charlie1950 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I'm suppose to b sleeping di penna
but I'm awake and searching if u have
updated this bloody sleep wrecking
story of urs ( chuckling and half smile
R&B style).
Now that I have read ur update and know
they won't b another till next day I will try to go bak to sleep.
sparkleamina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Many many congrats on reaching thread 9!
What an achievement!

I have got behind on the story...just catching up at the mo...am on thread 7 now!  So much has happened I am sure and now the wedding...yay!

Hopefully will be caught up soon so can join the discussions at the time of updates.

Long live SoSy :)
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@swaram...thanks a lot...i keep chapter and notepad on side by side..want to write about every line..coz of that the review gets so long...have to control myself...wat to do..SoSy makes me crazy...
Nichuss thumbnail
"Can u find my charger?" HE ASKED II, shaking his phone for battery juice
AS SHE WAS BEING LED UP TO HIS ROOM
RAKSHASAN... I HAVE BEEN MARRIED LESS THAN 30 MINS DA
NOW THE WHOLE FAMILY IS GOING TO SKEWER ME
POCHU DA! (GONE)

cracked me roflsss 
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Gosh I go to bed and viola the update and a new thread!!!
So a biiig congratulations   πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘!!
and
of course "Kalyanam aacha" guys (Iyer way of saying Shadi mubarak) πŸ₯³

the 2 dad appearances had me, i know kya karoon 😊
Appa extended his hand to R&B: "You must promise to take good care of her" he choked up
"I will Sir" R&B promised politely

ok for this one I could write a post in itself on this πŸ˜†
"Khush raho beta" he said to R&B
"Thanks" R&B said with a smile...
Father and son hugged as the new wife looked on

OMG OMG OMG * infinity this was a surprise .. i never expected it like ever and i couldn't be happier  beautifulπŸ‘πŸ€—

and i wanted chotu PDA's I saw lots of it, her ogling at him during Metti, him holding her elbow , putting kumkum,both of them trying to prevent the mala from falling down, their brief eye contact aur kya chahiye 😳😳

and i loved how you got the key players there too Bally ,Suman, Shravu,Nandu  and LASYA, and all the immediate relatives, actually throughout the wedding i have honestly loved the way chachi conducted herself. πŸ‘

and the icing on the cake "Can u find my charger" totally R&B sooo cute and makes you adore this guy more 😳 II is def in for some surprises πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The wedding was a dream.   worth every bit the wait. πŸ˜Š

"Can u find my charger?"  - epic!

Why do I edge towards R&B now? Up until now I was with II all through her apprehensions leading up to this moment. I even wanted R&B to give her the slightest of reprieve if he could muster so... But the solemnity and  sincerity with which  this quiet lonely  lover  went through all the motions... and the finality of the moment - tells a single story in itself brilliantly put across by Nisha  The vagabond had been grounded

Here is a man , hurt, who had long since left the nest,  cocooned himself within himself (if that makes sense),  lived on his own terms, did what he deemed fit for himself - today takes this massive leap  and ties himself back into the family way of life

He is now answerable to II for his actions,  life is now on both their terms...no I don't think he sees it yet as his thoughts echo  HIS JOB WAS DONE HE HAD NOTHING TO FEAR

This is the biggest paradox that he has to sort within himself.  His job has just started,   there will be fear, ruffles, feathers torn...till the realisation dawns that his nest is made and that is where he will have to stay

and that is where he will get his charger. Always.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nidhi.b23

Grounded and Swept off:-

they got married..yeah yeah..best day...was waiting for this day for so long..finally it came..R&I Bhalla..(know she won't change her last name but sochne mai kya jata hain)πŸ˜‰

"As she approached the stage, R&B noticed she was wearing something he had seen his Ma wear often, a pair of sparkling gold jhumkas.."That's' really adorable nisha..wearing family heirloom is a matter of pride..glad that II wore it..and u once again fulfilled your fans wishes...so sweet of you..πŸ€—

mangalsutra tying scene was so heart warming..i was in II mood today..melting into puddle..priest saying about the thread,
appa crying, dude tying it around her neck...aww..and their eyes met.."she looked at him with big soulful eyes..He met her gaze briefly... paused for a nano second..."..nothing can get more beautiful than this..soul warming..time just halt when they look into each other eyes..

"You will from now... AND forever be known as his wife...He gave up his bachelorhood for your sake..YOU made him enter the "dark side".He proposed to you AND he followed through..He wasnt tricking you, he wasnt fooling around"..
well said nisha..he did follow her around..reminds me of the metro journey when he truly felt that she was going away from him..
that acted as a trigger and dude didn't gave up after that..pursued her relentlessly..and now she is his..πŸ˜›..perseverance is success..

"The vagabond had been grounded".."The Iyer had been swept off her feet.." what more to say..u summarized everything so beautifully..
R&B didn't wanted to return home and here he is getting married..II never thought she will fall for a punjabi silent guy and here she is bounded to him for life..Life is surely interesting..and it will just better and more entertaining..at least for us readers..😳

Chachi cried..i was shocked...read the lines again..but then realized its not EK serial..no black only grey..chachi can get emotional too..
keeping aside all the jealousy she is happy for her nephew..

"Abhi tum seedhe hamare ghar No Appa's house alright.." yeh lo Sam ne toh haq jamana bhi start kar diya..i love this girl..yep she is bhalla now..vaise bhi kaha R&B usko kahi jane dene wala hain..she is his prisoner now...and don't worry appa..your daughter will be cared,loved and cherished..Bhallas already consider her precious...Sam is ready to fight R&B for her, Ranjan already worries for her..and R&B well..he will take care of her like no one else..after all she is his golden girl..⭐️

"He let II stand up, she stepped on Appa's toes, and stumbled, R&B reached for her elbow and held it"..how cute..subtle care and love...no grand gesture..so so R&B's type..❀️

I just love Ranjan..have never seen groom's dad cry but then here the father and son don't share that kind of relation so may be its normal..he is so happy for his son and may be for himself..
living alone in an empty house, son not talking, wife memories haunting is too much for him..II will be an oasis in desert of Malcha Marg..

"Father and son hugged as the new wife looked on.."OMG..they hugged..i will die out of shock..and dude smiled when he gave him blessings..I'm really dead..I'm so happy he didn't squirmed and hugged him back..too happy coz of the marriage may be...πŸ˜†

oh the toe ring..i just love them..too bad u have to get married to wear them..II blushing and dude's face flushed..wah wah..kya deadly combination hain..

"When he was done, he lifted his head his face was flushed and his hair tousled from bending down
She watched him perform finger kangi on himself...
Bala: Ishita stop admiring the husband.. listen to the vadyar kanna"...ha ha..Bala has also joined gang to tease II..ab kya kare..R&B hai hi itna handsome..no girl can control herself and II ke pass toh ab rights bhi hain..niharo apne husband ko..next time u do finger kanghi girl..😳

mangalsutra, toe ring, saat fere, sindoor, rings..haye...all rituals done with perfection..it feels like I'm there witnessing the wedding..can't get more real...

"she gently slid it over his ring finger, holding his watch on his left wrist, like she always did in trying to stop him when he kissed her..."
It reminded me of all their kissing sessions..II holding his left hand, his watch, pin of his watch...yaar inko please jaldi Malcha marg bhejo...more than dude i can't control myself now..i so want to read the suhagdopahar scene..jaldi jaldi..😭

"Shravu: are u still the boss Chithi?II nodded..R&B chuckled"..even i laughed..boss..hmm..u yourself called him a master conductor II, how can you be boss then..πŸ˜•

the priest and II part was so nice..II sad seeing her appa cry..truly a bitter sweet moment..as the priest said Its happiness not sorrow..
joy of seeing your daughter married mixed with sadness of sending her away..

"her saree edge was tied to his angavastram HE LET HER HAVE THE WHOLE thing.." again getting naughty are we R&B..
II has to beg sam to get him a tee..ha ha..poor II...he will never stop harassing her..πŸ˜‰

Lasya is here...looking so cute..not only u i also want to eat her up..she sounds so adorable..little bundle of joy..

"R&B was talking with his French and Thai side kicks
HIS JOB WAS DONE HE HAD NOTHING TO FEAR..
Mr Iyer was far away talking with Mr Gopalan throwing longing looks at his dear kozhandai"

I admire the lovely comparison nisha..the daughter is no longer his and the fiance is now his wife...appa gave away his daughter and R&B got his wife..one is sad other is happy...husband has nothing to fear and father has longing in his eyes...absolutely amazing..in 3 lines you explained the contrasting scenario so brilliantly..πŸ‘

"She meant TO R&B's room NOT TO BRIDE, ab bride se wife ho gayi tum .." II got the shock of her life..and on top of that even amma agreed..koi bhi dar jaega yaar..apni family hi dushman nikli..all eager to throw her in lion's den..

"Can u find my charger?"..first line as husband..he is really out of this world..who says that..🀣
haq jamana abhi se start..nice nice..as tan said "Welcome to life as R&B's wife"..yeh to bus shuruwat hain...abhi to party shuru hui hain..πŸ˜†

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR REVIEWS so detailed
Thanks youπŸ˜ƒ when u post past midnight is when I read in my lunch hour every dayπŸ˜ƒ
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: charlie1950

I'm suppose to b sleeping di penna
but I'm awake and searching if u have
updated this bloody sleep wrecking
story of urs ( chuckling and half smile
R&B style).
Now that I have read ur update and know
they won't b another till next day I will try to go bak to sleep.

Thank youπŸ˜ƒ
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Thanks so very much everyone. I have to thank Columbia for planting the seed in my mind over PM. If it werent for her I would have long quit IF since I quit watching the show mid Dec...
She planted the seeds and took off for Grad School (Thank God I did mine a decade ago otherwise I would have dropped out)

This story has given me the most wonderful opportunity to meet so many people from such different cultures and social settings. Its just a run of the mill story of two people based in Delhi... I am no writer and have no published works or anything

This is a fantastic getaway from the troubles of real life, YOU ALL MADE IT HAPPEN.

OK off to write the next one...I promised Vikas I will bring Subbu in so have to write that before weekend ends...
I can continue for a couple more weeks if people still wanna read their marital journey.  We can all call this story our "great escape"

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING. You all pulled me out of anonymity.

P.S. Nivi I saw your poetry... BEAUTIFUL... will respond when I am done posting the next chapter
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

I can continue for a couple more weeks if people still wanna read their marital journey.  We can all call this story our "great escape"

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING. You all pulled me out of anonymity.

P.S. Nivi I saw your poetry... BEAUTIFUL... will respond when I am done posting the next chapter

Oh! You bet that it is an escape from really harsh reality. Thank god for that and thank you for that.