Software Symphony 9 Book Shelf Analogy on 144 - Page 100

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
A yet another very sweet update. 
Appa waging a war trying to keep II on his side although he very well knows RB has claimed her fully. But being the Iyer warrior that he is...he's not going to let go that easily. A,ma as mothers are is hoy that Ik is happy..no issues there.
Loved the way RB tried to gently ask her whether she cried earlier. And of course II will never let him get a peek into what goes on in her head?.at least not now.
The way the intimacy is slowly developing is just the way I would have imagined it to happen when two completely different - in class and status and personality (although there are many commonalities as well..their intense attraction towards the other to begin with) people marry. I have said this earlier as well Nisha, the story is so appealing because you give attention to small details. The idli grinder, the butterscotch ice cream, the difference between the unforms of MS barakhamba and KV, there is a direct connection there and I guess all of have experienced this one time or the other in our lives. 

I am from DPS mathura Road and I remember the intense rivalry there was between MS Barakhamba, DPS and St Columbas. Super duper hit once again..

And of course yeh dil manage more.
Loved the way R&B asked whether she was crying... Ofcourse she does not trust this relationship enough to share her feelings with him... I think she slowly will and R&B will slowly make that happen... They are slowly getting to know each other... Just like in any arranged marriage...and this phase is just wonderful...
and in this mess, there is appa... I did initially sympathize for him.. But I feel that he is being a tad unreasonable in the recent updates... I could understand his intentions till she got married... But after that I would expect any father to wish that she is happy with her husband...Would Appa send amma like that if his father-in-law asked it ? Does he expect this relation to break ? I can accept if he expected II to remain an Iyer in her practices..But not this...
Originally posted by swathi1990

Loved the way R&B asked whether she was crying... Ofcourse she does not trust this relationship enough to share her feelings with him... I think she slowly will and R&B will slowly make that happen... They are slowly getting to know each other... Just like in any arranged marriage...and this phase is just wonderful...
and in this mess, there is appa... I did initially sympathize for him.. But I feel that he is being a tad unreasonable in the recent updates... I could understand his intentions till she got married... But after that I would expect any father to wish that she is happy with her husband...Would Appa send amma like that if his father-in-law asked it ? Does he expect this relation to break ? I can accept if he expected II to remain an Iyer in her practices..But not this...

EXACTLY!!

I think

Appa's resentment is mainly around Ranjan, and his impact on R&B and how that would translate to II

There is a unspoken fear about the tremendous amount of wealth they have and the associated scandal and how he could let his daughter even do that? If she married Amit on her team or Bally (if he were single) I trust Appa would have taken it better

There is something about the combination of extraordinary wealth and the scandal that makes Appa very jumpy, its like hes the only one that "sees" something really wrong about the whole thing
Originally posted by Nisha0604

EXACTLY!!

I think

Appa's resentment is mainly around Ranjan, and his impact on R&B and how that would translate to II

There is a unspoken fear about the tremendous amount of wealth they have and the associated scandal and how he could let his daughter even do that? If she married Amit on her team or Bally (if he were single) I trust Appa would have taken it better

There is something about the combination of extraordinary wealth and the scandal that makes Appa very jumpy, its like hes the only one that "sees" something really wrong about the whole thing

I totally see the reason for him to be Jumpy... Any father would be and should be in this case.. It is the FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN... If the boy is a regular iyer chosen by him, then it is something whihc he understands..but in this case, everything is totally different and the with the scandal in equation the fear will blow up for any parent. I get that...But even with this fear, any father will expect that his fears shouldn't become true...But why dont I get that vibe with Appa is wat is confusing... 

Any other normal dad would I guess swathi,  but for appa it will take  time to get used to the idea that his daughter is completely taken up by a man who he intensely dislikes. There is absolutely no commonality between them in any way, on top of that RB doesn't really go out of his way to be super nice to him..chatting or saying the right things...which irritate him further. If RB would have been an IYER and  behaved the way this RB behaves, he would have still overlooked, justifying the behaviour saying that despite being highly accomplished and wealthy he had agreed to marryII..the scandal, the difference between the cultures and the disfunctional Bhalla family  are all adding to Appas woes...give him time. 

I'm also with you on your views on appa's behaviour. But, I suppose most appas tend to become insecure when daughters get married. I remember my dad ...nineteen years back...a very quiet man...not the demonstrative sort...suddenly began acting so-out-of-character when I got married. His behaviour was just like II's appa. 
OMG everyone saying the same things...
Scandal
Wealth
Not an IYER
I totally agree with Appa's fear... and I dont mind if he intensely dislike R&B as well... In real life, many cases are there where the parents don't like/adjust with their SIL or DIL for various reasons...happens in both arranged and love marriages... Even in that case, I would expect a parent to wish that their son/daughter lives happily with their spouse... I somehow could not digest a parent expecting his child to leave his/her spouse and come back to them...
In this case, instead of hoping that his fears shouldn't become true, I see that appa has decided that the worst is going to happen and acts as if he is trying t save his daughter ASAP...