Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: ashu9

Thats nice..mIne was okayish!! Iw atched a movie, now reading A Thousand Splendid Suns πŸ˜ƒ
What about daughter and Husband?? No dinner for them ?? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

It's all three of us...package dealπŸ˜‰
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: EnVee

Hey Nisha,

I had said that I would post a review for you. Here goes!
Warning: fairly big one!

The fact of storytelling hints at a fundamental human unease, hints at human imperfection. Where there is perfection there is no story to tell.
Ben Okri

I am sure whoever is reading your story knows of the imperfection and how it rankles them. Your leaving out a lot of things to imagination is what is very good in the story. Imagination is overrated, perhaps, but it can go on an overdrive as well and that is what you do by leaving things to the mind.

"The more you leave out, the more you highlight what you leave in."

Henry Green

Your capture of the mundane things in life, of dilemmas, relationships, conflicts, work, respect, care, love and the overall life of the rich and the middle class is impressive. Particularly the Iyer detail. The detail you recall is simply too good. I cannot for the life of me remember what I ate last night without some effort! And here you are recalling minute details with such so much puntuality.

Your regular updates are very very appreciable. No mean feat for anyone who is a mom, wife and professional. I am surprised you are not a writer already, given your visual imagery. 

You also hit the jackpot by selecting two families that are as different as chalk and cheese and you are indeed maintaining the conflict very well--allowing some to get resolved over time, some to just fester, some to boil, some to marinate. In all this, we as readers are simply intrigued.  

Despite the largely fictional base of a punjabi marrying an iyer, the other details are very much possible, even if far fetched at times, very possible. I think for us, Iyers or Tamilians or anyone familiar with south Indian customs, the story is all the more intriguing because we know it is near impossible in real life.

For now, your story, I would say, is like curd rice and vathakozhambu, which is south Indian comfort food, with the Punjabi theekhi tadka and paneer. Bring it on! And while R&B says II, we will all say Aye Aye!

Thats a beautiful review Envee πŸ‘πŸ‘
loved it to bits..

Ashu25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

It's all three of us...package dealπŸ˜‰

Ooo...hahahhah...that reminds me..I am craving for Chinese and Pizza πŸ˜­
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

πŸ€—
eviltwin_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Me 2😭
Ashu25 thumbnail
SR, mujhe khana chahiye...Hugs nahi πŸ˜†
Palak, welcome to the club πŸ˜­
eviltwin_14 thumbnail

SR, mujhe khana chahiye...Hugs nahi πŸ˜†

Palak, welcome to the club πŸ˜­

Thanks bud.
yes we need food πŸ˜†
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Driving back now I typed an d lost connectivity πŸ˜‘
Loved the update , it's like the thathasthu of mom and wishes iof Savitha are bearing fruits, marriage made in heaven all the well wishers will gush looking at them and others will envy πŸ˜ƒ
I want R&B to feed her rasamalia and her to watch the sangeet flanked by the matcha marg men πŸ˜³
Battras to perform with balas, and savithas relative teasing and blessing The two,
I want her to sing and them to dance for just two minutes on Suraj hua matham and him lifting her in the end😳 and she blushing
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 9 years ago
eviltwin_14 thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

Loved the update , it's like the thathasthu of mom and wishes iof Savitha are bearing fruits, marriage made in heaven all the well wishers will gush looking at them and others will envy πŸ˜ƒ
I want R&B to feed her rasamalia and her to watch the sangeet flanked by the matcha marg men πŸ˜³
Battras to perform with balas, and savithas relative teasing and blessing The two,
I want her to sing and them to dance for just two minutes on Suraj hua matham and him lifting her in the end😳 and she blushing

Uff imagining this is like πŸ˜³
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

Loved the reference of both moms blessings, Love that song, II will be seriously be Crimson , shy sho
old R&B lifts her. Imagine all the relatives being envious and Appa will be more angry saying that the boy has no manners πŸ˜•
Hope you had a nice trip and the school is open, there is snow expected here tonight into morning hours.