Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Super menu Anu,at my place went for swath's fav. Paruppu thogayal, milagu kuzhambu, uralai roast and pudalangai kootu... No space for dinner in my tummy...

Oh god...courier me re...now ekathula i am going to call my mom and cry πŸ˜­
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Oh god...courier me re...now ekathula i am going to call my mom and cry😭

Sure...My husband asked me today... This after so long... I said one of our colony mates came out with this menu...it's her favorite and it's ours too. So conforting it was Swa... Was thinking of you during lunch...
swathi1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Sure...My husband asked me today... This after so long... I said one of our colony mates came out with this menu...it's her favorite and it's ours too. So conforting it was Swa... Was thinking of you during lunch...

Sooo sweet...i am feeling sooo happy reading this πŸ˜Š
swathi1990 thumbnail
EN
Nothing can beat our south indian food re...sigh !!!!!

Antha rusi ethulayum varathu ... 

Specially sat and sunday after having full meals and slightly thachinda...life is bliss...
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

EN

Nothing can beat our south indian food re...sigh !!!!!

Antha rusi ethulayum varathu ...

Specially sat and sunday after having full meals and slightly thachinda...life is bliss...

On a trip, if we are driving, I always take my rice cooker and make pongal mix or upma mix ... Add water, leave it to cook and go for sight seeing... Mainly dinner... Lunch is always out amidst sight seeing...Would hv loved to but No thatchi for me... Had to go to costco... Long overdue... Just got bk... If it's a holiday where it's a flight , then come bk home and the first thing I do is take a shower and hit cooking with VK and pepper rasam...
DesiUs_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

so true!!! actually more potential when they stay in Delhi it will be so much fun for the underdog R&B to topple the robber .chachu clan gosh i juuust cant wait for it like I couldnt wait for the wedding 😳

Yes. If by some miracle Raman decides to takeover Ranjan's business he can diversify the business into other areas which he is interested in. He need not stick to just selling cars.
He can also keep a check on the likes like Chachu. But I do not see that mindset nor the street smartness that is needed to survive in India in Raman.
He does not have to look down upon his father's business. His father is extremely successful at what he is doing . It does not matter whether he is selling cars or safety pins or underwear, there is no denying the fact that his business is giving livelihood to many families.
Waiting to see how Nisha handles this complicated father son relationship.

Hats off Nisha, You created such complicated situation ( Ranjan's scandal) , very early on in the story . The situation is so delicate, it is hard to decide who to side with.
swathi1990 thumbnail
Hey nish
I was Reading prev chapters...thats wen remembered...

Wen is he going to teach her french and tennis ??? Deal was a song per class...

Though i guess now r&b would want smething else πŸ˜‰
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OK Saturday madness subsided update in an hour. I am basically commenting based on this page alone, havent read the previous ones, I dont think I updated index either.

DUF, he is extremely detached, he is not symbolically sending a message to Ranjan or punishing him or making sure Chachu can feel his stone cold vibes etc. He is not interested and he is OK with them carrying on discussions with out him...

EN & Swathi. Yep nothing like home cooked meal after a trip though. Dal chawal or sambar rice... or some such thing... my husband unfortunately wont let me carry any cooking supplies of any kind... on any of my trips. In the 18+ years only when parents have visited I have carried a tiny rice cooker warna, bahar khao aur room mein aa kar so jao. He will say "4 din Desi khana nahi khaayegi to kya hoyega?" So never got into the habit. I live in the middle of no man's land so unless we go to Portland or CA, no Indian restaurants either... aadat ho gayi ab to😭

But finding vegetarian is extremely difficult in  tiny diners across the West... "no chicken stock, no beef stock, no pork stock, no eggs"...πŸ˜† if you list all that they come back with "We can do french fries for ya but then we fry chicken nuggets and fish sticks in the same oil
"πŸ˜•

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Any idea when is the next update!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DesiUs_fan

Excellent analysis of bhalla family. Most rich families will get their relatives involved in key positions and they turn blind eye to the embezzling and other illegal activities of these so called relatives. But they will not tolerate outsiders doing the same thing. Probably Ranjan is doing the same. In these huge family owned businesses , after they reach certain point it is difficult to keep track of each and every transaction. That is when they start relying on close family and other relatives.
If those relatives are crooks, they won't think twice before biting the hand that is feeding them.
Such are rich people woes.

YEARS ago I worked for a Mom & Pop type enterprise in Delhi, the owner's sister was divorced, she had some kinda laughable "just for the heck of it- I am here to waste my time-I know squat- " type position. She would show up dressed up like a movie star, and talk to her nanny all day that was watching her lil4 or 5 year old at her PARENTS HOUSE. I am very well aware of "ghar ki baat hai" type misappropriations.

No I am not slamming Delhi I dont have an agenda. I happen to love Delhi a lot. If I had worked in Chennai for a similar company I would have the same conclusion. Not culture is angelic and pious
πŸ˜ƒ 
Here Ranjan is pretty much a one man show. He for whatever reason will not slow down, whatever leaks will be picked up by the chhotey log in bowls and katoris