Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Ashu & Hershey: LOVE YOU BOTH. I am thinking you love the story too, and were just kidding around with me. I provoke Bollywood enough already on this topic, Bollywood and mean Desis, (Ive carefully left out YHM and Ishita Bhalla if y'all noticeπŸ˜†) so I hope all of us can be besties...😳

Shilpa: Dog is Subbu... she hates him from the core of her heart. Speaking of mean Desis, Shilpa I didnt know about the IAS Officer Ram's suicide, at St John's Woods. My biggest negative memory of living there was majority phony women that lived there. ALL Desis, NONE would smile or talk when they saw you in the elevator, lobby or walking path or swing set.  In my US Gaon we even greet strangers at traffics stops, so I would smile and greet freely. I would always get a dirty look backπŸ˜†

I STRICTLY wore salwar suits and bindi and flowers in the hair. I mean I was "Starving" for 10 years here, those 9 months gave me a chance to dress up. NO Desi woman would dress in Indian clothes, even expats that lived there would dress in a kurti or a suit, nope but not Desi women...πŸ˜ƒ its their "choice" I agree. But I had many women frequently ask me "if I knew of any other nanny that spoke Hindi and Tamil"πŸ˜† coz those kannada &  tamil girls would be in suits.  I would only talk with them, they were sweet and engaging...

No Mom would ever accompany her kid to the play set always send them with nanny only , I always wandered down with my boy,... they would dress in fancy work out clothes chatπŸ˜†  I had two Nepali guys helping us, because of certain family requirements, I would chat with them all the time... in Hindi... they just slotted meπŸ˜†. My husband would be appalled he would say "WHY cant you wear clothes u wear back home?"  People think you are a nanny" I be like "Nah!! This is more fun... it doesnt cost a dime and I get to be entertained"πŸ˜†

Swathi: Egg hunt is usually a 3.5 minute thing, πŸ˜† U say "ready set go" moonu nimishathula they are inside😑 how ever "impossible to find" area I hide them they get it some how and are back in

EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nisha! You have an amazing memory! And your anecdotes are funny. πŸ˜Š

I wish I had such good memory. I am on the other end of the spectrum. Just can't remember routine things. Good in a way because I have less bad memories but bad in a way because I need reminders! πŸ˜†
dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ohk I had to share this..I went to South moti bagh yday at a friend's place and opposite of it I could see shanti niketan board so I asked her where it is and she told me it's the other side and they have some awesome houses in there and all the while I could only think of was this story...I was like W*F is happening...ur story is addictive nishaaa
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: EnVee

Nisha! You have an amazing memory! And your anecdotes are funny. πŸ˜Š

I wish I had such good memory. I am on the other end of the spectrum. Just can't remember routine things. Good in a way because I have less bad memories but bad in a way because I need reminders! πŸ˜†

I have a terrible memory too, but in 9 months if you get asked at least 20 times "which kid do you care for" "which floor do you work in" you cant forgetπŸ˜†  Fortunately or unfortunately Ive never held the job of a nanny, or a maid, being the object of such enquiries, cant be forgotten illeya? I make friends very easily, but in those 9 months I made less than 5 within the complex. A American was blogging about St Johns Wood I found, incidentally she even was in the same building as ours I would see her in the  elevator and told her I found her blog useful. Another Mom from Spore that had two boys, an Iyer... who at every opp would tell me "she was from Spore". I went to invite her boys, who were much older than my kid then, for my kid's Bday at the Indira Nagar Pizza Hut, her Dad opened the door with the chain lock, and heard me out and shut the door on my face saying "Yes yes I will tell her, she is a dance teacher she is very busy you know"πŸ˜•

II's Appa is an amalgam of many Iyer Appas that I have had the good fortune to meet along the wayπŸ˜‰

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Nisha i live less than a kilometer from John Wood...your love for india and
the tambram life comes out so strongly in what you write...Thacchukanuma...thachimammu...it brings a smile on my face...i miss the Madras in the chennai i see...i understand the aloofness you are referring to...i find it every time i visit another country...i find when you meet an Indian outside India they turn their faces away except on one occasion when a parent of a school i Visited in UK invited us to her home and cooked a meal for us:)

Though you stay off reference to the soap i was reminded of your Firecracker when Ishitha wore it in the recent episode...and it brought a smile.
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Chal jaldi hi we will make him aware of her being sick, Bday bhi karte hain, her advising Ranjan I AM EXTREMELY SQUEAMISH on this one I will totally honest here. It will make her a soap bahu instantaneously. Thats terrifying, and brings back scary memories for me😭 I DONT want her to be a soap bahu you know, I keep the separation very very firm and clear.Yes R&B will have to get involved some how, lets do something on that angle. It would be more legitimate,The female lead being "the smartest, most "sensible-est" most courageous, most "rational-est" "most mature-est" is plainly put mighty IRRITATING.😑 Lets just keep her bordering on insane when it comes to relationships..  R&B and Ranjan, know each other way longer than II has known them, I dont want to hand II the keys to the "smartness factory" then it will become all about canonizing her.

THANK YOU for staying up to worry about your characters. I am truly fortunate
😳

No no please don't make II into some sacrificing larger than life, all knowing mother india Bahu types...it will totally ruin everything. Completely agree. I guess I didn't word  the question well. II we all know has a head over her shoulders, is smart and intelligent and since she is not directly involved in the mess  can perhaps see things from a third persons perspective, which others can't being so emotionally invested in this. I was therefore asking from this point of view. 
I as you and many others simply can't stomach the plain stupidity that goes in the name of tale telling on TV these days...so yes can't have our charters behave that way.
CHEERS and waiting for next complete with perhaps some interesting cube/ office romance. 
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Hey Ashu
Sach me got offended kya ???

Sorry re...I started something playful and didn't know when it went out of hand...😭 πŸ˜­

Come soon re...There is sooo much more for us to discuss...πŸ˜†

swathi1990 thumbnail
Nish
I was thinking of the bigger egg hunds conducted in parks...They are some groups here which would conduct it for kids in big big parks and kids will be running around...It would be sooo cute to see all those chubby gora kids...πŸ˜†
swathi1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: srividyamouli

Hey Nisha i live less than a kilometer from John Wood...your love for india and
the tambram life comes out so strongly in what you write...Thacchukanuma...thachimammu...it brings a smile on my face...i miss the Madras in the chennai i see...i understand the aloofness you are referring to...i find it every time i visit another country...i find when you meet an Indian outside India they turn their faces away except on one occasion when a parent of a school i Visited in UK invited us to her home and cooked a meal for us:)

Though you stay off reference to the soap i was reminded of your Firecracker when Ishitha wore it in the recent episode...and it brought a smile.

Actually I have always felt the opposite here...

Whenever I see a desi in US specifically in a region where there are not much desis, the smile that appears in their face is priceless...It is like the feeling of just coming to our country itself u know...someone whom u can relate to, mainly talk to in ur own language...

The small group of desis here in my place went out of their way in helping me to settle here..Right from showing the grocery stores to how to prevent ur smoke alarm going off often...

I see the camaraderie and love growing when u actually miss  ur country...
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

I have a terrible memory too, but in 9 months if you get asked at least 20 times "which kid do you care for" "which floor do you work in" you cant forgetπŸ˜†  Fortunately or unfortunately Ive never held the job of a nanny, or a maid, being the object of such enquiries, cant be forgotten illeya? I make friends very easily, but in those 9 months I made less than 5 within the complex. A American was blogging about St Johns Wood I found, incidentally she even was in the same building as ours I would see her in the  elevator and told her I found her blog useful. Another Mom from Spore that had two boys, an Iyer... who at every opp would tell me "she was from Spore". I went to invite her boys, who were much older than my kid then, for my kid's Bday at the Indira Nagar Pizza Hut, her Dad opened the door with the chain lock, and heard me out and shut the door on my face saying "Yes yes I will tell her, she is a dance teacher she is very busy you know"πŸ˜•

II's Appa is an amalgam of many Iyer Appas that I have had the good fortune to meet along the wayπŸ˜‰

That's true. I also agree that Bangalore has changed from what it was. Being polite to everyone is not something you find easily these days. Sadly. Veenn jambam they say, no? Plenty.