Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

๐Ÿค—

Thanks *sniffle*
I will type my responses in a Word document from now on...at least they will get saved with AutoRecover. ๐Ÿ˜’
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wah...u made us happy... A ferrari answer for a merc guy !!! Such a fitting reply. She ignoring him and he running behind her...Just perfect Nish !
More than that, the part I loved โค๏ธ was she punching R&B in front of the driver... That is the best moment...Shows how much they have progressed in this relationship... She shows her ownership there... tooo cute ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š 

The second was he pulling her to the car and handling all her stuff... Sooo a character of hubby...This is very very common one I have seen in the parking areas...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Wah...u made us happy... A ferrari answer for a merc guy !!! Such a fitting reply. She ignoring him and he running behind her...Just perfect Nish !

More than that, the part I loved โค๏ธ was she punching R&B in front of the driver... That is the best moment...Shows how much they have progressed in this relationship... She shows her ownership there... tooo cute ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š 

The second was he pulling her to the car and handling all her stuff... Sooo a character of hubby...This is very very common one I have seen in the parking areas...

NOT MERC
MARUTI

CIAZ IS A MARUTI BRAND
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Thanks *sniffle*
I will type my responses in a Word document from now on...at least they will get saved with AutoRecover. ๐Ÿ˜’

Been there, experienced that. Wrote this hge thing yesterday...all gone. Rakshasan ipad. 
Anyhow. Loved the Ferrari update. Very simple and so true in feelings and emotions. Ishita's uncaring attitude, although I feel deep down she is enjoying his agony. RB also behaving matter of factly...can't tell, although at this point he seems like SUBBU and Ishita are done..so why bother but somewhere in the Freudian subconscious he might think that SUBBU and II have more in common than II and Him. 
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

NOT MERC
MARUTI

CIAZ IS A MARUTI BRAND

Oh he himself does not own a M& co car ? Athu innum mosam ... then comparing to ferrari  ๐Ÿคฃ
nividances thumbnail
I don't have the patience to retype my entire review for the last three chapters Nisha, so I'll give a brief summary of what I can remember.
I wrote a term paper during undergrad for a literature class discussing how we, as readers, look at stories and analyse from the perspective of the protagonist, which essentially locks us into one way of thinking. We dissect the protagonist's flaws, justify their actions, sympathize with them, relate to them, etc. and we (generally) have a tendency to condemn the antagonist for their behavior. How different would it be if we were taught to read books and analyze from the viewpoint of the so-called "antagonist?" What if stories were written from the point-of-view of the antagonist to begin with; they would be called protagonists then no? What if Harry Potter was written from Voldemort's perspective? Think about if Cinderella was written from the stepmother's or stepsisters' perspective? Or if Little Red Riding Hood was written from the Wolf's perspective instead? Our world would be so different if we looked at literature (or even more broadly, life) like this. We are all loving these parts where Subbu "gets a taste of his own medicine" so to speak (me included), but I just found it intriguing to think about how different the story would be if it was written from the perspective of the "antagonist" (can I take the liberty to call him that?). I don't know why I even went down this path but the neurons just started firing in that direction for some reason. There was a bunch more scholarly stuff that I wrote to expand on this whole discussion, but this is essentially the gist of it. ๐Ÿ˜›

I also had a whole part written about the characterization of II, R&B, Ranjan, Appa, and Subbu, but I seriously can't remember what I wrote now. I was just having fun looking at this story with a new lens...

As for the last three parts, you delivered way more than I expected. It's truly commendable that you have managed to keep the freshness in this story just like how you started it. I am just as hooked today (perhaps even more) as I was on day 1 (and yes I have been with you on this journey from the very beginning even if I was not very vocal on thread 1.) ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail

I don't have the patience to retype my entire review for the last three chapters Nisha, so I'll give a brief summary of what I can remember.

I wrote a term paper during undergrad for a literature class discussing how we, as readers, look at stories and analyse from the perspective of the protagonist, which essentially locks us into one way of thinking. We dissect the protagonist's flaws, justify their actions, sympathize with them, relate to them, etc. and we (generally) have a tendency to condemn the antagonist for their behavior. How different would it be if we were taught to read books and analyze from the viewpoint of the so-called "antagonist?" What if stories were written from the point-of-view of the antagonist to begin with; they would be called protagonists then no? What if Harry Potter was written from Voldemort's perspective? Think about if Cinderella was written from the stepmother's or stepsisters' perspective? Or if Little Red Riding Hood was written from the Wolf's perspective instead? Our world would be so different if we looked at literature (or even more broadly, life) like this. We are all loving these parts where Subbu "gets a taste of his own medicine" so to speak (me included), but I just found it intriguing to think about how different the story would be if it was written from the perspective of the "antagonist" (can I take the liberty to call him that?). I don't know why I even went down this path but the neurons just started firing in that direction for some reason. There was a bunch more scholarly stuff that I wrote to expand on this whole discussion, but this is essentially the gist of it. ๐Ÿ˜›

I also had a whole part written about the characterization of II, R&B, Ranjan, Appa, and Subbu, but I seriously can't remember what I wrote now. I was just having fun looking at this story with a new lens...

As for the last three parts, you delivered way more than I expected. It's truly commendable that you have managed to keep the freshness in this story just like how you started it. I am just as hooked today (perhaps even more) as I was on day 1 (and yes I have been with you on this journey from the very beginning even if I was not very vocal on thread 1.) ๐Ÿ˜Š

To say that I miss your analysis would be an understatement๐Ÿ˜ญ Why did it have to crash today Nivi๐Ÿ˜ฒ Nobody has ever analyzed my story from a literature standpoint
I am going to miss it terribly๐Ÿ˜ญ I fully agree with every word you say I WANTED it to be from Subbu's perspective, I dont know why I personally dont believe any person is 100% good or 100% bad

I didnt know that in my teens or 20s, only now... yes there some that are 75% good vs 75% bad
My Amma will say even the demon king Ravana was a great Shakti/Durga bhakt, he imprisoned Sita but did not even go near her

Lord Rama, Maryada Purushottam as they say suspected his wife and  forced an agni pareeksha on her

On a lighter note, I might have to bring YHM into the discussion for it... no I am not dissing Raman or Ishita, I used to do a Daily Beat, there would be days I would write it from Param or Shagun's perspective or Ashok's, people would hate me for it.
Its almost like nobody other than Raman & Ishita can have redeeming qualities๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Impossible in the real world.

I am quite intrigued by such characters I read about or watch  or see in real life. Amongst friends we conduct discussions too, my husband is largely responsible for helping me analyze things objectively, I never did that before I was married

In being attracted to her and being faithful to her for two or 4 years Subbu was a good man, but his greatest weakness is his love for his mother... and her opinions

I WISH you are able to recollect your thoughts and post for us.

R&B is clearly a better choice for II, he is a good man, I kept him as unassuming as possible. He is largely untouched by the hurt and pain II went through. He sees Subbu as a biz acquaintance it would be ridiculous of him to punch Subbu or break his bones

The lack of viciousness or vengeance in II's responses to Subbu should give us the biggest clue that SUBBU NEVER MATTERED. IF he did she would have personally gone off to hand him a card and hunted him down to display herself in her wedding attire

She did neither

If nothing else THAT should open her eyes that Subbu is immaterial
Yes the hurt and pain caused by him is real but she didnt love him 10% of however much she loves R&B๐Ÿ˜ณ She will never accept it to herself, leave alone R&B

thank you for the kindest words

This story gives my free time a purpose... yes I could be sculpting or making origami dinosaurs but I dont like either

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thanks *sniffle*

THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH ME!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ก
N it wasnt internet... Its this bloody ipad... I typed like a huuugge response to all those morning discussions I read for the part previous to Subbu's entry... All of it got erased in bloody seconds.. I got so hopping madthat I slept!!๐Ÿ˜†
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Oh he himself does not own a M& co car ? Athu innum mosam ... then comparing to ferrari  ๐Ÿคฃ

I am basically talking about Maruti dealerships and Maruti cars I changed it to MU Co or M Co because I dont want them suing me๐Ÿ˜‰
Subbu works for that Co. as a Sales guy he probably got his car as Sales Commission or at a discount of 40-50% I had a cousin that worked there years ago

They incentivize their Sales people like crazy. Subbu is my cousin in disguise๐Ÿ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I know everyone is loving Subbu being trashed but subbu is chachi for me... Unimportant n eating word space n Nisha's limited time!! Inn dono ki life itni happening hai ki I feel, we need no gray/negative character... These two bring their own set of faltu ka insecurities n stubborness as negativity to the story... N then these two alsobring comedy, romance, raunchiness, cuteness, sadness, n all other emotions that exists... All by their own... They are so self sufficient!!๐Ÿ˜†
I dont feel any emotion negative/positive or otherwise... All I have to say is why is II or R&B answering questions to a random work relation??? I give people a look if they ask personal questions.. Infact I once told someone I had work associations with, that it was not ok to ask me about my personal life when at work... Wo thoda zyada hi overfriendly ho raha tha๐Ÿ˜† Maybe am too blunt but then i also never go ask anyone about their personal life until they share themselves. But its me! Maybe others arent so rude ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago