SS 8--Transfer of Power on 123 - Page 84

Posted: 9 years ago
I'm loving all d updates nisha..and I fall in love with every chapter..
Keep writing..we love to read it...I think whatever I'll say I'll not be able to justify it..so I'll just do this πŸ‘
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Thats so cute, that's love. My husband took a day off yesterday but had to go today some meeting, will be back early evening. Snow is being pounded there, I miss city living on the day like today, just knock your neighbor, here asking someone to walk over is not feasible, it's a Uphill and downhill houses & long driveway. πŸ€’ Forcing myself to drink water. He has marked the bottles that should be finished by evening😭.

I THINK  A LONG UPDATE WILL MAKE Me BetterπŸ˜† 

i dont know about love part he tells me dont fall sick cause he cant take care of me and i tell him the same πŸ˜† so this is for our own selfish reasons .we are very practical that way .
.here too its really gloomy.. i know the pains of a suburban life ... how cute he has marked it..
In US its each family to themselves no servants no nothing and if one person is sick its like the whole world shakes .
yes i am waiting for a long update too .. be back in a bit let get some work stuff done before i can read the update πŸ˜‰
Kamakshi Athai & Kamasutra

3:45 AM
Amma Akka and Athais and Mamis surrounded her bed singing "Gauri Kalyanam" (its a traditional Iyer celebratory song) when she woke startled
The familiar chest pounding returned as if it waited for her to wake up... she had slept an hour? hour and a half
she did not know... she desperately wished for it to be a "normal" D II Sunday, Selvi in the kitchen, Periappa stumbling and mumbling as Appa helped him with his bath

Mmm...mmm it was the Sringeri Hall and the "bride" was being woken up to religious hymns

The nadaswaram played a wake up call rousing people from slumber so they could get ready... and go downstairs to watch the celebrations
The Muhurtam was between 7:30-8:30, there was a good three hours of rituals to be taken care of before..
even with today's 2014's fast forwarded marriage customs.

She sat up dazed, realized she had the things hanging from her wrists... her aunts laughed amused... Akka thought she looked just lovely
She quickly took a picture of II with eyes half closed, hair tousled and leaning on the head board hugging her self to ward off the morning chills

"Yours in 5  hours" Akka texted

"4? U mean?" HE TEXTED BACK

Akka squealed sharing it with all
Amma smiled a full blown grin... "Looks like he is awake"
The nadaswaram continued waking people

Akka: Amma FYI EVEN HE IS GETTING MARRIED, in case u forgot... u know... not only our vaal (brat) but him too.

II felt like her insides would freeze and fall off one after the other, her legs felt like someone had poured lead into them, her eyes were burning
She dragged her knees up and just rested her loaded arms on them and bent down

"Get up kanna, soon you will be his wife" Amma gushed

AYYYO, SO IT IS TRUE THEN?
THERE IS NO RUNNING AWAY? GOOD GRIEF...
3 MONTHS? WHEN DID I MEET HIM? November 26th? 27th? three months and 10 days? I am marrying him☺️
I didnt even date him properly. I agreed to marry him
Insanity? Ayyo Rama I hope everything goes well...
Appa will chop me up if something happens
Would he care as much as I do? Will he move to Paris and go off back backing into the Carpathian?
He wont come looking for me then
She felt a lump in her throat at the very idea of him being indifferent to her
AYYO RAKSHASAN! What have you done to me? Its practically impossible for me to imagine a minute of my life without you in it
I dont have any recollection of it before November...

He was barely 50 feet away in another room? Also getting ready for the wedding?😳
"Wealthy uncaring emotionless guy?" He was here amidst Iyers readying to wear a veshti and sit down for havan and chanting for 4 hours?
How can all that be a hoax?😭
Why does he know me so well?
I dont want to be anywhere else but with him

Akka: Helllo, sapne baad mein dekh, abhi uth
II: I am tired, can I sleep 30 minutes?
Akka: NO WAY Enna velayadreya? (are u kidding me?) the vadyar(priset wants you down stairs) in 40 minutes. Youve already whiled away 8 minutes Get up di

Amma and Athais talked about the rituals that involve both families, Sam came knocking with sleep drugged eyes

Hugged Amma, Amma blessed her, she did namaste to all athais and Mamis' Akka's MIL hugged her warmly
And said in broken Hindi "Take care of my pethi (grand daughter) will u?"

Sam smiled "Yes Ma I will, I guarantee that for you"
She sat cross legged in front of Bala's Mom and assured her sincerely

Bala's Mom: she doesnt speak Punjabi she doesnt know any of your rituals but she is a golden girl, very very sincere (she began to cry) I have known her only for 12 years since Bala married Vandita
Mr Iyer is very lucky, both his daughters are fine girls, I got one, you get the other one"

II stared dumb founded, Akka was in tears
Amma stared proudly, Jaya Athai, the wealthy one, and Mama's wife Rama Mami were speechless, never expecting a mother in law to gush about her daughter in law

"Aunty why do u think I was so adamant about my brother marrying  her? She is the best, I LOVE HER A LOT. My brother is obsessed with her" Sam giggled
Vandu translated for both Tamil to Hindi and Sam's English to Tamil for MIL

Bala's Mom: thats good to hear that means he will keep her very happy, I know you are very wealthy...
I saw your house during mehandi... but money is not everything, Appa (Bala's Dad) brought me to Delhi
50 years ago to a one room quarters in Gole Market, but he is a good man, has never made me cry even one day. These days youngsters fight a lot"

Sam: I will make sure aunty your pothi (II) doesnt ever shed a tear, she has me and Manny and Dad for support,
my brother is quiet and ziddi and shy but he is a great guy

Bala's Mom blessed her...
Akka dragged her off the bed

Sam: Aunty, Uncle delivered, sesame oil, haldi, shikakai powder and other scented powders for R&B
Amma smiled, "yes yes" its important"

Sam: when he gets off the shower, I will ask Bala to help him with his veshti
Amma: Yes Vandu go wake Bala no?
Vandu: amma he was awake at 3 he was downstairs talking with Mr Gopalan when I went to ask the kitchen for coffee

The coffee arrived in the form of Mr Sitaraman, he held a steel drum with a faucet and a bunch of stainless steel tumblers in his other hand stacked up
He set it on a table outside the door and started filling up the frothy filtered concoction placing it on davaras and started handing it out

"Coffee taralama?" (can I give you too?) he asked

"Adaan" (yes) II agreed
Hearing impared Athai (name is Kamakshi): yes she should have  BADAAM (almond milk) it will give her strength for the night!!!🀣

The entire room broke up into uncontrollable laughter, Sam looked confused Akka translated for her

Vandu: ayyo athai aval "adaan" sonna BADAAM ille (she said yes to coffee not to almonds)πŸ˜†

II: I am personally taking her to a nuclear weapons testing site and leaving her there (warning)☒️
Akka sat on the bed laughing more on II's sense of humor

Kamakshi Athai: In our times we would care for our body and soul, these days nothing... I bet they dont know about Kamasutra also (sad and worried)🀣

II: One more word from you I will shell you like a almond(whisper)
 Kamakshi Athai: Kamasutra is the bible of love (ATHAI SPOKE ENGLISH)😲

Vandu couldnt even say "Porum"/Stop it" she was gasping for air hearing athai

Sam hugged her "I cant wait for you to come over, then I dont have to beg your Mom or this wicked sister for permission, I will torture them all by not allowing them to see you"😳

II blushed

Akka: bus shuru ho gaya, chatter box  has become mute now, this whole week she has been sleep walking only...
Amma: she is afraid u know, just like any girl

Sam: she doesnt have to worry he is not scary

Amma whispered "U know the girl stuff"

Kamaksi Athai AS USUAL HEARD THINGS THAT ARE NONE OF HER BIZ

"in THOSE days we would wear madisar all day long, its a very sexy garment, no wonder we had a dozen kids, u girls are always covered up so u dont have more than one"

The younger women burst out laughing
Akka: Ayyyo Athai we are talking about something else

K Athai: Hey I CANT HEAR I am NOT blind, I can see how nervous and afriad she is, I married off FIVE kids I know, I ve been in charge of delivering 32 babies, I wasnt born yesterday. That fear and glow occurs only on wedding morning
I will tell him to be gentle kanna, u dont worry ok (blowing air kisses to II )
Vandu translated for Sam

II: NO NO NO Athai... dont say anything like that

K Athai: So Do u want it rough? (shocked) (Moradana irukkanum nu solreya?)

AYYYO!!!! ATHAI BEFORE I MURDER RAKSHASAN I HAVE TO GIVE A "ATHAI SACRIFICE"
DRUM ROLL PLEASE... AND THE PANEL HAS SELECTED YOUUU FOR THE HONOR.
RAKSHASAN!! I bet your family is all sophisticated and snotty and dont say a word to you or tease you
WHY MY KISMAT IS SO BAD? ARGHHH!!! I AM GOING TO PUT ATHAI AND DUDE IN A ROOM FOR A WEEK
GOOD PAY BACK
She rubbed her hands gleefully

(Author's note: Get a grip II, the next chapter is on the DudeπŸ˜‰)
This is NOT FAIR ! The update ended even before it started πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ I want more
kamakshi Athai and Kamasutra

OMG that wasss hilllarious!!!!tooo funny
πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ€£
i have to reread and comment again .
.i LOVE this athai and I lOVE vandus mother in law what a proud moment for amma .
back to no words
LOVEd it *infinity*billion*gazillion
very cute the whole convo was
and this chotu sa text

So so so R&B makes u looove him so much more

and i know nani must be in form there.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me when is the next update i can set my expectations 
This one is sure going to make our Fever snow ridden shevane so happy πŸ‘
start with gawri kalyana

Edited by TanjoreGirl - 9 years ago
oh god nisha...I'm in office reading chapter and laughing like  a maniac...hilarious...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by swathi1990

This is NOT FAIR ! The update ended even before it started πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ I want more

Podi... joli illeya, oodha thundu kuduthuduvaan avan enakkuπŸ˜† pink slip

I will be back home at 2:30 AM IST, will post one then, a plumber is fixing stuff
Originally posted by swathi1990

ok tell me one update we have not said that ..every single one we feel we want to read more πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. I am better i want to set my expectations πŸ˜†
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

kamakshi Athai and Kamasutra

OMG that wasss hilllarious!!!!tooo funny
πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ€£
i have to reread and comment again .
.i LOVE this athai and I lOVE vandus mother in law what a proud moment for amma .
back to no words
LOVEd it *infinity*billion*gazillion
very cute the whole convo was
and this chotu sa text

So so so R&B makes u looove him so much more

and i know nani must be in form there.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me when is the next update i can set my expectations 
This one is sure going to make our Fever snow ridden shevane so happy πŸ‘
start with gawri kalyana

I LOVED writing this one, my personal Top 5 funny list this will be in

I dont know why when I re read I LAUGHED like a moron Ezhudinade naan daan I laughed like I was reading some one else's storyπŸ˜†

Next one at 2:30 AM ISTπŸ˜†
Haha...athai was amazing and I so love Sam...damn I can't choose which character I like more...