Software Symphony 9 Book Shelf Analogy on 144 - Page 53

Posted: 9 years ago
As they say, aayiram poi (thousands of lies or several lies) solli oru kalyanam 😊 a marriage made possible through thousands of lies.
Originally posted by swathi1990

@Anu
Part of the reason of R&B speeding things up was Appa only. Appa did not allow him to meet/talk to her and he was worried that Appa would get her married to some Iyer. Soo many restrictions which he was not used to and to overcome all these he had to get married to her. Sam didnt want to delay because she was selfish in many ways... She wanted her brother to be happy- (afraid that with the delay he might change his mind from the idea of marriage.) and also wanted someone who could be compassionate and tc of her father . When she saw both in II she didnt want to leave this. As for II is concerned, all these things were laid before her by her APPA very clearly. But she was sooo gone in this relationship that she ONLY wanted this. Even now she is not sure of the future of the relationship, but she married him with all those doubts..

Very well written

R&B: Wanted his hands on her, literally, this was the fastest way to get it

Sam:Wanted a good life for R&B, a PERSON for him, not a thing, II is

Ranjan: Anything to turn Malcha Marg from a house to a home, and who better than this gorgeous refined Iyer girl. He offered to leave the country to spare his son's wedding of any humiliation

Appa: No rationale, except he gave in completely to his daughter's wishes despite knowing its the wrong-est thing for her. Its like willingly endangering her life by making her wander the streets after midnight

II: A part of her was hurting deeply from Subbu's humiliating rejection, outwardly she was this beautiful gorgeous accomplished, educated singer accountant manager... yet Subbu dumped her in one stroke on a perceived  fear of having a impaired child. II happened to meet R&B and found herself being intensely sexually attracted to him... her very first... he drugged her body and mind... a part of her knows she might find herself alone when the glitter and gloss of "newness" wears off for him, but she took the plunge anyway because she wanted to experience being his wife. Its like signing up to bungee jump or  climb the El Capitan at Yosemite with no training.

R&B? Well as far as we know of him... he has been sexually attracted to many, but sexually and mentally attracted? None! Except II
He married her because she has an uncanny resemblance to someone he dearly loved. She is the only thing that will keep him in India and in that house.

Originally posted by Seriousreader

On the face of it...yes ...it appears that R&B married in a hurry since he could not get at her any other way! But, isn't there more to his feelings than meets the eye?
When I meant restrictions it included everything, not just sex. He wanted her to be with himself - he wanted to listen to her always, spend more time with her , listen to her singing. Whereas it was always hindered by her family --- He hated that. He didn't want her to leave him. In a sense she was filling the void caused by savvy for him and he was possesive just like he was with his ma where he wasn't willing to share savvy even with his sisters...

When I meant restrictions it included everything, not just sex. He wanted her to be with himself - he wanted to listen to her always, spend more time with her , listen to her singing. Whereas it was always hindered by her family --- He hated that. He didn't want her to leave him. In a sense she was filling the void caused by savvy for him and he was possesive just like he was with his ma where he wasn't willing to share savvy even with his sisters...
Apt👏
@swathi i completely get what each character did all i am saying is it was not all  right. If everything is right then there is no story to tell 😆

R&B of course he wanted to get married the next day , he found his life partner and wanted it done, it had nothing to do with appa or family that was to please the crowd and II.

II knew she couldnt live without R&B but does she realize what is in store in Mulcha Marg ..or has a plan to solve the jigsaw puzzle , that place with all its gardens is sooo gloomy .
Love is blind and thats what II was ,she wanted R&B got him for her own reasons but reality involves things outside their bedroom -- from dinner to breakfasts, to working,to kids, to school choices to just coexisting as a family.
I feel II is in her lala land sleeping for 3 days and not facing reality.. she will have to and she will do it well cause its not rocket science once you know you are loved/valued/respected.

Regarding Sam /Ranjan of course they  hurried , they  didnt want II to marry someone else ,have self doubt this wedding would have never occurred if II used her mind instead of her heart.
R&B is awesome but he and his family come with a baggage too. I love the Bhallas ,Ranjan and Sam but the fact is they come with issues and they are a dysfunctional family and are hoping II will fix it.

We, the HUNGRY READERS, are devouring pages. What about our CHAPPAN BHOG. When will it be served...may I ask?😕
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

@swathi i completely get what each character did all i am saying is it was not all  right. If everything is right then there is no story to tell 😆

R&B of course he wanted to get married the next day , he found his life partner and wanted it done, it had nothing to do with appa or family that was to please the crowd and II.

II knew she couldnt live without R&B but does she realize what is in store in Mulcha Marg ..or has a plan to solve the jigsaw puzzle , that place with all its gardens is sooo gloomy .
Love is blind and thats what II was ,she wanted R&B got him for her own reasons but reality involves things outside their bedroom -- from dinner to breakfasts, to working,to kids, to school choices to just coexisting as a family.
I feel II is in her lala land sleeping for 3 days and not facing reality.. she will have to and she will do it well cause its not rocket science once you know you are loved/valued/respected.

Regarding Sam /Ranjan of course they  hurried , they  didnt want II to marry someone else ,have self doubt this wedding would have never occurred if II used her mind instead of her heart.
R&B is awesome but he and his family come with a baggage too. I love the Bhallas ,Ranjan and Sam but the fact is they come with issues and they are a dysfunctional family and are hoping II will fix it.

AND FIX THAT..she will..Looking forward to that interesting roller coaster of a journey that Nisha will take us through!
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

True Anu... As Nish says, this is never going to happen in reality... There is going to be no R&B and there will no II who is going to marry into such a family. But one thing I really love about this story is that there is no character who is a mahaan and there is no one who is downright evil. Just like reality , everyone has a grey shade. So I couldn't point out one person alone as wrong and I feel that everyone is right is some way...Thats was I meant... 
Originally posted by Seriousreader

AND FIX THAT..she will..Looking forward to that interesting roller coaster of a journey that Nisha will take us through!

I dont think she is going to take 'FIX the relationships' as a life motto and do it. I guess it will happen rather naturally because of R&B 's and Ranjan's mutual love for her...

I dont think she is going to take 'FIX the relationships' as a life motto and do it. I guess it will happen rather naturally because of R&B 's and Ranjan's mutual love for her...
Yes..her being there as a part of the scheme of things! A vital part!
Edited by Seriousreader - 9 years ago