Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arooshee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Awww...what a wonderful update yaar...loved every bits of it...R&B ka khudka kid jab hoga he ll be surely be able to see the pain of Ranjan..he loves his son so much...
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sosy journey is every second so worth... 300 is the  testimony to that. Kuddos to you Nisha for 300 beautiful updates👏 ... and this particular one - another to add to the list of unforgettable ones! Simply outstanding !

Ranjan  -  a chained father , bound in shackles of distrust  - pained and grasping at straws looking for a sliver of response from his son...

R&B - a deep deep cauldron of buried emotions...

II - the catalyst

This has got to be one of the most complex relations in Sosy -  a dynamic trinity, bound and yet not...

Ranjan's reaching out and holding back at the same time,  tugs the heartstrings - big time... and today was the pinnacle

SushSathisha thumbnail
too good just out of words for this sentence
Ranjan sat on the swing... shaking... a smile broke out that strangely brought tears, he let his phone be on his lap and cried
Looked at the glowing screen a dozen times... touching his son's words... like holding his son's hand on the beach... tight... various beaches from Australia to Aruba
DesiUs_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Congrats on 300th update Nisha. Totally unexpected, Most emotional update.
You successfully made us feel sad for rich folks miseries. 😭. Especially Ranjan's part. You wrote is so well, his sadness is almost palpable.Sam is a sweetheart. she is such a caring,sensitive and intelligent woman.
And II , behind that facade of childishness, is also matured and understanding woman.
Appa wanted her to go to DII and Raman wanted her to go to Shantiniketan. This situation reminds me of my own, except in my case my mom takes Appa's place and my MIL/husband takes Raman's place. I could totally relate to it and like me II chose to go to Raman's😊.
I like Raman's work ethics. When we are running our own business, we have to be there when needed, unless it is completely unavoidable as in Sukrit's case.
Raman is missing his Rukmini and is expressing in his own way😊. It is adorable how they are trying to pull each other's legs in their own unique way and Raman is always one step ahead of II.

Edited by DesiUs_fan - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RomComFan

Again, wow... the reunion were  just as amazing as i expected...poor Ranjan...loved that reunion. 

It's like he was waiting for her as long as his son was, to bring back the life into his home... Loved his hesitant recollections, says a lot about the relationship  then and now, and all the distance and yearning in between...😒

She is bringing them together without even trying...they are both willing to cross invisible boundaries to make her happy.  Loved that image of both II & Rajan crying, both yearning for the affection from the same  man- a vry poignant scene.  I can't stand the thought of any father crying, it breaks me a little more then a mother's cries TBH, because  of the level of vulnerability and heartbreak it implies... and this is no different. 

Well done Nisha, that's all i can say,   the beautiful mix of heartache and hope in  these 'separation' updates is just so beautiful. 

Here's to another 300?  What do you say?🤣

Yep unwittingly she made them TEXT EACH OTHER, an impossible feat otherwise under any other circumstances😭 
THANKS FOR THE SOORYA GIF LOU IT
I hope to keep writing too... who knows where this journey will take us😃
Its therapeutic for me
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Madam writer, I wanted to write something after reading 300 but I was struggling with words on a blank note akin to a painter struggling with colors on a white canvas and so here I am to let these quotes do the talking...

"Son, you outgrew my hand, but never my heart"-
Ranjan

"That was when the world wasn't so big and I could see everywhere. It was when my father was a hero and not a human."
R&B

"Perhaps host and guest is really the happiest relation for father and son"
Sam
( it's another matter that the host feels like a guest in his own nest)

"The woman who bore him is no longer alive but I seem to be their daughter in increasingly profound ways"
II

"The relationship between reader and characters is very difficult. It is even more peculiar than the relationship between the writer and his characters."

Errantnomad on 300,Madam writer , SoSy and her characters.
👍🏼

WOW!! SO NICE... my most favorite one being the blue

THANK YOU VERY MUCH😃
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
300 (yet to read the comments so sorry if i have repeated stuff)

LLLoved it ever bit of it.
First i was going alll this is so cute on their phone texts its always perfect and u make it perfecter each time like thats even possible but it is cause right now this was my fav text between them .. his lasya longing and asking for if she is teething

Then the SAm /II convo perfect and her deciding to go to MM again one of those things that i knew would happen, she would cry , but she would stay in MM and make MM the funnest most happy place there is in Delhi not OOT type but the cooker sounding one 😳

By now i was all gushing mode but wasnt prepared for the Ranjan one OMG
sooo perfect i have wanted this for so long , i knew this would happen , i knew she would bring the 2 R's closer and knew that they would care for her like she was a queen but what you made me read on a monday morning was beyond anything i imagined it was so sweet, so natural.. I always have a thing for R&B and shruthi box my most romantic thing was him holder her shruti box in that shringeri temple and now one waiting for her a new beginging !!!
and Ranjan trying to fix it so cute can u imagine a guy like Ranjan trying to fix one ..

Lovely nisha ..the 300 update couldnt have been more perfect..
And also need to know what Ranjan did in second floor!!
sarsyed thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Congo for hitting 300 Nisha...the excitement and curiosity being same or I can say more than the 1st one..👏

Great efforts n time lady..u hv loads of patience to tolerate all of us ..u r a sweetheart Nisha..❤️

Love the way u give us the updates so religiously

Btw ab bachonn ki baat ho rahi thi toh I was thinking II shuld hv twins🥳 ...imagine she didnt even want 1 n she gets 2...wuld be awesome😳🤣
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sarsyed

Congo for hitting 300 Nisha...the excitement and curiosity being same or I can say more than the 1st one..👏

Great efforts n time lady..u hv loads of patience to tolerate all of us ..u r a sweetheart Nisha..❤️

Love the way u give us the updates so religiously

Btw ab bachonn ki baat ho rahi thi toh I was thinking II shuld hv twins🥳 ...imagine she didnt even want 1 n she gets 2...wuld be awesome😳🤣

i was thinking the same too, i want her to have 3 kids 2 boys 1 girl ,twin boys followed by girl :-)
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Bougainvilleas & Hippies

He had called her, once at night on hearing from Ranjan
She found it when she woke in the morning
"Did u call?" she texted
She was on her way to work, he called back at 7:40ish, she answered because she was not driving his driver was driving her despite much protest

"Whats going on?" he asked

"On my way to work" she said in a sleep drugged voice, since she hadnt spoken much since morning,
just checked on Ranjan he was still asleep at 7 ish...

"Hey" he said softly

"Arent you supposed to be asleep?" she demanded

"Not quite" he said

Why didnt u call?" he asked
"Umm... I went to bed" she lied

"I was fine" she lied "I went to D II saw Periappa... Amma loved the books I got for her.. I brought idlis home Dad and I ate on the back patio"
and she stopped

"Did u sing?" he asked
"HOW did u know?" she gushed

He smiled dryly she knew

"I mean I did.." she said "I sang three kritis... u know my favorite Annamacharya and Deekshithar ones,
Amma is going to not like it, I dont practice the new ones much any more... its like I am still 22 or 20 I should say... thats in my college song notebook" she said giggling

Pause...
"I am OK" she said reaffirming she wasnt

"did u go to your lessons yesterday?"

"NOOO!!" she denied... "Dont pretend to be all caring" she began to cry

He let her cry for a bit she wasnt sure what was going on, she wasnt ready to tell him

"U had a big sabotage plan didnt you" he interjected

She laughed sniffling... "Since I told you already the genius I am... I cant put into action" "Gotta come up with something else"

"U'll do it" he voiced his confidence
She nodded agreeing, wiping away her tears... staring out at the famous Gurgaon Delhi border bottleneck

"they fixed my car... Dad's not telling me how much it costed, since Dhyan gave them Dad's number for Contact"

U shud get on a payment plan of sorts then" he bit out silkily, since she did that well

"Meann!!" she accused

"With Sam, him (not saying Ranjan or Dad)"

"Well Shravu demanded noodles  Akka will kill him if she finds out.
I HAVE to scold him. We dont eat Taj Man Singh noodles as a Saturday snack. Its excessive and tantrum-UY" she finished passionately with a cooked up word

"Do u want to get into a full blown argument right now?" he threatened never the one to back down either

"Get lost" she hissed
Since neither hung up... they hung on...
"dad built me my very own movie star like make up mirror, lights and drawer thingie, now I have official permission to be late when we go out. ITS FANTASTIC... I MEAN
LIKE SAM HAS, YAAD HAI?"

He nodded  with a "hmm"... he didnt have a clue, he couldnt remember.. he didnt care... he was startled Ranjan had actually ordered a job on his floor, he rarely came over, he had seen him once in the last 4 months, that night when Mihir came

"That bougainvilla plant in the side balcony (on his floor, by the sun room) has two flowers now... magenta and light pink, I think its grafted" she smiled
It was a gift at mooh dikhayi from the Zambian Consular's wife next door. Ranjan had insisted he would plant it for her, she wanted to take it upstairs

"Oh!" he said... unsure how he was supposed to respond to her many gushings, he often used his favorite ack

"That balcony had NO pink... now it has pink" she gushed

"Hmm" the man of few words can only nod and grunt mostly

"will u call me when u get home tonite?" he extracted a promise finding her at her vulnerable best

"YOU HAVE TO" she ordered...

(In the meanwhile)"Can u keep it together?" ( at work, he meant) he enquired

"Only if you promise not to call" she shot back
(YOU MAKE ME CRY RAKSHASN!! YOU YOU YOU!!!)

"Deal" he half smiled hanging up...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first hour hour and a half went by in greeting and visiting and BS-ing in no uncertain terms...
she couldnt even go get her print job from the copier, a list of recommended thrid trimester food Akka had asked her to print off,
a cheat sheet of sorts, Bala was forgetting, and her printer didnt work...

Bally was in nice and early at 8, like 18 minutes before her...

"Iyer, yaad hai main kaun hoon" he greeted with a hug

She wore a saree... she debated if she should dress somberly, since II and somber couldnt routinely be used in the
same sentence... she decided to wear a lovely green papery silk saree.. all nicely pinned up though... no Deepika Alia biz at KMPG the Monday after honeymoon
she giggled pinning up her saree

One of the many "additions" from Ranjan was, a custom shoe closet with sliding drawers, a movie star like make up nook with fancy lighting and all, a million drawers
and hutches to hold make up and jewelry, he had basically used a 10' *10' wall outside the closet within the bath area to build that for her...
He also built her a nook for setting some silver idols she received at mooh dikhayi, all expensive and solid silver... that nook went outside the wall of the "library".
Much of the house was still unexplored, he didnt even accompany her to show her what he had added, she discovered it when she went up to set her things upon returning from D II
And had gushed long to Akka and Sam...

"Not tired anymore I assume?" Bally poked

"Nahi... hoon.. jaoon ghar?" she asked seriously

"10 ghante baad" he ordered mock sternly

They walked down to the Daily Perk to grab coffee, she enquired about Ankur Anay and Suman, she had things for the kids and Suman, she had forgotten to bring them in
She had bought 10 lbs of chocolates may be? for the team to set at the coffee station.

R&B had mocked her... "U might be paying for daibetes treatment for all of 7th floor for YEARS"

"Shut up" she had shushed him punching him... he shook his head giving up

Mahavir had fixed poha, and had made her lunch, Ranjan's orders bhindi, dal and roti, ALL READY by 7:40 AM

"So Excelsior must be done now right?, who is the new nightmare" II asked confidently

"Honeymoon mein u started LSD or what?" "Hippie kahin ki" he mocked🤣

"Ayyyo" she said leaning on the elevator wall shutting her eyes and cringing

"Gurgaon showroom seems to be sputtering along" Bally said "Bus"

"Woh to FEB SE HAI YAAR" she groaned

"Haan bus usee se khush ho le" he said shaking his head

"What happened to Rajouri Garden and Lajpat Nagar Showrooms, pilot kee na humne" II enquired

"Pilot hai kewal, passenger bhaag gaye" he used his UP humor

They stood in line, II greeted people from other floors that nodded and smiled at her, some even walked up to wish, and admire her
platinum earrings, she didnt wear anything other than her yellow cord around her neck... with the choora it was already too much she though

"Bus ab agle 6 mahiney tere saath kahin bahar nahi ja sakoonga... u are like Bollywood ki heroine" Bally sniggered
She smacked him...

"Mujhe kabhi attention mil jaaye aapko taqleef hoti hai"

"Tabhi maine Suman ko doosre mahiney pregnant kar diya" "Phir utar jaata hai choora, tera hero... sorry... not so powerful" pitying tone🤣

II laughed uncontrollably... it was her turn to order

The barista asked 10 questions... "OH YOU ARE AN IYER? U MARRIED THAT HOTTIE ON 20TH? OMGEEE"

Ii nodded😳

Bally:Busss... I cant have coffee anymore... cant step out of my cube anymore the star travels with her army of paparzzi

Barista:Did he actually propose to you in the terrace of Spectrum or the elevator?

II:Umm neither... why? (confused)

Barista: We heard he proposed HERE... where was it? where was it?

II: My home... (fumbling)

Barista OMGEEE HE CAME TO YOUR HOUSE? HOW ROMANTIC!!!!

Bally: Iyer I will see u upstairs?😆😭

II: Nahi nahi.. sorry... may I have my order plz?

Barista: ya sure sorry... actually.. we have all been talking... it was so quick we thought u ran away (she meant eloped)🤣

BallY:I WILL NOWWW!! (not amused)

II giggled...