Ye Hai Mohabbatein

SS12 Movers & Shakers on 147 - Page 16

DesiUs_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This is for Ashu/Swathi on their reply to my post in SS11.
Sorry for late reply. I know , I am too slow for SOSY threads. I am not multi tasker like Nisha ๐Ÿ‘. My mind is single processor, single thread application.

About the topic, RB cannot be casually entertaining his exes at home now that he is married and that too to a girl from a very  different background from him. He knows that and everybody pretty much drilled that into him. Appa interviewed him for half day asking about his past, whether he had any children from his affairs, clearly expressing his disapproval. Sam many times told him to be careful with II. Tan made sure that he cleared M's stuff from his apt . Sam and Tan clearly want to protect II from his past and they are from high society. II herself many times mentioned M.
RnB is a shrewd guy. He by now should have understood her plight and should try not to put her through that misery.
Reason I brought up RB's take on Ranjan's scandal is, he could have easily moved on from it as the scandals are not uncommon in their society ( my knowledge here is strictly restricted to gossip columns). But he did not.This shows he is a sensitive guy.Then why is he being particularly thick headed about this. Should II be ok with M being there in all their gatherings? Should she start giving M music lessons?
Anyway this is just to reply to your replies. I made peace with M situation.๐Ÿ˜Š

Ashu,

You seem to be a cheerful happy go lucky person.  Keep up the attitude.
You are the life of these threads๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ashu25

So its song gushing and lyrics now. 

Bring it on ladies,  give me more reasons and songs to add to my loop! 

Ilayaraja is my all time fav music composer 
I do not know much about the lyricists in Tamil,  but music connects us all is what I feel!!! 

Arey there are tons re ranging from very old, semi old and new ones...in the very old i like athan enathan...then in semi old almost all ilayaraja mohan songs...aparam yesudoss and spb like malare mounama,enna satham intha neram, anthi mazhai...there is one big list there... 

And now i only like thamarai's songs...
RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ashu25

So its song gushing and lyrics now. 

Bring it on ladies,  give me more reasons and songs to add to my loop! 

Ilayaraja is my all time fav music composer 
I do not know much about the lyricists in Tamil,  but music connects us all is what I feel!!! 

Songs are my weakness...  so I have to get into this discussion now...๐Ÿ˜›

I was actually gushing about the  father daughter version of  'Unakenna Venum Sollu'  the other day  with my mom and was mentioned how happy I was about the 'sollu' pronunciation (because I've heard it wrong sooo many times) and we got into a discussion about Tamil music today. Our conclusion: Illaiyaraja, Vairamuthu & Kamal are keeping Tamil alive in the Cine industry, because even when they speak it's pure, beautiful Tamil.

The saddest thing is that Illaraja is so serious about pronunciations and his son, YSR ... gawd, it's like he doesn't even care... have you heard the way he pronounces things in his songs? ๐Ÿคข 

I am a lyric fiend though- I'll listen to Anirudth and all of them... and cringe sometimes, but the classics have the meaning  and people like Thamarai, Mathan Karky, Na Muthukumar make me believe there is still possibility for good, deep music.  We'll never get another Kannadaasan or Bharati... but atleast there are still those that care about the language...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

But I so agree with you about music speaking to the soul...in the end it's all about the pheels!๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by RomComFan - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DesiUs_fan

This is for Ashu/Swathi on their reply to my post in SS11.
Sorry for late reply. I know , I am too slow for SOSY threads. I am not multi tasker like Nisha ๐Ÿ‘. My mind is single processor, single thread application.

About the topic, RB cannot be casually entertaining his exes at home now that he is married and that too to a girl from a very  different background from him. He knows that and everybody pretty much drilled that into him. Appa interviewed him for half day asking about his past, whether he had any children from his affairs, clearly expressing his disapproval. Sam many times told him to be careful with II. Tan made sure that he cleared M's stuff from his apt . Sam and Tan clearly want to protect II from his past and they are from high society. II herself many times mentioned M.
RnB is a shrewd guy. He by now should have understood her plight and should try not to put her through that misery.
Reason I brought up RB's take on Ranjan's scandal is, he could have easily moved on from it as the scandals are not uncommon in their society ( my knowledge here is strictly restricted to gossip columns). But he did not.This shows he is a sensitive guy.Then why is he being particularly thick headed about this. Should II be ok with M being there in all their gatherings? Should she start giving M music lessons?
Anyway this is just to reply to your replies. I made peace with M situation.๐Ÿ˜Š

Ashu,

You seem to be a cheerful happy go lucky person.  Keep up the attitude.
You are the life of these threads๐Ÿ˜Š

ALL Valid questions

Yes II is not a moron, the next time she sees M she will not be quiet either
Maybe he is trying to get her to react? to admit he bothers her, he wants to see and feel the II behind the veneer? He knows a hot blooded passionate chick lurks behind that pretend high society wife... II should not be OK II should not be asked to accept and grin and bear it

Fully agree DUSF๐Ÿ˜ƒ
swathi1990 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: RomComFan

I was actually gushing about the  father daughter version of  'Unakenna Venum Sollu'  the other day  with my mom and was mentioned how happy I was about the 'sollu' pronunciation (because I've heard it wrong sooo many times) and we got into a discussion about Tamil music today. Our conclusion: Illaiyaraja, Vairamuthu & Kamal are keeping Tamil alive in the Cine industry, because even when they speak it's pure, beautiful Tamil.

The saddest thing is that Illaraja is so serious about pronunciations and his son, YSJ ... gawd, it's like he doesn't even care... have you heard the way he pronounces things in his songs? ๐Ÿคข 

I am a lyric fiend though- I'll listen to Aniruth and all of them... and cringe sometimes, but the classics have the meaning  and people like Thamarai, Mathan Karky, Na Muthukumar make me believe there is still possibility fo good , deep music.  We'll never get another Kannadaasan or Bharati... but atleast there are still those that care about the language...

But I so agree with you about music speaking to the soul...in the end it's all about the pheels!๐Ÿ˜‰

Totally understand ur rant...i have felt the same...nowadays music tend to drown the words...absolutely no poetry...i like tamarai and na muthukumar...they both are the only principled writers saving the tamil songs...madan karky is ok...but i dont like too much english words in his songs...somehow i cant enjoy the songs for just music...for me lyrics is as important... It gives a meaning to the song and for me that is actually the key to make it an all time fav
RomComFan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AraBearxx

On my reading list.

Darling, are you stalking me now?๐Ÿ˜›  On WA and  now IF too? 

Told you about this one way back when remember? You can read it once your exam is over... now get back to studying... gooo! You have one  tomorrow! Did you forget?
Edited by RomComFan - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail

The saddest thing is that Illaraja is so serious about pronunciations and his son, YSR ... gawd, it's like he doesn't even care... have you heard the way he pronounces things in his songs? ๐Ÿคข 

I am a lyric fiend though- I'll listen to Anirudth and all of them... and cringe sometimes, but the classics have the meaning  and people like Thamarai, Mathan Karky, Na Muthukumar make me believe there is still possibility for good, deep music.  We'll never get another Kannadaasan or Bharati... but atleast there are still those that care about the language...
๐Ÿ˜ƒ

exactly!! Naa full aa agree panren RCF
I am possibly dating myself here by saying this but yes, Ilayaraja, Kannadasan were gold, I JUST DONT GET kolaveri type songs... leave alone lyrics, that takes a lot of thoughtfulness to pen, but the MELODY is TERRIBLE!!
KAMAL IS EXTREMELY PARTICULAR ABOUT SPEAKING READING AND WRITING PERFECTTT TAMIZH

Tamilians unfortunately I find are the MOST ashamed in speaking their language correctly
I meet so many 20 somethings in my city that will jump up and tell me, "OH I DONT READ OR WRITE" Edo periya Nobel Prize kudukkanum nu edirpaarpo ennamo I dont know

I was raised mostly in Delhi, I can read write and speak better than many Tamizh teachers... I bring half a suitcase of Tamil mags and read on Sat afternoons. I know of more Tamilians that are proud of their Hindi connection than their knowldge of knowing Tamil

Something about our language I guess๐Ÿ˜ญ

I constantly search for Nithyasree or Hariharan or SPB or Bombay Jayashree songs to use for this tale because theirs is atleast a blend of Carnatic and with good lyrics

When you know you dont fit in is when the whole class is standing up to applaud and you are sitting in the corner seat wondering what just happened

Hindi is in a worse shape actually... deplorable is also a mild word for it๐Ÿ˜ญ
Agenda? ABSOLUTELY!! But Yes R&B and II will not be subject to that if I can help it

RomComFan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: swathi1990

Totally understand ur rant...i have felt the same...nowadays music tend to drown the words...absolutely no poetry...i like tamarai and na muthukumar...they both are the only principled writers saving the tamil songs...madan karky is ok...but i dont like too much english words in his songs...somehow i cant enjoy the songs for just music...for me lyrics is as important... It gives a meaning to the song and for me that is actually the key to make it an all time fav

Agreed... I just don't understand why one of the oldest , most beautiful languages in the world isn't good enough... they have to mix in English to make it cool and appealing?๐Ÿ˜ก  And these days so many songs with 'slang' in them... and I understand nothing because all these 'versions of Tamil' seem to have no Tamil in them... sometimes I feel like I'm listening to a foreign language...๐Ÿ˜ญ

Nisha0604 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: msusheela

Absolutely adorable song.!!! ๐Ÿ‘Nisha your choice of song is highly commendable. What a lyrics. OMG.. completely floored. It is in repeat mode in my playlist...

I m from OLD School too when it comes to music and lyrics... I always go for ilayaraja, RDB for Melodies. and for Lyrics its Vairamuthu. The Latest addition being Madan Karky and Thamarai...I prefer Thamizh songs for lyrics ...I know Im kind of biased in this ๐Ÿ˜‰... Im Waiting to hear II singing another song to add to my playlist๐Ÿ˜Š.. I would like to know if she sings some Ilayaraja melodies ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh! Paada vekkalame!! Ilayaraja is an easy choice, DELIGHTFUL in fact. If you had asked me to make her sing some Simbu or Arya song I would be stumped... I have no clue... Ilayaraja... romba besha paada vekkalam๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I just Googled it ma, I cant claim to have loved this song for 6 months or anything๐Ÿ˜ญ I JUST HEARD IT FOUR HOURS AGO๐Ÿ˜ญ Can you suggest any more Taamarai songs for me please?

You,  RCF, Sakura... any other Tamizh lovers? Please?
swathi1990 thumbnail

Agreed... I just don't understand why one of the oldest , most beautiful languages in the world isn't good enough... they have to mix in English to make it cool and appealing?๐Ÿ˜ก  And these days so many songs with 'slang' in them... and I understand nothing because all these 'versions of Tamil' seem to have no Tamil in them... sometimes I feel like I'm listening to a foreign language...๐Ÿ˜ญ

I think that is why most of the songs are popular for some time during their release and they quickly fade out these days...whereas the old songs are still popular and stand out...i can still hear athan enathan song even though i was not even born during that time...they produced evergreens those days...i dont want to talk about todays songs at all...donno whether it is only me...