Parud OS: The Lion

Posted: 8 years ago
Hi everyone!

So I know I am back after a very long time. I wanted to let you all know that I'm doing okay. I'm still very sick and in the hospital, but I finally have some energy. So I decided to write a little something. It's actually really random, and it probably sucks, but I decided to post it anyways. As for my FFs, I don't know when or if I will start them up again. Hopefully I will be able to once I fully recover, which will still be a ways away. Thank you all for your love, patience, and prayers. They mean the world to me :). I love you all. Without further ado, here is a small OS. 

The desert sands of Rajasthan whirl winded like mini tornados as the wheels of the dark, green BSD jeep treaded forward. The heat from the sun blazed on the barren land, beating in the face of the of man who had, once again, fought mercilessly to protect his people and his country. Now, heading towards what the place he could weakly consider home, Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat remained silent, unfazed by all around him, as he had always been. 

Suddenly, a colorful streak burst before the front of his jeep, causing him to slam on his brakes. The jeep swerved, but his gaze never faltered from the colorful streak that had, for the first time in his life, caught him off guard. It was then his eyes locked on it and only it. It was fabric. A red dupatta. As he came to a complete stop, Rudra caught sight of the owner, running to catch her possession like a child chasing after a butterfly. 

Apart from her actions, she was not a child. He could see that clearly. She dashed through the sands so effortlessly and gracefully that, if he had a heart, he would have swooned or been touched by the sight before him. But he was a man who had seen the darkest crevices and vices of the world, and nothing but a miracle would be able to move the lion. Yet, he watched her intently. 

She bore no smile on her face, only determination. Her long, brown hair flowed openly behind her, whipping around her as she reached out to catch her dupatta. It teased her as it caressed her fingers like a shadow, only to quickly dash away by a small gust of wind. The chiming of her anklets synchronized with the tinkle of her bangles. She held her white ghaghra and chased after the dupatta until it finally came within her grasp. It was then she stopped. She adjusted her dupatta on herself and then gauged her surroundings. It was then she noticed the man in the BSD jeep, who was now striding towards her with an intimidating expression.

Rudra was furious. He had known women were always trouble, and today was just proof of that. He had almost hit her because she was chasing after her dupatta?! Here? In the middle of the Rajasthan desert? This was not something the short-tempered BSD Major was going to take lightly.  As he removed his aviators, Rudra stopped before her, his fists clenched by his sides.

She brushed the strands of hair from her face as she suddenly spoke, "Please forgive me. I-."

"Have you gone mad?" he interrupted harshly. "Do you realize you could've been hit?"

"I'm sorry I didn't realize I-."

"You would've died trying to get a piece of fabric? Foolish woman."

The woman looked at the man, knowing whatever she said would not matter. The man before her was in no state of mind to listen to what she had to say. She wouldn't be able to explain to him that she was taking a shortcut through to her village, and a breeze took her dupatta. Nor could she tell him that the dupatta was a special gift from her mami-sa, and she simply would die before parting with it. Therefore, she remained silent and simply did the only thing she could. Sensing the impending rage that would continue, she turned on her heels and walked away. 

He stood for a moment, stunned. How dare she turn away from him? How dare she walk away when he was talking to her? Blinded by the rage as a result of her boldness, Rudra reached out to her. However, as soon as his finger had touched her shoulder, the most unexpected thing happened. The women whipped around faster than lightning, the bangles on her wrists clashed like thunder. Rudra now stood with a sleek, pristine, silver gun pointed directly at him. He dropped his hand and stared at the woman, transfixed. Her hazel eyes bore into him, both questioning and daring him. She didn't smile. She simply waited for him to make a move. 

Rudra didn't know when he, too, had drawn his weapon and aimed it at her. It was the unconscious instinct within him as an officer. However, the two now stood in a deadlock, guns aimed, eyes ablaze, and an unknown burning amidst the already-brazen heat. He now observed her in a different light. He could that this was not an ordinary woman; she had experienced more than she would ever tell. And she could see the blackness in his eyes, one that comes from an innocence that was untimely and cruelly snatched. It was something he knew all too well. In the time the sun had almost receded beyond the horizon, the two had stood silently reading each other, drinking in their secrets. What they were both now waiting for was who would be the first to lower their weapon. 

The two simultaneously lowered their weapons. He returned his to his holster, while she tucked hers away under her dupatta. She turned around slowly and took a few steps before stopping and looking over her shoulder at the BSD Major. He still stood there, watching her.

"I am not a foolish woman, Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat," she said. "And I hope you will remember that."

Rudra remained silent, but gave a small nod. 

"And...my name is Parvati."

With that, she turned, grabbed her ghagra, and was gone. He, too, went back to his jeep and continued forth to his original destination as though nothing had happened. But he knew that something did happen. Something that could not be undone. 

The lion had found his lioness. 

That's it. Let me know what you think by leaving your comments and feedback below. 

Thanks for reading! Love you all!

Hi.. Welcome back Alyssa.. Hw r u...

Nice OS... Angry Rudra and fierce Paro.. Loved it..

Thank you for the PM..Edited by Cutemithra - 8 years ago
Nice OS. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
wow dis is a pleasant surprise... nice to know tht u r good to write an os... my wishes for u to get well soon... nd abu d os it was really nice Paro an equal to Rudra... enjoyed it...😊
It was beautiful...write more...hope you are up & about soon...all the best.
Paro with gun ? Wonderful. Glad you are fine to write an OS. Take care dear
Amazing! I loved it! 
Wishing you good health and a speedy recovery

happy to see u back πŸ˜ƒ
good OS..Get well soon 
Good to see you back 😊
Wish you speedy recovery and its a good story.. i really liked it.
Paro as fierce, bold and beautifull lioness.. and
When two equal clash.. their has to be some 'Roar' πŸ˜‰
welcome backπŸ€—
loved the os, uff the intensity, could easily picture the scene
just take of your health first, will wait for you to get better firstπŸ˜ƒ