Posted: 9 years ago
I am re reading it from thread #1  FOR THE ABHANGS AND THE SONGS πŸ˜³
janani_divan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ€£
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Edge of self-control

The French invasion returned with the Thai invasion at 6:00 ish...
II was curled up in her red suit on her bed asleep, hand under her cheek, her choora and kalira marking an indent on her chin.
Vandu and Amma sat in a corner writing names on "Nalli saree boxes", stuffing veshtis in, "to "give away"

Janaki Athai and Anusha were helping, there were over 30 boxes... Appa slept diagonally on the bed, his head by II's feet...
"Appa inda side la toongongo please I might put my foot on you" Ii begged

Appa shook his head sadly

Sitaraman Mama knocked on the door, II straightened herself, Appa threw a blanket on her she turned the other way

He wanted to talk about the dinner menu... Amma stepped out with Akka for a minute shutting the door... returned after a few minutes

They finished "logging" the give aways, Vandu counted the cash, and took notes on II's home laptop

"Amma she had got some cash out" Vandu hissed

"How much?"
"Rs.9.75 lakhs she said for a car"

Appa was sleeping

Janaki Athai counted the "cash envelopes" pointed out one didnt have a amount listed on it, or name " Oh right this is for Lakshmi Venkat
Janaki Athai's daughter...

Athai said "Dont worry, u guys paid for the tickets for us all, dont worry"

"No no ur brother will scold me" Amma said softly

Vandu: Bala has gone to get Periappa for the baraat, let me ask him to bring some cash?
Amma nodded smiling
Vandu: I would ask Bala to get some, but Appa may need by pass, after the delivery Ma...

Amma hugged her "Ayyo no kanna no no... Appa and I have enough"

Vandu knew that was not true

Vandu: Idu paavam toongindu irukku oru kavalyum illama (poor thing shes asleep without a care,) she emptied her bank acoount ma (vandu cried softly)
Amma: Whatever Appa and I take now, we will repay her in two years when Appa retires... his PF and Gratuity will be more than enough

Vandu:U dont have a HOUSE remember, NEVER bought, a one bedroom in Delhi costs Rs.50 lakhs... Madurai? Rs.25

Amma leaned on the wall

Amma:She is such a generous kid...

Vandu: she is so clueless... such a cutie... she is scared stiff now of him

Athai laughed heartily "We all are... then we have three four and five kids, ur Amma had two"

amma:I wanted one... for Anna's sake... this one, God knows where she came from
Vandu: My cutest

A knock on the door

Amma stretched her legs on the dhurrie, Athai lay by her... using a tote bag as a pillow

It was R&B...

"Hey handsome"

"Is she here?"

"Nahi to, I thought she went to see you" Akka said

"Really? My Thai partners are here I wanted them to meet her"

"Dont know where she went... u scared her da she run away may be"
He chuckled

akka looked serious

She punched him gently, she is asleep"

He heard  clickety clack, from her chooda and the tinkle from her kalira and her anklets

Akka opened the door II stared dazed

He stood in the door way she sat up

Walking out slowly...

"Meet william & Sukrit?" he asked

Who?" she asked

Vandu: Go... return her in 20, she has to get ready AND U TOO"(whispering)
R&B I dont wear make up

Vandu: u need a shave...

R&B: Ive never heard that before (rubbing his 6 O clock shadow)
Ii blushed

He guided her towards the "not groom" room...
she looked STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL in the red suit and the chooras... and the loong braid..  her nose ring was different
three diamonds shaped like a clover... the tired look aroused him...
her sleep drugged eyes... the fuller lips... the impression of her bangles on her chin... unaware...
He was TIRED of being told he had to "return her" "take her home" "time to go" " Too late" "bring her back"

Relatives all around gawked...
"I dont want to fight" she said, about the money...
He didnt say anything... curious about onlookers... just not willing to argue with 100 spectators

"Will u let me sleep tomorrow?' she asked huskily
"No" he said directly

Edited by janani_divan - 9 years ago
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Cheap Thrills:- 
R&B send her singing videos to his partners..bragging are we??πŸ‘πŸΌ R&B is the baby of group..lolz..and baby needs lullabies to sleep...poor II, here she is not getting sleep and now she has to sing lullabies to make the insomniac sleep..perfect..πŸ˜†

even her friends are drama queen..everyone is ready to serve the bride and she is damn embarrassed..it's funny actually, people staring at u while u eat..can't even eat peacefully..specially the camera person in weddings..he takes close shot of your plate..😑..II is complete attention seeker..vandu is showering it on R&B so brat is getting jealous..Sam and vandu are damn cool sisters..asking them to 
feed each other.. R&B ate the roti with gravy dropped by her...haye😳...so so cute..

u can make feeding food also so sexy nisha..II toh gone case hain..nothing can be done about it now.. 
"People left them like they were a flop movie"..ROFL..he is looking for an apology and she is not ready to give one..
I wonder how will he extract it..he gets what he wants after all..

Choora and Chunri:- 
II has become a full fledged liar..Here, vandu is praising her that she understand such stuffs  not knowing that she has already angered the devil..Hearing impaired athai heard her calling dude avan..ha ha...girl is getting all jittery and
nervous now that wedding is near..πŸ˜›
whole universe is conspiring against her..she has to face the dude alone..and he is straightway asking for apology..yeh II ko kya ho gaya hain.
tigress has turned into a mice..πŸ₯±she just looses her mind when he is around and he knows that..blabbering like an idiot..
Ooo..red suit..i love red color and its bridal color so all the more gorgeous..ufff..R&B is just hot..and his antics super hot..sliding firecracker back inside her blouse.. πŸ˜ˆ
gudiya..lambi gudiya...Nani is super awesome...telling him to teach her first lesson..he will surely give her all the lessons...he has waited for long..
oh the blessings...so nice and heart warming...

Edge of self-control:-
Vandu and amma talking about gifts, envelopes, spending's is just so natural..its normal for a middle class family to worry about the expenses..
II has emptied her account knowing well that her parents are spending beyond their means..loved the daughter that II is..πŸ‘
Vandu never leave a chance to tease R&B.."U scared her da she ran away may be"..wherever she goes, he will find her and will bring her back to him..
dude is tired of listening to return her, bring her back..he is just waiting for the marriage and all rituals to get over..ME TOO...

wrong question II..your days of long sleep are over..anyways guy function on 4-5 hours of sleep..he will make u do the same..

nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
im missing out all the lovely comments and discussion about the weddings coz of my stupid work.😭.
have to take out 3-4 hours to read all of them..i saw someone posted pics of sarees..what a lovely collection..sure II will look gorgeous in them...

lovely chapters nisha...loved them to the core...❀️
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Had a horrendous time at work...made worse by not being able to even sneak into any SoSy updates during the day.

Finally got to read them all now...and ... I was teleported bang into the wedding venue!

A marriage brought to life in these pages!  All the real finer nuances of indian middle class weddings which no movie or blockbuster can bring forth...

The rushed last minute details, kids forgotten on and off, who gets which room,  the food talks, the menu talks, the money talks, the aunties and uncles, the dozen intros,  appa stretched on the bed, the gupshups, the teasing banter,  the bride trying hard to catch a nap ...every single chaos , imperfection , that will eventually render itself to an all perfect harmonious  wedding.  Brilliantly captured.πŸ‘

Love the two families! They give this warm feel-good factor which leaves you satisfied in the belief that there is so much entertainment in just  simply reliving a happy wedding. Okay here I go again...only you could have done it Nisha!πŸ‘

This eve I drove past a tanker with a big red and yellow sign - WARNING - HIGHLY INFLAMMABLE - COMBUSTIBLE FLUID ... and little wonder what my mind conjured πŸ˜† 

OK R&B II... the countdown has begun... suppressed passion exponentially on the rise ...II fumbling , dazed,  poor girl - lost it totally... to get back to normalcy will take what? days? weeks? months ??  never??? now with the dude on the edge of his  self- control lil chance at that !

What are you unleashing here Nisha. πŸ˜†

poorna3666 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nisha I m going to sound repetitive n again say u  r the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SunshineBliss

Had a horrendous time at work...made worse by not being able to even sneak into any SoSy updates during the day.

Finally got to read them all now...and ... I was teleported bang into the wedding venue!

A marriage brought to life in these pages!  All the real finer nuances of indian middle class weddings which no movie or blockbuster can bring forth...

The rushed last minute details, kids forgotten on and off, who gets which room,  the food talks, the menu talks, the money talks, the aunties and uncles, the dozen intros,  appa stretched on the bed, the gupshups, the teasing banter,  the bride trying hard to catch a nap ...every single chaos , imperfection , that will eventually render itself to an all perfect harmonious  wedding.  Brilliantly captured.πŸ‘

Love the two families! They give this warm feel-good factor which leaves you satisfied in the belief that there is so much entertainment in just  simply reliving a happy wedding. Okay here I go again...only you could have done it Nisha!πŸ‘

This eve I drove past a tanker with a big red and yellow sign - WARNING - HIGHLY INFLAMMABLE - COMBUSTIBLE FLUID ... and little wonder what my mind conjured πŸ˜† 

OK R&B II... the countdown has begun... suppressed passion exponentially on the rise ...II fumbling , dazed,  poor girl - lost it totally... to get back to normalcy will take what? days? weeks? months ??  never??? now with the dude on the edge of his  self- control lil chance at that !

Well Said. Bold - πŸ˜†πŸ˜† An Explosive Combination!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
And, I did it again!!! I napped again πŸ˜†
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SunshineBliss

SB
Yes u are right the wedding is a microcosm of life itself, with all its complexities and imperfections it comes together as a really beautiful composition... every wedding is like that I feel
R&B is highly combustible, seeing her every minute of the day is new for him too, they met an hour max in his office or she hung out for a couple on his floor...

He is so introverted, there is a wedding hall full of people and HER. hes been running on low patience for three months, and then you throw a decked up II in the mix

Hes going bat shit crazy as Arya would say