"Women certainly deserve better shows" : Ashish - TOI

Posted: 9 years ago

Actor Ashish Sharma is a nervous wreck?

Meera Vohra,TNN | Mar 20, 2015, 02.23 PM IST

Interview of actor Ashish Sharma
Ashish Sharma

I am a nervous wreck

It may sound shocking , but actor Ashish Sharma, considers himself a nervous wreck , that motivates him to push the envelope as an actor . In a new avatar, as RJ in tele show Tujhse Naaraz Nahi Zindagi, he says, "I am a restless actor, constantly looking for new genres to test my acting abilities. I have tried to be as different as the medium of television can allow an actor to be," says Ashish, who was recently in Varanasi for the promotion of the show.

Last seen as Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat in the show 'Rangrasiya' , the actor shares, that "I had reached a exhaustion point in my career as no interesting projects, whether in the category of fiction or non-fiction, were coming my way. Whatever that was being offered was not motivating enough for me to take up. I wanted something which not only evolved me as an actor but also as a person so I have great hopes from 'Tujhe Naaraz...'. The show is based on the lives of a common man , from whom we actors certainly borrow a lot , in terms of experiences," he says.

Women audience deserve better shows

The actor believes that television is still a women's medium, with nothing much to do for male actors so that limits the options for them. As a majority of audience are women, so the most of shows on air cater to them but I believe that women certainly deserve better shows than they are being shown. Women are sensitive but sensible individuals, so shows should be made accordingly," he says.

The child in me remains

Surrounded with books from childhood , with a writer dad at home, that perhaps explains his liking for period dramas. Ashish, who himself played the historical character of Chandragupta Maurya, dubs Razia Sultan as his favourite among the ongoing show.s "I would love to play more historical characters since I have read so much about them. Moreover such characters also further allow me to connect with my childhood passion of playing with toy swords, bows and arrows .The child in me still remains," he says with a laugh.

Wives do bring in a change

A shy and introvert person ,who loves interacting with his select group of friends, he says, " facing the camera completely changes me. It is my passion for acting that lets me go, the reason I could participate in a reality show like 'Jhalak Dikhla Jha' and winning it too. Now even in real life I have started to open up, perhaps my marriage has a lot to do with this. Wives do bring in a change , similarly it has happened in my case," he says with a smile. The actor who married Archana Taide after a brief courtship, says, "when I proposed to her she was so terrified that she ran away . I chased her for four months before she agreed," he reveals.

Banaras needs to become more systematic

On his first visit to Banaras , the actor , accompanied by his wife, did not miss out on the fun part of the trip. "We attended the Ganga Arti, went to Sarnath and enjoyed some amazing chat and lassi. But one thing that really disappointed me were the bad roads and traffic congestion. If this is Modi's city then it needs to become more systematic," he says.

Edited by Joseph_A - 9 years ago
A sensible IV by Ashish
He always has a clear mind of
what he wants to do

And agreed
Women really deserves better shows than these
Saas bahu garbage stories

Current TV shows(except a few) doesn't deserve
Actors of his caliber 

Tfs Joseph
Edited by multimediaa - 9 years ago
Totally agree with ashish...thanks joseph bhai for sharing this  lovely interview.
Originally posted by multimediaa

A sensible IV by Ashish
He always has a clear mind of
what he wants to do

And agreed
Women really deserves better shows than these
Saas bahu garbage stories

Current TV shows(except a few) doesn't deserve
Actors of his caliber 

Tfs Joseph

👍🏼
A very sensible take on today's Indian dailies condition. Its really disgusting to see that,what is ruling on charts? Its destroying Indian viewers image too. 
Thank you for sharing, Joseph. 
The state of the tellyworld is pretty clear. Change is needed...immediately. 
Thanks for sharing Ashish's interview! I would love to see him act in a historical/ epic show.
Well said , Ashish. We certainly deserve much better shows.  Almost all actors keep saying this. But as long as those damned TRPs are coming in, I think the crap is here to stay. 
Tfs Joseph.
Fab.interview.
Agree with him completely.
We deserve better and so do the actors too.
Tfs! I liked what Ashish said! 😊
And I agree better shows need to be made.. For the actors & the audience!