SS 8--Transfer of Power on 123 - Page 73

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by DesiUs_fan

That is so cool. Would love to see that in SoSy πŸ˜ƒ

arre i am sure 100% that will be there thats how every iyer wedding is done and given how SoSy has been so far there is no doubt and we got a like from the author too πŸ˜‰
After this update, since you've already stated(no, you cannot take this back) that II melted n flowed out of stage, I hereby replace II... I want this "good Iyer boy" πŸ˜† I stake my claim on Raman Bhalla... Want nothing more... Not even a 5carat cartier!! I'll happily move to paris too! Will do 10000 finger kangi for him everyday!πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜† Will take his silence as bliss
Don't know if this happens with you guys or not. But for the last few weeks, The minute I come back come from work, I grab a cup of tea and then check for an update..if there isn't I go back to reading some other purana updates...it's crazy like I need SOSY with my tea everyday...like an addiction. It's like I need my SOSY fix morning and evening. Am I going completly crazy or is it the same with you guys as well. Nisha please DONT ever END this tale..EVER. 
Originally posted by taramira

Don't know if this happens with you guys or not. But for the last few weeks, The minute I come back come from work, I grab a cup of tea and then check for an update..if there isn't I go back to reading some other purana updates...it's crazy like I need SOSY with my tea everyday...like an addiction. It's like I need my SOSY fix morning and evening. Am I going completly crazy or is it the same with you guys as well. Nisha please DONT ever END this tale..EVER. 

u see me say that right .. i am also addicted.. arre the entire skiing trip all i could think of was Sosy and you know i am a perfectly normal mom of 2 and have lead a super normal life but this thing is crazy..
let me tell u something - my daughter today asked me mom why have u searched foriyer weddings on google :-) cause i was trying to get the picture of a dad /daughter :-)
the other day i got up at 1:45am to check for an update my husband goes whats up and i go no no work china folks need a response πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
so this is my first FF addiction may be if we google they will have a name for this..
chalo let me get back to my real life will be back for the update :-)
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 9 years ago
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

u see me say that right .. i am also addicted.. arre the entire skiing trip all i could think of was Sosy and you know i am a perfectly normal mom of 2 and have lead a super normal life but this thing is crazy..
let me tell u something - my daughter today asked me mom why have u searched foriyer weddings on google :-) cause i was trying to get the picture of a dad /daughter :-)
the other day i got up at 1:45am to check for an update my husband goes whats up and i go no no work china folks need a response πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
so this is my first FF addiction may be if we google they will have a name for this..
Lol... Your hubby believed ki 1:45am china ppl needed reply?! πŸ˜†
OK the next one coming up in 5 mins
Originally posted by harshita27

Lol... Your hubby believed ki 1:45am china ppl needed reply?! πŸ˜†

its the time difference so sometimes i have to work in China time ..
U guys are unbelievable.thoI am addicted too!! I wake up in bed for an update.. Read it.. If time permits sleep one more round else get up,  get fresh and re-read it.. Comment and wait for another and then read that and comment . By the time all this happens it 11am here.. After a hiatus of 6-7 hrs the process repeats.. Beech me in what I do.. Dont ask  only.. My napping,  going tennis,  eating chocolates. Lol
Committing Math Fraud

The baraat was supposed to leave the Hall at 7 when it left it was past 9:30, Amma and Appa were flabbergasted at the delays in the events,  Sankara Marg where the Sringeri Wedding Hall was almost cordoned of for through traffic, there were SO MANY visitors to the wedding
Amma and Appa had gotten an estimate from Sam, she had said "around 550 Aunty" but it was more like 750, all of Appa's Finance Ministry, Industry Ministry North Block South Block friends, neighbors put together, there wasn't over 150 people, between relatives friends, bhajan mandli Malai Mandir group and Amma's friends there weren't over 150, II's co workers acquaintances  friends etc, added up to less than 50.

So effectively there were 350 that were invited by Iyers, around 250 showed up, the other 500 or so were Bhalla friends or family. Sitaraman was used to cooking at Race Course and Teen Murti Marg so anything less than 1500 was a piece of cake for him. Gopalan was used to large crowds as well, Amma and Appa had selected him after chatting with half a dozen, Bala's Bank CMD was an Iyer, he happened to know someone that Bala was friends with and had been told about him

People like Goapalan and Sitaraman were WAY out of Amma Appa's reach. They had spent less than Rs.4 lakhs on Akka's wedding in entirety, food, hall, sarees etc.

The food tab alone at II's wedding was nudging closer to Rs 3lakhs between catering the relatives at the two apartments before the wedding and after the wedding.

Amma Appa's rushed trip to Chennai for last min jewelry purchase, the tastefully decorated wedding hall, the unlimited baskets of fresh flowers... North Indian and South Indian priests, clothing and gifts to all in the Bhallas side.

Keeping with Punjabi tradition, clothes and gifts and money was "enveloped" for many and all.As if a three day/two day Iyer wedding by itself was not expensive enough...

II's sarees were between Rs.30-50k a piece
Amma Appa knew when the accounts would be tallied it would cross the Rs. 10 lakh mark for the last month

Amma had saved for and purchased jewelry etc before hand... otherwise it would have been an impossible mission to undertake in less than a month financially and logistically

Amma Appa never had enough discretionary income left over to buy real estate in Delhi as Appa had turned 61, it was seeming near impossible now.

They didn't have 25 or 50 lakhs put away anywhere... just like most Iyers Appa was honest ethical and principled and did not break any laws... Amma and Appa had pension guaranteed but not much in terms of savings after caring for Periappa.
They spent between Rs. 3 to Rs.5 lakhs on him every year...

II had told Amma "I am going to be doing that as long as I work, and I don't plan to quit until 60 or 65"

Amma was not excited at the prospect of having her daughter help, but II was NOT the "obedient listening kind". The Dude would discover that if he hadn't already...

They did not drink in front of the Iyers if any alcohol was consumed or will be consumed shall have to happen outside the premises of the wedding Hall Appa had told Ranjan multiple times about his feelings on the topic

Sam, Tan and Bala were the unwilling go-betweens between the extended Bhalla family and Mr Iyer.

R&B was dressed in a RR gold custom Jodhpuri Bandhgala jacket, that was cool, chic and traditional at the same time, with a burnished copper churidaar, and traditional jootis...

The sehrabandhi ceremony happened around 9 ish, the crisp pink starched cotton pagris were all knotted up and ready to be worn.

R&B sat ceremonially in a decorated chair Sam and Manny tied the sehra on his head... Ranjan blessed both with teary eyes...
R&B absolutely refused to wear the currency garland that's so very popular, in fact the conversation he had had with Sam and many about the baraat was "I don't want to do it"

They had spent hours with Tanmay and Mihir convincing him to get on board with it... "There wont be a ghori charne ka rasam etc @ Ranjan's you are the only son, Chachu got for opportunities, don't we as sisters atleast deserve one from you?

Tan had to take R&B for drink and drive to convince him, he thought the whole idea of him riding a horse while the family danced like crazed nuts, pretty OTT

"Iyers don't have all that" he muttered

"U cant conveniently switch cultures u jerk" Manny yelled

Manny had driven him to RR's studio in Khan Market to meet with the stylist... R&B had taken an hour to pick on Wed what he had wanted to wear on Sat night...
Blessed with great height and naturally good looks it wasn't too big of a deal...

Ranjan greeted Appa at the ceremony, the Iyers looked on enjoying the festivities of sehrabandi, a band played all the traditional Punjabi tunes for it

The great Aunt, placed the coconut, money etc in the palla/sash that R&B had spread out on his lap, she also fed him a bite of sweet..., Samar's wife did the varna rasam by smearing some kohl behind his ear, "Really? Bhabhi? I am an ugly dude" he laughed self deprecatingly

"Who to un 1000 ladkyon se pooch jo suicide attempt karke hospital mein jaayengi kal"
(talk to the 1000s that will end up in the hospital tomorrow)she sniggered

"Was all this YOUR idea?" he asked Sam accusingly

"Who else?' she winked

"Relax man... it will all be over soon, u can go back to your balcony and book" Tan joked

"Hey what about my saali?" Bala shouted

"Oh ya... her too... what do u want to do with her R&B?" Mihir asked

"Do u wat to hear it right now?" R&B challenged

"NO NO NO NO DO NOT SAY A WORD" sam closed his mouth with her hand horrified "Mihir ONE MORE WORD from you"

Mihir winked

Shravu and Nandu and Chachu's grandkids and Great Aunt's grandkids all lined up to get on the horse

Tan: U shud have written a program deciphering who goes when, I could have timed it...

There were 14 kids in all between the ages of 5-13...

Chachu gifted him a blingy neck thing, he handed it to Manny

Manny: Just for today, cant u wear it until 10? I promise I wont ask u tomm.

R&b glared... "I am going back upstairs right NOW"

Sam: shhh Manny let it go

Chachu laughed "Bhai sahib koi "intezaam" kitha si?"
(Have u made any "arrangements?"

Mr Iyer jumped in :actually its a temple Mr Bhalla so no alcohol allowed

R&B squirmed "I could use one right now" hissing

Bala: Not here dude... lets step out...

Mihir: Did u get ur car registered yet?

R&B shook his head in negative

Bala:It cant be parked all night outside, Ferrari Italia costs Rs. 1.6 crores with duty in India... I fear... ummm

R&B smiled gently "The guards at the gate at home will be here Sam said... most are armed"

Bala:Oh good!

Sam: There are 300 cars parked from here to Basant Lok... press is here too...

R&B: Whose idea was it?

Manny: Don't look at ME, I don't live here

Bala: relax we'll be OK take a deep breath

Sam: Hey where is Vandu?

Vandu: Main yaha hoon (squealing

Sam made room for her upfront "Hey did u speak with Mr Gopalan? I think guests zyaada ho gaye by about 150? (very embarrassed)

Vandu: DONT WORRY... its all been taken care of, Appa spoke to him this afternoon and has asked to cook for 750 ish... they will feed 800 with it

Sam: I am really sorry, but don't have the courage to talk with him.

Vandu: hey until the baraat returns she is not needed right? after that, most of Amma & Appa's guests will wish the couple, those that cant make it tomorrow consider this as a "reception" greet the couple and eat and leave

Sam: Arey if it was a Punjabi wedding we would have jaimala and pheras after this, since the grrom has to stay tonight, we can do a mock reception, sure!!!

Great Aunt: Chaliye jee... its almost 9:30...

Appa and Ranjan were speaking into each others' ears... the sounds cacophonous
 Bala looked handsome in a pink pagri

Vandu snuck in and wished R7B
He gave her a dry smile

"Arey where is the Rs. 1,000 haar?" "Cmon now you cant disappoint me" Vandu giggled

He didn't smile

"thanks for being a  sport, making the family happy is important too" she smiled

He nodded after thinking a bit... but later smiled...
His sisters held the palla as he walked outside the band playing cheesy corny tunes

Iyers from the South were having the best time, Sam invited the kids to go with them, and the adults who ever was interested

Great Aunt helped him on his ghori, he took riding lessons while in the US and had friends that grew up on farms so the horse was the least intimidating thing to him

The circus of decorations and people was a little overwhelming

Great Aunt also blessed his sisters with sagan for walking with the palla

He had strictly asked for a non glittery, muted pag and sehra, Sam did the "best she could"

She took pictures of him on the horse and texted to II

"Ur knight" she copied R&B...

She responded to Sam alone "I like the "armor", his Raghavendra Rathore outfit (Author hopes RR doesnt sue her for using him)

"Only the armor?" Sam asked

"The steed?" a wicked II asked

He waited to hear what she had to say

"Anything else?" Sam asked

"Stirrups" II texted

"and?"

"Bridle"

CMON Ishita How mean" Sam complained sent a sulk

"I would have said saddle but the knight seems to be sitting on it" II mocked

"I am sending ur response to R&B" Sam warned

"Oh?" she acted surprised

Sam texted the entire thing to her brother...

He read it with an inscrutable expression...

The baraat returned after 11 PM...

II was brought down in her lovely green gold motifed saree, she wore, diamond in her ears and neck... sparkling and dazzling

Her make up was subtle yet chic...
Manny walked up to her "U should have seen him on the horse u missed it"

"I am so bummed" II said expressionlessly looking at R&B

"Ofcourse you are not" R&B thought

The private warring continued

Akka helped her on stage, 100s of families wished them, they posed for pictures, he ONLY drank water
Appa and Amma appeared for pictures that had the Ministry folks or the Temple folks or relatives

Chithappa's DIL Uma interviewed R&B, she asked him if he spoke Tamil and if he had any plans to learn any, he shrugged smiling politely

"she cant learn Punjabi until u learn Tamil" Uma tried to joke.

One of the random Mamas that joked earlier reappeared on stage and asked the guy the same thing

"She says u will take five years to learn WHY so slow" the Mama asked

AYYYO MAMA ROMBA MUKHYAM... WHY DID U TELL THAT TO HIM
AVAN ENNA PADUTHUVAAN IPPO
He will torment me now

II squirmed pretending to adjust her garland, waving for some water
He handed her his bottle

Vandu saw it "Same bottle eeeks same bottle eeeks"
II set it down on the side "Akka coffee" she said

R&B: I plan to enroll in night classes for Tamil at Delhi University
THE DUDE LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH

Mama: Good good, Very good u must learn, if she can live in your house, why cant u learn Tamil?

II: Thanks Mama...

Mama:anyway Congratulations... hope I can see my grandson in a year

R&B: Will 10 months work?

Mama burst out laughing

Mama:Paiyyan nanna joke adikaran (the boy jokes a lot)

II: He he he Mama... he is  very amusing...

Mama:Anyway, I will come and see you two when I come to Delhi next time

R&B: Please do (warmly)

They posed until after midnight

Appa was gossiping with Amma speculating WHO was drunk and how much

Amma was scolding him "Seri vidungo ellathayum perisu paduthadengo (dont make a mountain out of a molehill)

Appa: Does the boy drink? Ishita enna sonna? (What did she say?)

Amma: I did not ask
Appa: When I interviewed him he said "Occasionally"
The crowd started to thin by midnite... they hadnt said a word to each other on stage except make intros... pretending to be "cordial"

Amma: ITS OK vidungo (hissing) (LEAVE IT ALONE)
Akka was tired and weary and so she sat down, and began to complain of dizziness
Bala panicked Sam and Tan surrounded her, Ranjan asked R&B to call the doctor that delivered Sam's kids,
she lived in Vasant Vihar and delivered at "boutique birthing suites"
types clincis that costed between Rs. 5- 6 lakhs for a three days stay, it had spas and 3 nurses at all times

The Doc arrived in 20 minutes, checked Vandu... II had stepped off the stage for a break to go
hang with Bally and coworkers in the basement dining hall as they ate
When she returned to the Bride room to use the rest room
 she saw Vandu relaxing on the bed in the room adjacent to the "Bride" room

"WHAT HAPPENED KA?"

"Nothing shhh shhh nothing kanna, just dehydrated the Doc says everything is fine"

"U doc made a HOUSE CALL?"

She was good but she was mean she never made house calls...

"No R&B called Sam's" Akka smiled gratified

I have a friend in college she apparently charges THOUSANDS FOR HOUSE CALLS" akka whispered in awe

Really?" II asked worried

"I shudnt tell u u will create trouble" Akka withdrew

II leaned on the couch and closed her eyes...
AYYYO YET ANOTHER GRACIOUS KIND GESTURE... WHY?
UGHHH

Amma came by to scold her asking her to go eat,

They were supposed to wake at 4 AM the Muhurat was from 7:30- 8:30 the Kashi Yatra, the Oonjal (the swing ceremony), kanyadaan (handing the bride to the groom) ALL had to happen by 7:30

In three hours or so all of the above had to happen, the priests had summoned both boy  and girl downstairs on stage at 4 AM

II sat down in the ornate decoarted chair, weary and tired, she had napped for an hour between 9-10 when the sehra was being conducted

Ranjan was awake and chirpy he walked over to the stage and gave her a hug, 12 hours beta, I am counting down...

Appa wouldnt allow them to "eat together" since they were not officially married, Vandu didnt tell him about the lunch adventure

They ate and left for their rooms

II's neck hurt under the garland, it was  more bruised than when R&B kissed her...
Fareeda and Naina helped her change, she absolutely refused to wear Indian, she wore a new pair of pink velour longe pants and a red skinny tee with a heart on it

Her arms and legs felt sore, amma wouldnt let her wash her face... too much "U SHUD HAVE THE BRIDE LOOK KANNA". and Amma forced her to wear a red round bindi... she let her hair down after opening it all the way
It was 1 ish when she sat on the bed
Her friends were asleep... her arms hurt under the weight of choora and kalira... she stared at her reflection, went to the bed and got her phone

Looked at some work pictures from  a week ago, in a ponytail and Burberry, face with no make up.. she looked at her reflection now

Flushed, with remnants of eye shadow and dark pink glossy lips... kohl around her eyes... her body scented like bathed in roses & jasmine

She took some Philosophy Grace lotion and rubbed all over... she made too much noise she
opened her bedroom door and peeked, Amma had gone down to get Horlicks for both... Akka was asleep next door

She felt weak and delicate

"No" he had said bluntly when she had asked him "Will u let me sleep tomorrow"
She leaned on the bathroom door having a heart attack

She counted the hours left... it was 2:02 AM she refused to believe it was 2:02 she counted from one AM
 to add an extra hour,
she counted until 6 PM on March 8th for ceremonies,
17 HOURS!

PHEW!!!

Or 18 if things go on until 7 PM
DOUBLE PHEW!

Or 19 if they go on until 8 PM
TRIPLE PHEW!!!!

quivered and threw her phone on the bed

AYYYO... RAKSHASAN
I CANT RUN AWAY NOW

She went to the door to shut it R&B walked in, in his tan cargos and Navy Lacoste his hair fully tousled by the pagri and the sehra

He bolted it and leaned on it pulling her towards him

Leaned her on the bolted door and nuzzled...

"Thanks for the Doctor" II said softly

He stiffened... but continued to nip

"U are already in too much trouble " he said warning her/ stopping her

"OH ME?" Nice to know... how gracious of you Sir, I AM in trouble?" she shrieked
They began to fight

"Whats that supposed to mean?' he asked baffled

"How dare u say I am in trouble I AM NOT THE ONE WORKING ON MY WEDDING DAY, I am not the one that walks away when my (fiancee dances her heart out)
YOU PIG!!!

"Try pulling another stunt like you did last night" he sneered (paying for the cars)
He effortlessly goaded her into saying the worst things

"Akka has medical insurance...she doesnt need you to pay for a boutique OB-GYN" II declared blistering falling for the bait

SHE DOESNT NEED CHARITY... ARGHHH
A DOC THAT CHARGES Rs,5k for HOUSE CALLS?

"Enough II" he said holding her chin firmly

A long guttural moan escaped her mouth, when he just shut her up taking her weary tired lips

He smelled like roses and something different, not his usual cologne... some thing loud and strong, he tasted like beer?

GREAT... DRINK AWAY U PIG...
I AM TELLING ON YOU. APPA WILL KNOW FIRST THING TOMORROW

She sobbed as he aroused her with just a kiss
She didnt like it she wiggled, he crushed her on the door her kalira getting caught
everywhere falling over his shoulders... as she tried to pull his hair to yank his head

He couldnt get a grip on her wrist it was filled with choora
She laughed derisively.. he held her waist fully and kissed her again, his hands travelling over her back curves covered by
the soft velour
Hungry and moist... upper lip, lower, tongue, teeth... suck, nip...
She shook and every noise maker on her shook, from her anklets to her kaliras to her choora
He reminded himself of her every curve... groaning in happiness upon finding them where he thought they would be.

" six hours II" he swore on her lips plundering one last time
Before gently, unwillingly, stripping her clingy body off his... counting to the end of the Muhurtam hour @ 8:30

Gave himself a finger kangi glaring at her in a aroused state
she had messed up his already tousled hair further
Unbolted the door and walked out, without a second glance
 Amma walked up from the opposite direction, saw him leave the room
Let out a worried smile... went in and found her daughter trying to hide her gasps as she lay fully covered on her
side of the bed eyes closed... chest pounding.

Amma leaned on the head board and sipped her Horlicks smiling

"Soon kanna..  u will be in his home soon"

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

CHOOO CHWEEET

"Now WE are blaming the Chinese ALSO?🀣
They seem to be taking in the world's wrath, INCLUDING SoSy readersπŸ˜†