Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Anu, we missed to gush about something on Ranjanji...
In curse and care, the way he asks for hot chocalate to his DIL..
Along with rasmalai, he is saying to her, if you are having some for urself, I will have some hot chocalate too... So sweet his demand for hot chocalate ...

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYOjOZunw30

I haven't read any of her works but every word of what she says is something I identify with tremendously, I cant say it beautifully like her, I don't make a living out of writing, I haven't been feted for it
so I will "borrow" and share

I was reading a Anand Giridhardas article on NYTimes during the lunch hour, he is married to a Priya Parker, Priya owns a (WHAT SEEMS TO ME) like a "fu fu" company called Thrive Labs, there was a link called ThriveLog on it, I found this YT video as part of it

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did
If any of you have read Zadie's works, let me know and share your thoughts
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYOjOZunw30

I haven't read any of her works but every word of what she says is something I identify with tremendously, I cant say it beautifully like her, I don't make a living out of writing, I haven't been feted for it
so I will "borrow" and share

I was reading a Anand Giridhardas article on NYTimes during the lunch hour, he is married to a Priya Parker, Priya owns a (WHAT SEEMS TO ME) like a "fu fu" company called Thrive Labs, there was a link called ThriveLog on it, I found this YT video as part of it

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did
If any of you have read Zadie's works, let me know and share your thoughts

Lovely clip that was. And I could connect to what she was saying more through you. It was her speaking but my identity to what that clip was about was you... I have an understanding of what SoSy does for you and how it makes you feel every day ...being part of this story , it's journey makes me feel as if I hv got the pulse of what it's all about for you.
I have not read any of her works.. I hv heard about the 'autograph man' but did not know until now that that's hers...every word of that speech was from the heart...
So many times you have out laid the same in your pages, albeit with different words but the essence is the same, half way thru the clip it was you talking to me through her...
Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Ashu you should stop scaring us all by saying that you'll call our managers😭

Ashu!

If only you had a manager... 😆
We'd all be calling him/her to report about you wandering the SoSy threads constantly (and your #BabyEater ways) 😛😆

And they'd get so tired of answering calls about you that they'd either fire you, or disconnect their phone lines. 🤣
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
(In)divisible Siblings😭

"WHAT happened?" "Is Raman OK?" he asked

II nodded and continued to cry

Ranjan was extremely distressed, he didnt know WHO to comfort first, "BETA" he ordered to both

Sam didnt even look at him, II walked up to her , she pushed II's hand off f her shoulder

"Nahi nilkul nahi, koi baat nahi karo tum mujhse"

"Will someone tell me?" Ranjan demanded
"Dad, Ummm" II began

Kya hua BETA are ur parents OK? where is the gudiya?" Ranjan asked

"Shes at home, with the nanny" Sam mumbled crying

"Kaun beemar hai what happened is it a car wreck? ITS OK Ishita batao beta"
"Umm"

He hit the intercom, it rang upstairs "Can u come down beta?"

in crisis he had actually ordered his son to come down

R&B showed with the bottle of beer, flip flops, cotton draw string pants and a crushed cotton tee of some sort with a insignia on it, faded and worn

"ya?" he asked

"What is going on?" he asked

R&B shrugged

"Poochiye apni laadli se," Sam mocked

"what did she do?"
II began crying softly again...
R&B was FURIOUS to see tears, to see it blow up like this, he hated drama of any kind

The Bhallas had given enough fodder to the papparazzis 4 years ago, enough to last a lifetime

His wife hadnt touched anything she had brought out of the frig... it sat there, she poured tea into the cups and handed to Sam and her father in law

"tumhe doon?" she asked

he had a DONT YOU DARE MAKE CONVERSATION WITH ME look
Ranjan: ishar aao beta. Did someone say something to you? ISNE kuch kaha? (giving R&B a angry glare)

II shook her head sending her jhumkas in a tizzy

"Phir KAUN puttar?" Ranjan begged

"U know what she did? She bought a Mac book pro and shipped it to Manny" she glared at her sis in law as she did that

Ranjan was stunned... "WHY?'

"NOBODY TELLS ME ANYTHING ANY MORE, the brother is speech impaired, sister tells me after shit hits the fan, there is NO MOTHER (Sam cried openly)
and sister in law is a reckless BRAT" sam was angry

II sat down on the kitchen dining chair, wiping tears away

"Kal naya saal shuru hua hai, and the women of the house are sobbing. Hey wahe guru yeh tussi kee kar ditta" Ranjan was pained

"I would look at other siblings and pat myself on the back, WE would NEVER be like that" Sam sobbed she thought about Dad and
Chachu, Chachu had stole millions from his older brother, and Ranjan had not said a word in 30 years... a mere stolen
laptop had torn open the emotional void between Ranjan's children??

"I am sorry...mujhe laga"

Ranjan walked over to her, handed water, "Sambhalo apni biwi ko" he turned to R&B and ordered went to his daughter

He blew air kisses to his daughter "Na na puttar, na" he cajoled her

R&B walked towards his wife  "She said it was lost so I bought it" she offered defense

He wanted to butcher her privately, so he didnt have anything to say now

"we are afterall JUST like every body else" "there is no love" Sam was so devastated at that discovery she cried uncontrollably

"No no! Shhh shhh! No you are not, you guys  are the closest kids I have ever witnessed"

"Manny accuses my brother's wife of misplacing her stuff, and she buys it for her and ships it secretly, we dont have an open relationship Dad" Sam argued

"Nahi puttar dont say that, Ishita is the best thing" Ranjan said

"You can say that after what I just told you?" Sam asked accusingly

Ranjan walked over to II "Beta yeh kya kar diya?" he shook his head

"She lost hers, she I mean I thought (II quickly covered up, not placing any blame on Manny) since it was lost after the visit for my party" "Its the right thing to do Dad"

"RIGHT and WRONG in a family puttar?" he asked shocked

II was ashamed  "Umm... I wasnt.. i know I wasnt trying to prove anything"

Sam walked over and stood by II
Her husband leaned on the wall by her one foot up...  "Keh usko kuch" Sam ordered

THANKS SAM!!!
HE WILL KILL ME TONITE
COME BY FOR RING SIDE SEATS AT 7 PM
2ND FLOOR,  C110 MALCHA MARG

"Did u talk with her?" Sam demanded

"I did" he muttered

Ii turned to him "Kya kaha"

"She needed some articles she had in there" he said flatly

"DID U TELL HER YOUR WIFE HAD SENT HER A NEW ONE?" Sam asked

Ranjan paced the kitchen... troubled... unable to understand how things can break down so much so fast

"I didnt know" he said throwing his wife under the bus

"You didnt tell HIM?" sam asked

II shook her head burying her face in her hands... "i felt bad her thing was lost so I just bought a new one" she sobbed

Ranjan dialed Manny it went to voice mail

"SO gayi hogi" Sam cursed

"Manny ne call kiya beta aapko?" he asked Sam

she nodded weakly "she said Ishita sent me a laptop, NOT SURE WHY"

Ii was stunned...

She realized Manny and her would not be best friends any time soon

"i had no idea iska kaarnama hai" Sam said poking her with a finger

"Bahut galat ho gaya" Ranjan grieved

He came to her... "Aage se koi bhi, YEH BHI, aapko kuch kahe aap mere paas aaogey" (you will come to me) Got it?

"Its not her fault, she lost a laptop its expensive" II began

Ranjan and Sam exchanged a look of "Is SOMETHING WRONG WITH HER? SERIOUSLY?"
R&B straightened from the wall and walked towards the back patio, disgusted

A 2 lakh rupee laptop was pocket change for the Bhallas, it broke II's already fragile finances but for them it was like a bag of cookies

"ask her to send it back aur isko deejiye" she ordered her Dad

Ranjan... "I dont understand you puttar" he said looking at II deeply

"Mujhe laga woh mujhse gussa hain" II said choking

"are u afraid of her?" Sam asked shocked

"Umm... ya... no.. mera matlab... nahi... umm.. u know" II did one of the things that drive her husband mad, since Sam wasnt used to it she pulled her hair
"Are U afraid of her Ishita?" she asked patiently

"Umm.." II mumbled

"Usne kuch KAHA kya kabhi isko?" she asked R&B

He was drilling holes into her head... "I spoke to Manny, she didnt"

"IS BAAT par nahi, PEHLE. Have they had any run ins?" sam begged sitting down by II

"I dont think so" he said JUST LIKE A MAN!! ARGHHH
 "I dont know" "I mean" he finished

"Tu baat nahi karta. iska khyaal nahi rakhta. they will think we make the bahu pay for losses?
what will we tell the Iyers? Hum unki beti ko aise treat kar rahe hain?" Sam  said in a "she belongs to them" tone
 She was extremely dejected

"She is my wife" (SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IYERS... ERMMM... EXCEPT FOR THAT LAST NAME;
 THE GORGEOUS SMOKING HOT LOOKS; THAT CARNATIC SINGING SHE DOES...THE GODDAMN CHIP ON THE SHOULDER AND THE f**kING PRIDE,
SHE IS ALL MINE, EVERY homicidal reckless inch of her belongs to ME)

"a wife thats afraid of your sister, or afraid of something, or questions her self worth" "I dont know" Sam bent her head rested on the table

"I just wanted to make things better" II gently soothed sam's hair

Sam immediately pushed her hand away  "Dont touch me Ishita, tumne mujhe aaj bahut naraaz kiya hai" she cried, II looked at Ranjan with pleading eyes

Ranjan: she is upset puttar (defending Sam), she wants you to be happy... khushi aur is ghar ka waasta khatam hai shaayad (choking)

II got up and went up, crying...

Her husband followed promptly to slaughter her

Ranjan sat in the chair where Ii was sitting moments ago, and father and daughter would begin to wonder where things went wrong

charlie1950 thumbnail
For the first time in this story this update
almost made me cry
It's all that manny fault
I hope in comin updates nisha makes manny apologise ll and cry buckets 😡

Ek to ghar pe rehti nahi , jo karna karti hai
aur zoban par koi control nahi. Go r&b sort
ur sister out
DesiUs_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful laptop updates Nisha.
You showed how one's insecurity and pride could blow simple situations out of proportion.
II sending laptop to Manny is certainly a hasty decision, but her reaction towards Manny's accusation is totally understandable.
Boy I loved Raman giving it back to Manny in a way she would understand. And it looked like he was not defending II because she is his wife, he would have done the same to anyone, who he thinks is not in the wrong. Raman definitely scored some browny points with me. To me his supporting II in his own way is more romantic than any steamy update.😳
You just showed how fragile relations are and how easily they can go sour because of ego and pride with these updates.
Good to see Raman softening towards his dad.
Hope Appa does not come to know about this. Ranjan and Sam are more scared of Appa.
If Appa comes to know, then it will be Raman who will be dealing with him😆. Ranjan is a softie, he won't be able to answer him.

Edited by DesiUs_fan - 9 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i was wondering from yesterday how sam and ranjan will react.the way now you showed is the perfect one for it.as that video woman zadie smith says clarity is what she aims for, you are in its best.you have created a hand full of characters who makes me wonder whether they are in real world and i am a fictional character...love you lady...Edited by ishruhi - 9 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I'm crying with them...😭.
The laptop seems to be so trivial now..it's the feelings that've taken center stage
Edited by Seriousreader - 9 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
The discomfort between II and Manny is out in the open... II was walking around eggshells around manny and by sending the laptop, she ended up popping it..
And Manny , pig headed as she is, instead of sorting it out with II stroked it by adding fuel to fire... She is demanding attention by calling Sam and sort of saying" see, I was not far off the mark when I said that II is not an angel, she has got a bigger agenda than what we think". In a way, II got sucked into the trap.

Sam, intuitive lady that she is knows that her sister and SIL have not hit it off well. Sam feels responsible in a way to hold the family together in her mothers absence.. She missed savvy the most today... She realises that the " family does not have it in them to survive one more "divisibility fall out" BR]
Not one day goes in peace for Ranjanji... But he lives on to fight another day... He is pained to see the ladies of his house in tears.
Now more grilling awaits II, one side of the iyer meat was grilled by cooking range in the kitchen and the other side will be grilled by the 'Monet'
And I have already bought the ring side seat.
Edited by Errantnomad - 9 years ago