Software Symphony 9 Book Shelf Analogy on 144 - Page 92

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

NIVI

What a lovely summary, you have captured these two characters like no other. I am not as well read as you are or as MANY of my readers are, I like to be but am not. But such a intelligent analysis of the story requires a standing ovation. I mean Oscar contenders vie for such analysis I get it for a story that has no basis that is just penned from the heart?

You are immensely talented I cannot tell you how impressed I am

BLUE is it!! Totally completely it, about the two people... I did not spend months or days coming up with them you all know how I started to write... I had a 100 ft view of him and her and as I circle over them, one foot up, its EXACTLY like how you have described them

Her despair at not fulfilling Appa's expectations and in a certain sense betraying her own beliefs and ethics by marrying into a family that may be "corrupt" may seem like a trivial issue but for her its big.

Iyers live by their principles, I know of Iyers that write to Letters to the Editor every day, I know of Iyers that will protest any and every form of corruption and misdeed... Iyers dont have a monopoly over it but since II is an Iyer  she typifies such principles...

Yes I read on Good Quotes or some site "Love me, or hate me but please dont be indifferent to me"

Yep indifference is the most painful thing in any relationship. It lacks the word called PASSION

Yes, he is argumentative and combative when wants to win an argument when it comes to emotional matters he would rather sit back and let things happen. She is that way too she talks endlessly about mundane things but does not have the courage to ask him "Does this marraige come with an "Use By date?"

Very very well written. I cant add any more I cant write as well as you

Congratulations for elevating my random pastime into something tremendously superior!!

Kahaan tum meri taarif kar rahi ho Nish? Maine toh bas summary di hai...YOU have created the masterpiece that allowed me to write this. Analyze karna koi badi baat nahi hai...I've been doing it for literature classes since 6th grade; they hold your hand and teach you to do it until you get it right. But they don't teach you to write what you have managed to compose...you are selling your talent short by terming the brilliance of this story as your "random pastime."

@bold: I will have to ferociously disagree with that. 
Originally posted by swathi1990

okay I posted that because of the previous update. Basically they fought over one of their differences  having kids.. Did it help them in any way ? Did they become closer ? Did they come to know more about each other due to that ? May be Nish might show like that later...But for now, my answer to all of the above is a NO...
The thing I feel here is that -- They both know very well about their difference of opinions/status etc...Both of them are clearly aware of it...He knows that she doesnt want kids...she knows he hates malcha marg, excelsior and his dad and wants to settle in paris...

So the only thing they dont seem to know is that they both are soo emotionally invested in this relationship that both want it to work...The thing here would then be that if they come to know it, will they start thinking together and will it solve their problems?? 

The only advantage of fights here is their make up after the fight...Will it indicate them that both want to be with each other irrespective of all their differences? We have to wait for Nish to answer this in her upcoming chapters...

Swathi
THAT has been the goal of this story you know, WILL THEY want to live together despite the scandal, the class differences, their toxic egos, his desire to return to Paris, her unwillingness to start a family, his past affairs, her Appa, her career ambitions, his indifference towards his Dad's business and feelings.

If one or some or ALL of the above matter
They will part ways

Nivi for such a young person you speak very wisely. I say that very graciously, Yes Swathi Nivi is right... MOST marriage there is not 100% harmony... movies and books WANT you to believe there WILL BE

WILL BE, and THERE IS mein bahut faraq hai. My Amma will talk of a couple that live sin my parents complex, that have been married over 40 years as "Oh! They have not had ONE fight"

She is part of my Mom's kitty (monthly women's whatever group), In my Mom's 6 decades in this world she says thats the only couple that hasnt fought even once, AS THAT AUNTY CLAIMS

So u can imagine...
No marriage is 100% compatible kanna, NOT ONE... IT SEEMS like it during courtship
Even if it is, the compatibility takes a solid beating after kids come into the picture or when u have to care for a ailing parent or  face job loss or face terminal illness. Even when there is no problem, and there is all the wealth u could spend in 7 lifetimes there is fidelity issues, or career ambitions or political ambitions.

Clintons
Kennedys

Like someone famous once said "Most couples are divorced they just dont know it"😆
So anyway jokes apart, its about HOW you deal with the incompatibility, its not about how to GET RID of it

You could think of me as a 40 year old in a 24 year old's body 😛🤣
Par yeh baatein samajhna alag baat hai...real life mein apply karna utna hi mushkil. 

@bold: What perfect advice 👏...I am adding it to my collection of inspirational quotes. 😊

Swathi
THAT has been the goal of this story you know, WILL THEY want to live together despite the scandal, the class differences, their toxic egos, his desire to return to Paris, her unwillingness to start a family, his past affairs, her Appa, her career ambitions, his indifference towards his Dad's business and feelings.

If one or some or ALL of the above matter
They will part ways

Totally Agree Nish !! But I was thinking that may be verbal communication is not the only way for them to find out that they like each other sooo much... That too in their case, seeing that they totally are opposites, it seems like working in reverse here...Whereas a small gesture of him for example - the subbu incident conveyed more...and I tend to like those gestures more compared to the explicit fights...

However I agree being two strong individuals, fights are bound to happen 😆 
IF THEY PART WAYS...I swear I'll lose hope in everything good n positive that I'm told to think of life... Its a story... Please do not part them... I have seen enough reality... Atleast fiction should be catering to popular belief...that of "MOSTLY Happily Ever After"!! All I have to say is reality mei shaadi tak baat hi nahi pahunchti hai... You feel frustrated of the non/miscommunication... You feel sick of that feeling that possibly am just an "interaction" in his life n then your selfrespect/ego(some will call it ego, some as selfrespect) ... N you do what II did... Be aloof, cut ties... Wallow for that heartache n loss of trust... But trust once broken/or thought of as broken is hard to build... You either are disillusioned or try make do with rebuilding of what is left of  life n your feelings Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
great discussions ..Nisha will we get another update tonite?

Originally posted by harshita27

IF THEY PART WAYS...I swear I'll lose hope in everything good n positive that I'm told to think of life... Its a story... Please do not part them... I have seen enough reality... Atleast fiction should be catering to popular belief...that of "MOSTLY Happily Ever After"!! All I have to say is reality mei shaadi tak baat hi nahi pahunchti hai... You feel frustrated of the non/miscommunication... You feel sick of that feeling that possibly am just an "interaction" in his life n then your selfrespect/ego(some will call it ego, some as selfrespect) ... N you do what II did... Be aloof, cut ties... Wallow for that heartache n loss of trust... But trust once broken/or thought of as broken is hard to build... You either are disillusioned or try make do with rebuilding of what is left of  life n your feelings

Yep

It was just a manner of speaking Harshita, yep the intrigue is maintained if they are together and on the verge of killing each other

CHHOD DENA bahut aasan hai NIBHA PAANA bahut mushkil
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

great discussions ..Nisha will we get another update tonite?

I really hope so... So sad that they fought...atleast to cheer us up...some chotu sa update...pls
On a lighter note, that update was a ferocious fight of ideologies... The dude is making no bones about his want of kids!!! To think he was a sworn bachelor just 3months ago!!😆
N II is also stating her idea as to why she doesnt want to bring a kid in world n then not do a good job of being a mother coz she has her heart set to get to a certain point in her career.
This update demands a followup update of hot steamy RB-II-licious makeup sex!!😆🤣
Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
Anu

It was a choice between posting the chapter or getting it on the cover page, I chose the former, I have three minutes from the pool, I am usually 5-10 minutes late... for the 30 minute swim lesson

In the BIG picture of life whats a 10 min delay in a lesson ille?