Software Symphony 9 Book Shelf Analogy on 144 - Page 59

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 7 years ago
Updated on page 46 and 55. Smile
How lucky am I? Just in time for the new update. Big smile
Res for "Things and Tongs" Smile
*Edited*
Kya boloon main Nisha? This update was like Chex Mix...it had a little bit of everything and I liked it all (even though I hate those dark brown round things in the actual chex mix Tongue).

Sam-Vandu bonding as friends and teasing II. Thumbs UpLOL

The subtle uncomfortable mentions of cultural differences, money problems, and the class divide keeps this story grounded, preventing it from becoming the typical Suraj Barjatya types. Varna socho that Sam and Vandu are good friends now, Tan and Bala get along, Ranjan is a sweetheart and totally adores his bahu, and Amma has also taken a liking to her son-in-law. Thank god for these passing moments where the stark differences between the families are apparent to spice things up and again keep it realistic.

"her car stood inside now second to last, Appa's was before her and the Ferrari behind hers at the very end of the drive way Like she was sandwiched between R&B and Appa"
This was perfect. Clap She is, and perhaps will forever be, sandwiched between her father and her husband. 

Amma coaching II on how to be a good wife. Tongue Reminds me of my own mom's wagging finger as she says "Rotiyaan gol bana beta" & "Padhayi ke saath saath ghar ka kaam bhi sikh le bacha" etc...every desi mom's advice LOL

Now that they are married, Rakshasan will romance his biwi whenever and wherever he feels like it. Embarrassed I just say, bring it on...II ke saath hum sab ki bhi nikal padi! ROFL
Edited by nividances - 7 years ago
Originally posted by nividances

Res until tomorrow. I literally fought to keep my eyes open so I could be awake to read this update tonight.

*Edited*
"What's Your Thatha's Name?"

3 days??? Shocked Embarrassed ROFL
Moving aside from the length of this suhag-dopahar-raat-din-shaam-repeat LOL, my favorite part of this update (besides the conversation with Shravu) was the insight into his thoughts as he was observing her sleep. I don't know why but I just found that so subtle, yet so sexy. Embarrassed 

The balcony scene was Day Dreaming. Her true inner feelings come out when she lets her guard down and doesn't think or overanalyze things. She woke up in the middle of the night and instinctively thought only of him. She's been sleeping alone for the past 28 years, but within less than three days of being married to the guy, she panics when he's not there next to her. Her brain has insecurities about this marriage lasting or his commitment to her, but her heart is in it all the way...the way she runs and hugs him, the way she commands him to come back to bed, the way she makes him promise...it all points to how invested she is in this relationship.

The conversation with Shravu ROFL
She's been imprisoned in the bedroom for three days with him...I think it's made her even more insane than she was before. WinkTongue
But seriously, 3 days??? LOL

She offers RARE glimpses into her inner true self also, Like admitting she dreams about himEmbarrassed

Like running to him when she woke disoriented

Very rarely... she is on guard usually...

Yes she is quite mental too...LOL like all of us, reckless and playful and argumentative
Shravu? Shravu is a demonROFL

It was a bad idea to read this sitting in the middle of the library. I hid my smile at the beginning, but at the mention of erotic asphyxation I was literally shaking with silent laughter...the people around me totally believe I'm a crazy nut now! EmbarrassedTongue
Will unres my other post and add more in response to this one later tonight. Smile

*Edited*

When I finished reading the update and went back to my textbook, I was still trying to contain my laughter. What happened next takes the cake for being one of the top 5 most embarrassing situations I've ever experienced. The girl sitting next to me put her hand on my shoulder with a concerned look on her face and asked if I was all right. When I nodded and said yes, she immediately became relaxed. She and her friends had thought I might be having a seizure. ROFL ROFL ROFL 

Now I have to add another memo to my list: don't read SoSy updates in the library, lest people call 911 mistaking me to be an epileptic. LOL

This chapter will forever be etched in my memory Nisha...what more can I add after that? Tongue

ROFLROFL

THIS IS JUST ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS
TOO FUNNY

OMG!!!! SO FUNNY

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME LAUGH LIKE I did when I heard  Morarji Desai drank his beep

Updated on pg 59.
I'm tired today...took advantage of the above freezing weather and went for a run. Will probably catch tonight's second update tomorrow morning. Smile
Things and Tongs

Beautiful Nisha very breezy you covered all the key people beautifully.. II getting teased to slowly settling in, to Bhallas making her stay,appa trying, amma also not able to give up.. very well done.
I could support all but my heart went out to poor appa CryCry pavam .. nobody seems to be empathizing with him... i become this appa gusher every time he feels bad Big smile

I love the Vandu /Sam bond and how you brought in the class difference ,HOD hopefully makes a decent money .. but i know several of my cousins even the IT working ones in india have only one kid so they can raise that kid well ,private schools,classes etc. In fact all in US have 2 kids but all in India one.. bitter truth :-(

Next the garden scene loved how he took pictures ..how slowly he wants her to pack , he wants her to be totally comfortable , totally own him and she is still nervous so cute Embarrassed

Ammas advice also so cute i am sure #feminists will have a field day but bottom line the advice tells II to start making her man hers,her house hers and start belonging there.So mature Clap

Also the last line "fortress" separating her world from Amma Appa's
over the years i hope she finds the balance once she gets over her insecurities and realizes that the Bhallas she is married dont care at all about this so called difference .and

BTW did you read our vetti talk about cloning you LOLROFL

Yes yes Anu I did read it all
Feel free to clone me rey as many times as you want as perfect as u think it should be
The original is flawed 

How lucky am I? Just in time for the new update. Big smile
Res for "Things and Tongs" Smile
*Edited*
Kya boloon main Nisha? This update was like Chex Mix...it had a little bit of everything and I liked it all (even though I hate those dark brown round things in the actual chex mix Tongue).

Sam-Vandu bonding as friends and teasing II. Thumbs UpLOL

The subtle uncomfortable mentions of cultural differences, money problems, and the class divide keeps this story grounded, preventing it from becoming the typical Suraj Barjatya types. Varna socho that Sam and Vandu are good friends now, Tan and Bala get along, Ranjan is a sweetheart and totally adores his bahu, and Amma has also taken a liking to her son-in-law. Thank god for these passing moments where the stark differences between the families are apparent to spice things up and again keep it realistic.

"her car stood inside now second to last, Appa's was before her and the Ferrari behind hers at the very end of the drive way Like she was sandwiched between R&B and Appa"
This was perfect. Clap She is, and perhaps will forever be, sandwiched between her father and her husband. 

Amma coaching II on how to be a good wife. Tongue Reminds me of my own mom's wagging finger as she says "Rotiyaan gol bana beta" & "Padhayi ke saath saath ghar ka kaam bhi sikh le bacha" etc...every desi mom's advice LOL

Now that they are married, Rakshasan will romance his biwi whenever and wherever he feels like it. Embarrassed I just say, bring it on...II ke saath hum sab ki bhi nikal padi! ROFL

THANK YOU THANK YOU
For being the only review while on treadmill..Clap I have tried to keep the characters unchanged as much as possible... Sam was always generous and giving not Manya and Chacha & Co... Sam is the closest to R&B and his feelings  she wants him desperately to have a good life she will do anything for it

The wealth and class differences and the undeniable envy Amma feels is all natural. No human being is  that mature (Desi soap leads may be) 
Ranjan has the biggest flaw, Appa's flaw is obvious but he is a man of principle and stellar character... R&B is too thats why they hate each other so much
Appa's selfishness insecurity anger and bitterness all come to the fore when confronted with R&B
Likewise for R&B... I am not saying II is so desirable and coveted but its the natural conflict of a Dad unable to let go and a possessive husband/lover entering the picture.