Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

hmnn wont let me post the map :-( but its very confusing..still wondering how i didnt get lost there ..

i had a look at the map Anu on gmap and i was thinking exactly the same thing!
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

i had a look at the map Anu on gmap and i was thinking exactly the same thing!

ok i am going into science fiction now ... but i want all of us like in real life get into SoSy fiction and find II and get her together with R&B ...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†thoda too much its becoming 🀣
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Dear Nisha, 
Just got back from work and checked The forum...was completely blown away by the flurry of activity.

First of all don't get bummed at all. It is because of you and only you that we are even here. Some chanced upon it, some found out from others..at the end of the day we are all here by choice and that says something about the story you have created. 

As a writer you have all the creative freedoms And liberties to tweak your story and use whatever symbolism that you feel is necessary for it to become thrilling, exciting, soothing, lovable etc etc for your readers, which undoubtedly SOSY has become. We laugh with the characters,we cry with them,we feel their pain and we relate it to our lives...which story in recent times has had this effect...none that I can recall. So relax, we love you and your story to bits...I agree that small criticisms sometimes might make you feel the way you did, but I am also absolutely sure that that wasn't the intensIon, so cheer up.

Now to this latest upheaval in our lives...
Could have never imagined that the suggestion of II getting lost could actually induce panic attacks. I started with the feeling KI AB MAZA AAYEGA...but now I am as fearful of RB's wrath as II would perhaps be. POor thing...I know many of us might be thinking she's so dumb, how can she leave without her phone etc and how difficult is it to find where the next metro is etc...but in that state, your mind completely shuts off..especially when the greatest form of communication - LANGUAGE is completely unknown to you...it certainly can be an intimidating experience. Very well described. Just hope RB will first take care of her and then rage at her...I Feel so so sorry for her.

Now waiting for the Milan and...
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
paavam II!!!now its raining..paavam...I have no idea what its going to be..next update plss...I am feeling like I am there,want to reach home safe...help...
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Updated page 67 πŸ˜Š

Just read your getting lost experience. It must be terrifying not knowing the language. I have been lost for few minutes or I should say lost in subway. I missed a stop as I was busy reading a book and landed in Bronx. It was not a pleasant sight and I had to cross over to take a train back to Natural history museum,I was afraid, I had never seen so many characters or filth on the station. This was when I was just 15 days into the city, since then I am overly cautious of subway stopsπŸ˜•

One time it was plain frustrating in Quebec City, GPS was not giving right direction and we were just going in circles, and people did not know a word of English on that island. My almost forgotten French was handy that time. I wonder how u must have felt in Mexico! 
Hope our II does not land in any problem. Anu I also checked subway map of Paris πŸ˜†

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

shevane ditto ditto ditto in my roti  i am trying to find the map of paris ... same haal why is Nisha doing this to us married women with 2 kids we have a weak hearts she should know

Tell me about it! I had my first anxiety attack πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Nisha is responsible for 5 grey hair today πŸ˜†
Between I used Shree dosa batter for the first time. It was super good. Kids loved it. I just know Rava dosa batter from starch. 
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
though my bp is raising,this last 2 updates are simply breathtaking...cliffhanging ends are so worthy..you are amazing in what you are doing my superwoman!!!keep going..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you all for relating to, identifying with and appreciating how it is to be lost
Thanks for not asking "How come she didnt continue sitting on the same train"

"How come nobody spoke English?"
"How come she walked in a different direction?" etc

I believe the human brain reacts to crisis very uniquely it shuts down parts of our memory or our cognitive ability to apply resources towards "getting by" simple common sense things of everyday seem herculean faced with a crisis. I think Nivi mentioned LANGUAGE its the greatest barrier to communication

She felt the Metro was a threat, got off and walked as far away from it as she could, later realized its her only way of getting home so asked for directions to the closest station, smartest people take some of the dumbest decisions faced with a crisis

I know of many women who AFTER seeing their child behind their car in the rear view mirror press GAS on reverse, running over their own child, instead of shifting gears to D and and parking

One time while in Grad school I  had a Macro Economic Policy final my hubby was late returning from work my oldest was 1 or 2 cant remember. I was frustrated and angry... I sat in my car, with the kid in the back, on a mission to drive to work and hand him the kid on the way to the Univ... I PRESSED gas while on Reverse literally tearing through my garage door,😲 the sheet of metal hung like a blanket/canopy over my car, as I stood in the drive way panicking... and saw HE WAS AROUND THE CORNER

He handed me his keys, took the baby inside, I was shaking all the 30 minutes to college... but somehow forgot on seeing the test Qs I think

At 10:30 when I drove up that night... I saw my car covered with my garage door... we left it as is... until a guy came by the next day and replaced it with a new door,  house was barely a 1.5 old😭

THANKS FOR  IDENTIFYING  WITH...YOU ALL
Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Tell me about it! I had my first anxiety attack πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Nisha is responsible for 5 grey hair today πŸ˜†
Between I used Shree dosa batter for the first time. It was super good. Kids loved it. I just know Rava dosa batter from starch. 

we had roti + palak paneer  :-) yes i got some grey hair too .. and yes panic/anxiety attack πŸ˜†πŸ˜† my kids dont eat rava dosa :-(
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Thank you all for relating to, identifying with and appreciating how it is to be lost
Thanks for not asking "How come she didnt continue sitting on the same train"

"How come nobody spoke English?"
"How come she walked in a different direction?" etc

I believe the human brain reacts to crisis very uniquely it shuts down parts of our memory or our cognitive ability to apply resources towards "getting by" simple common sense things of everyday seem herculean faced with a crisis. I think Nivi mentioned LANGUAGE its the greatest barrier to communication

She felt the Metro was a threat, got off and walked as far away from it as she could, later realized its her only way of getting home so asked for directions to the closest station, smartest people take some of the dumbest decisions faced with a crisis

I know of many women who AFTER seeing their child behind their car in the rear view mirror press GAS on reverse, running over their own child, instead of shifting gears to D and and parking

One time while in Grad school I  had a Macro Economic Policy final my hubby was late returning from work my oldest was 1 or 2 cant remember. I was frustrated and angry... I sat in my car, with the kid in the back, on a mission to drive to work and hand him the kid on the way to the Univ... I PRESSED gas while on Reverse literally tearing through my garage door, the sheet of metal hung like a blanket/canopy over my car, as I stood in the drive way panicking... and saw HE WAS AROUND THE CORNER

He handed me his keys, took the baby inside, I was shaking all the 30 minutes to college... but somehow forgot on seeing the test Qs I think

At 10:30 when I drove up that night... I saw my car covered with my garage door... we left it as is... until a guy came by the next day and replace it with a new door,  house was barely a 1.5 old

THANKS FOR  IDENTIFYING  WITH...YOU ALL

OMG !!!! loved your husbands reaction amazing how when we are tensed they become calm and vice versa..