe..but the main thing is..its fun! 😊
But mythili, I am confused, how do fireworks reduce the population of creatures πŸ˜• we just dig something in the ground and put fire on the top lol..how is it affecting the creatures 😳 πŸ˜• please unconfuse me..

Tina xx

Originally posted by Groovychick

πŸ˜† Mythili..its not for crazy people..well I am crazy and I do fireworks πŸ˜• πŸ˜†
Fireworks its just a way to celeberate hapiness πŸ˜› yep, it may be a very crazy way lol..but it's fun and that's what celeberatin is all about πŸ˜‰
We forget about everything else when we have fun its like thats all we care about for these few minutes πŸ˜•
arre yaar, crackers are not that expensive!
Lakshmi pooja and all are the religious part of it, fireworks are usually the most fun and fav part of it πŸ˜› In my area, you will hear fireworks going on for the whole night on diwali and eid..and i can never get any sleep 😭 hehe..but the main thing is..its fun! 😊
But mythili, I am confused, how do fireworks reduce the population of creatures πŸ˜• we just dig something in the ground and put fire on the top lol..how is it affecting the creatures 😳 πŸ˜• please unconfuse me..

Tina xx

My dear Friend!!!

Hope I did'nt hurt you much!!!!!

See !!! The sound produced by the crackers they are never prepared according to the specified level of decibels of sound!!!!! This sound leads to sound pollution,sound pollution makes weak hearted people sing "Jiya Dhakdak Dhadak Jaye!!!!"

See the smoke !!!! This really creates somany  problems somany hazards!!!!So this smoke is Air pollution

Finally money!!!(Which I should'nt bother if those people can really efford to buy)The crackers are really costly nowadays!!!!! Instead of burning money on crackers we can spend them on quality things!!!

OK all these things sound crazy but these are my thoughts!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

My dear Friend!!!

Hope I did'nt hurt you much!!!!!

See !!! The sound produced by the crackers they are never prepared according to the specified level of decibels of sound!!!!! This sound leads to sound pollution,sound pollution makes weak hearted people sing "Jiya Dhakdak Dhadak Jaye!!!!"

See the smoke !!!! This really creates somany  problems somany hazards!!!!So this smoke is Air pollution

Finally money!!!(Which I should'nt bother if those people can really efford to buy)The crackers are really costly nowadays!!!!! Instead of burning money on crackers we can spend them on quality things!!!

OK all these things sound crazy but these are my thoughts!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Haila, ofcourse you didn't hurt me..i was just expressing what i thought😳😊

What i meant was, these things will always be there, the govt will not ban crackers because of these causes, I am not saying that they are not valid enough but yaar they get tax from it so why should they care?

But yes, it is now illegal to play with crackers after 12:00am, if they are heard and you are found after this time then you shall be sent to jail straight away so i think the govt is doing as much as they can na?πŸ˜•πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜†Jiya dhadak dhadak jayeπŸ˜†When it comes to issues like Global warming, Greenhouse effect and all we think a lot about our environment but we don't think with crackers because as I said, we do it all for fun!πŸ˜›We do not have the sense at that time to think, 'oh, by doing this I am causing pollution in the air' because we forget about everything..it's the time to celeberate and we usually think to ourselves..it's not everyday we do crackers, just on very special occasions..so chalta hain re..or so i think anyway..didn't mean to offend anyone😳

Tina xx

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

OMG Mythili. You almost gave me a coronary! For a moment I thought this thread is about Fardeen Khan.

Happy Diwali to all!

I'm missing Maryam!!!!Is'nt Ragging banned on DM!!!

I don't see any harm in bursting crackers. It should be left to individuals to decide it. Yes, efforts must be made to improve the quality of crackers i.e. less polluting and less noisy crackers. Patakhon ke bina Deepawali aisi hogi jaise Aatma bin Shareer.
Good post mythili. I am not fond of fire crackers and never used to go out on diwali as i hated noise..πŸ˜† but i think if others like it sure they should go ahead, however, it has too much air polution and noise pollution so having limited like instead of individual fire works at home they can have a show at one ground or something..

btw, Happy Diwali to all of you! 😊