Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: EnVee

What a flurry of emotions you have stirred up Nisha! I read the update listening to the song in the background. Kis mod pe laa diya tumne, na soch sak te na kaam kar sakte. 😆

I agree, this is one of the best updates. It very simply stirs up feeling and thoughts and emotions that each person goes through. The inexplicable googlies of life 😊

NV,
Its fiction, so we get tailor made closures kanna, but real life is a different ball game altogether no?😭 But boy do we crave for such closures in real life too...
Shes not pregnant yet, she hasnt had a child yet... when that happens Subbu's face will be worth watching I guess, today something tells II those things may not happen in this marriage... so she doesnt dream of it. The most confident cool courageous girl is so vulnerable in love...

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wahi main soch rahi thi 😆😆😆
as far as I have read, RB doesnt know ...
Aksh14 thumbnail
LOVELY ONE! AS ALWAYS! Totally loved the entire scene! The feeling which R&B gives II is just so beautiful! The tamboolam part, the subbu's mom part.. everything was so fun to read.!👏👏 As usual.. Pata nahi iske baad kya kahun!
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

NV,
Its fiction, so we get tailor made closures kanna, but real life is a different ball game altogether no?😭 But boy do we crave for such closures in real life too...
Shes not pregnant yet, she hasnt had a child yet... when that happens Subbu's face will be worth watching I guess, today something tells II those things may not happen in this marriage... so she doesnt dream of it. The most confident cool courageous girl is so vulnerable in love...

Totally! I was also thinking of a cute cute kid, more tushki pushki than Lasya, to show Subbu that not all mentally imbalanced people are imbalanced and not all sane people are always sane! That would be totally on his face.

Life does come a full circle and what you give is what you get. But people have their own ways of thinking, perhaps right in their realms of thinking. Like Nivi said, if you look at things from Subbu's perspective, it may be right for him. How often do we not do things that are hurtful to others?

That is why we dig fiction no? Our own closet dreams.
And tell me about life being tough. Never had an easy life Made me an entirely different person from what I set out to be. And much the better for it.
😊

Ashu25 thumbnail

Wow!!

I believe retrospect has received the MOST nighttime activity after Morse Code. 10 or so pages of discussions... there wont be a explicit heart to heart conversation... hes not the prying kind nor a Hindi film hero types.

SB's line stuck in my mind "he rescued her from a lifetime of lifeless living" SO TRUE! FANTASTIC!! Like Ashu said it was part gratitude for R&B part relief part moving on part letting go for her.

Subbu's Mom is a perfect middle class Iyer woman in every which way but is so vain and heartless and smug and rude. Subbu is a manipulative B---- who will do anything to get that promotion and that fancy apartment has no mind of his own.Yes she would have had a "perfect" life by marrying Subbu, perfect according to everybody else, because its everything IYER.

Bhallas are mired in scandal but they have not once humiliated her.
Her life will always be imperfect because she married R&B, a man with many prior relationships, a father in law with a sexual harassment case under his belt, YET she couldnt be more emotionally complete.
It all boils down to how and why we judge people I guess

Thats why I chose that song

"Tumse mili jo zindagi humne abhi boyi nahi"

The life I got from you, I haven't sown those seeds yet, I dont know if it will grow to be a plant or a sapling or a tree,(she firmly believes her marriage will be short lived) nor know if it will even bear flowers or fruit, but I DO KNOW you are the only one for me... the only thing I'll ever plant

Bold : That was such a beautiful explanation Nisha!!
Loved it...
hahah..I know...Its fantastic..The emotions of II boiling down, the lyrics played in the background...Such heart tugging feelings and actions have come to display toh yeh toh hona hi tha 😉
No heart to heart conversation ?? 😭😭.Let him not speak, let the Iyers rant at least 😆😆
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

Retrospect - OUTSTANDING Nisha.. This was absolutely splendid... without giving words to II's feelings...so much is conveyed...BEAUTIFUL!!

This is perhaps the first time II has laid claims over him, unabashed and sincere. Her fears will be put to rest when ??? don't know??  It is so not in R&B's nature to wheedle her to reveal her feelings...

At this stage R&B only knows something's amiss, but knows not what...  

Much as I would like him to hug II and shush her and take away all her fears, he may not actually say anything at all...  he is not good with words...  I don't know...  They are still new, very new to this marriage, yet to decode each other...   

Retrospect however was II all the way

She let go of Subbu a long time ago

When she saw Subbus wife , she  imagined it could have been her, had fate  not intervened.

She was pulled back from the brink of  loosing herself forever to mundane routine life ... It was a close call indeed.

She would have never ever known such intensity in love could ever exist in this her world

She would not have known such possessiveness

To her it is horrifyingly unimaginable 

It was sheer blessing that she found her anchor

R&B whom  she can' t do without now   

R&B whom she fears may not last forever, she is scared

and when words failed her expression  takes over

👏  👏  👏 ON BLUE
Yes SB, he is from a completely different world, hes gone through "between 11 and 15" also, shes not sure how the wealthy handle break up of sexual relationships. She doesnt have a clue how she must face the ex, nobody taught her, she never expected to have an "EX"

I bet he must have had 1, or more girlfriends he may have felt a little "deeply attached" to wonder how he handled those breakups u know... it must have hurt him too... hes so introverted he will never share...

The fact that they dont share all the things all the time keeps this relationship intriguing for us readers. If they did, then their marriage would be good for THEM but boring for US

deernav thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
One of the most beautiful updates Nisha..made me very emotional..often we forget that small gestures by one makes the other so happy and grateful..that is all is the secret of a happy marriage..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: EnVee

Totally! I was also thinking of a cute cute kid, more tushki pushki than Lasya, to show Subbu that not all mentally imbalanced people are imbalanced and not all sane people are always sane! That would be totally on his face.

Life does come a full circle and what you give is what you get. But people have their own ways of thinking, perhaps right in their realms of thinking. Like Nivi said, if you look at things from Subbu's perspective, it may be right for him. How often do we not do things that are hurtful to others?

That is why we dig fiction no? Our own closet dreams.
And tell me about life being tough. Never had an easy life Made me an entirely different person from what I set out to be. And much the better for it.
😊

Yes as Nivi said Subbu didnt SET OUT to dump her at the altar, he just dumped his courage. If he had stood upto his Mom she would be Mrs Subramanian today. She would have never known what "to feel complete" is. Yes she would have gotten the apartment the Maruti Ciaz, a "off the grid" vacation, but she would have never felt intellectually, sexually or emotionally complete.

Seems like a filmi thing may be but... its true
deernav thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This chapter will forever be in my top 5

I am crying real tears for a fictional character

I know it sounds too filmy, she is not dying its not a tragedy or anything But II just made me cry

First time in SOSY I cried..all goes to your wonderful writing..this has to be one of the best updates
Ashu25 thumbnail
Found this on twitter and immediately got reminded of the dude and II 🤣
"In Australian slang,a 'pashrash' is red , irritated skin that is a result of make out session with someone with a beard"