Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
I'd give it to R&B. He's shown tremendous patience with all those rituals! I'm terrified just from reading them! He had t go through it! πŸ‘
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: deernav

Bold: Have come across such stories quite often.. even i wonder sometimes where all the love vanished.. one of my colleagues was in an 8-year relationship with her best friend doing all those things you just mentioned and broke within a days time, eloped and married a person whom she had barely known for three months..not to mention her parents had no idea about her first boyfriend..πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

I am yet to discover the definition of love and the simplicity or the complexities of it.. so i shall not go into that zoneπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

inke case mai toh love is really blind...dil aur dimag se bhi...aisa love nhi chaiye re baba..πŸ˜†
poorna3666 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: taara113

I think its a matter of age...
With time and experience definitions change...il wait for them too...

My mothers says if two ppl are good ppl, and they knw that now they are suppose to be together and they are okay with it then more often than not they manage fine...ppl with time grow on you its just natural...Its just a matter of time you spend...its like this girl u nvr talked to in clg happens to be in ur wrk team and today she is closest to u just bcz ur ohk ppl and u happen to spend alot of time together... Love is not tough ...soulmates maybe( i read this book called brida which totally spoiled the word soulmates for me, so i don't care much abt it anyways)...and the she goes on with 101 benefits of arranged marriages (i get my talkative genes from her)...

And when the lecture stops...im just left with watevr... As if being good is enough... Watif i don't like good and he does not like mine...the reply- beta fir tu pure time problems hee dhoonti reh...

Girls it's not that saying ILU is wrong  or that we don't like it what all us oldies mean is that don't set great store by it. Hearts and roses kind of love is not the be all and end all in life and marriage of any kind be it love or arranged needs to be nurtured and worked at. The. desire to work at a marriage is the most important thing...now I m sounding preachy!!!!!!!!!  Please don't mind ...no offence meant!!!!

SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So LOVE it is  - at the hot seat  in this thread  πŸ˜†

Couldn't let this pass without putting forth my take on this - well fairly simple I think. I see the following possibilities.

Ones who  say I love you ,  get married , continue to say I love you and live happy & content

Ones who  say I love you ,  get married , not continue to say I love you and live happy & content

Ones who  say I love you , not get married and live happy & content (defacto couples as they call it here)

and;

Ones who do not say I love you,   get married and live happy and content

Ok the point I'm trying to make is, whether you say it only once, or a zillion times over, or never...what matters is that one  finds  which of the  above makes them happy and content.  And then go for it!

Coming back to SoSy...we see R&B II fitting somewhere in the last type - THAT is the reason this tale has reached this far...the journey to reach the  "happy and content"  bit  will be the rest of story post marriage

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Taara,
She wore pink and purple when she arrived at the wedding hall on Saturday morning, obviously those came off in the afternoon during the choora ceremony, now all she has on is her choora

Also, I bet the "I LOVE YOU" kinda gushy mushy love exists, but Indian cinema has trivialized it so much by creating SUCH artificial premises of stories like Mark Zuckerberg falling for a girl in the slums and begging her father "shes the one". Unbelievable bhi ek understatement hai as far as Hindi movies go

Secondly Desi TV, I cannot even begin to describe what love according to Desi TV writers must be, like SA1234 says "say ILU one morning, have sex with her that afternoon, take her sister to bed that evening, the next morning insult her in front of the entire family, kick her out, and wallow in self pity, and so go get drunk and have sex with the leading lady's cousin".

In cities like Delhi ILU is vehicle to commit crimes, saying that to some naive girls guarantees sex for many boys.

In the country I live, they make a BIG DEAL of it, they live with the guy for 2,3,4,5,7 years saying "I am trying to figure him out" "I am trying to figure her out" spend 14 or 18 months "planning" a wedding, (where they only serve cake and champagneπŸ˜• and invite less than 25 people )and then head to divorce courts

No wonder so many as are so disillusioned by it. 

I bet it exists somewhere, its great to be hopeful and awesome to want it fully and wholly

I am not a cynic I write a love story, how can I be?
I just find the Desi definition (as shown in popular media)and the gora definition(as I see in real life couples around me) of it completely phony
Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
 Poorna
Weve had this discussions many many times on this topic and my thoughts mirror yours FULLY and completely. You should be willing to GIVE in a relationship. ILU is not the be all and end all of a relationship. 

If you are unable to sacrifice and unable to want to change for the other person, have too many idiotic expectations, (Hindi movies are one extreme (they want guys with private jets), Hindi soaps are the other (they will accept their husbands even if he takes on a partner a night, some go as far as to encourage it😭)) then saying it every morning noon and night, at parking lots and hair salons and grocery stores at the end of every texting convo and phone convo (like some goras) is pathetic.

Strangely in this country I find the marriages that have lasted over 10 years, 20 years and 30 years etc, the couples dont do such cheesy verbal/physical displays every breath they take. So I must be on to something.

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I missed all the I love you discussion will read it ..i loved all the reviews

Committing Math Fraud

i loved the whole ghodi pe  sawar dulha and the sehra tying and my Ranjan 😳
I never realised till Sosy why this was done now makes sense cause the price comes to get his princess..so sweet all these rituals are lovely.
So one this is 1000% sure me getting a punjabi CMU for my daughter and copyng pasting all this πŸ˜† so now my daughter can blame Nisha and her story for this πŸ˜†

One small piece I found so endearing is this
Shravu and Nandu and Chachu's grandkids and Great Aunt's grandkids all lined up to get on the horse

Tan: U shud have written a program deciphering who goes when, I could have timed it...

There were 14 kids in all between the ages of 5-13...

my daughter would have fought ,cried bawled to be the first one to go ..
nice to see the banter between the two and of course 10 months it is :-) and finally we got the first ENOUGH II i cant gush enough about that scene -- she counts 18 he counts 6,she clings and he knows😳
she knows she loves him but doesnt yet know how much he does and like a typical middle class girl is going through the insecurities what if i am not good,what if he gets bored, he is probably marrying me for time pass cause he knows i wont let him do it,why did he pick me and all these will be answered by time and we will gush ..

i would sooo love it post the wedding these 2 hug without realizing who is there , just a small moment  and go on with there rituals , i know it aint even possible in an iyer wedding but i have seen punjabi weddings hugging is so common ..finally and slowly things are changing our hugging use to be namaskaram πŸ˜ƒ all the time

Ready for the next ..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: deernav

R&B was dressed in a RR gold custom Jodhpuri Bandhgala jacket, that was cool, chic and traditional at the same time, with a burnished copper churidaar, and traditional jootis...

Nisha i am searching for this.. is this a figment of your imagination or does it exist.. please post the link if yes..

It came from RR's website.. I mixed and matched between two of his
creations so as to not get suedπŸ˜›

Since he is so TALL I felt a traditional look on him would be absolutely divine.
He is not at all aware of his looks I threw that one line in there about him thinking of himself as an ugly dude for that reason alone... he dresses in clothes from the Mall and does not comb his hair 5 times a day... wears flips flops to work... how can he be arrogant about his looks? right?πŸ˜‰
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
i also feel the Bhallas should pay for the wedding .. come on its not fair why should the girl side alone pay ..
Like arya would say the #feminist in me is waking up.. appa may have all his ego but one has to be practical.

So i think R&B should pay and threaten II  to publish the prenup if she doesnt give it to her dad or deposit it..
my thoughts ..
this is too much of a stretch for a middle class family , she gave 10 lakhs but why should appa /amma have to pay for the extravagent wedding all by themselves.
Infact in my brothers wedding my dad paid for the concert ,2 sarees and my mom bought the vessels for my SIL cause they were going to the US and my SIL was the oldest of the 3 ,it was just out of good will.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

I missed all the I love you discussion will read it ..i loved all the reviews

Committing Math Fraud

i loved the whole ghodi pe  sawar dulha and the sehra tying and my Ranjan 😳
I never realised till Sosy why this was done now makes sense cause the price comes to get his princess..so sweet all these rituals are lovely.
So one this is 1000% sure me getting a punjabi CMU for my daughter and copyng pasting all this πŸ˜† so now my daughter can blame Nisha and her story for this πŸ˜†

One small piece I found so endearing is this
Shravu and Nandu and Chachu's grandkids and Great Aunt's grandkids all lined up to get on the horse

Tan: U shud have written a program deciphering who goes when, I could have timed it...

There were 14 kids in all between the ages of 5-13...

my daughter would have fought ,cried bawled to be the first one to go ..
nice to see the banter between the two and of course 10 months it is :-) and finally we got the first ENOUGH II i cant gush enough about that scene -- she counts 18 he counts 6,she clings and he knows😳
she knows she loves him but doesnt yet know how much he does and like a typical middle class girl is going through the insecurities what if i am not good,what if he gets bored, he is probably marrying me for time pass cause he knows i wont let him do it,why did he pick me and all these will be answered by time and we will gush ..

i would sooo love it post the wedding these 2 hug without realizing who is there , just a small moment  and go on with there rituals , i know it aint even possible in an iyer wedding but i have seen punjabi weddings hugging is so common ..finally and slowly things are changing our hugging use to be namaskaram πŸ˜ƒ all the time

Ready for the next ..

Anu

Keep the hope alive, in this country its possible too, u know,  I see some gorgeous cross culture Desi couples, makes me wish I had run away and married like an IIπŸ˜›
Hugg? Hmmm... sochne de, off to write the part leading upto Kashi Yatra

When u girls say this topic is ADDICTIVE, you were not kidding

I mean how can you make the same topic so thrilling every few weeksπŸ˜† This is the FUNNEST GROUP
Period