Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: taara113

I would not say kids born in rich family are uncaring but things like if parents have not eaten does not come naturally to them, they have grown up seeing the help doing it so they wld not knw to bother...

And what II feels is so typical of an average family, we are always bothered about if everyones eaten...thats like the main thing...
Whenever my father had to go out and mom was late, i used get so many instructions on what exactly to make for the travel, how it has to be packed, make sure u feed him b4 he leaves and it was endless...now im a pro, i can give instructions...and more than care or anything it is just something that has to be done, comes naturally to mom or me...

What II felt for Ranjan today was soo overwhelming, because we do sometimes grow with a perception of the rich...ooh they have so many ppl arnd them, y wld they need any wife or kid to help, they can buy all the food in the world, every meal they can hv their fav dish... But i guess no meal is a fav meal when its eaten alone and forgotten by your world...

I think for the first time I sympathized soo much with Ranjan

THAT is such a deep and powerful Taara๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Isnt that the truth? Huh!! I am re-reading it, yes they could get whatever they want for every meal but have no one to share it with

I see SO MANY around me like that u know... I dont know many wealthy people but in this country many 60+, 70+  people exactly like that... it bothers me a lot๐Ÿ˜ญ

Thanks for capturing that thought so succinctly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! I am out of words! That was just so emotional and heartbreaking. ts so sad Ranjan is truly left alone!  You are so right it is much much worse to be forgotten.  I mean no matter what, humanity exists. Not saying R&B or his siblings are inhumane because they are justified in their anger, but still to know that Ranjan has no one that cares for him on a daily basis is really sad. Glad he has Tan to lean on, and Sam also when he faces a crisis. 
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

OMG there you go again Nisha...   The mood in this chapter   diametrically shifted yet all seamlessly!  A Brilliant touching one this is.

II feeling for Ranjan, sensing his loneliness,   the sharp contrast between relations at her home  and R&B's starkly staring at  her- a poignant realisation for her .

Somewhere along the way she has started accepted/caring for R&B's as her own - probably  just happened with time,  there is no definitive timeline when it happened...but it has in her case.  

II character stands out here.  Her sensitivity is paramount in this chapter. And R&B is witness to it. He is no fool. He perceives it all  I believe. While it binds him stronger  to II but will he do anything to ease it with Ranjan? I'll wait for the day for his self-introspection when the scandal is resolved

Coming back to Ranjan... he is such a loner, holds himself up despite being broken, despite having 3 kids, despite being in the worst scandal one wud ever want, speaks about his wife in the present tense.. he seems to be in a limbo.. I feel for him.

taara113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Anuuu...everyone is waiting for your Ranjan gush spreee...kaha ho aap ?????
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
what an emotional chapter nisha..i feel so bad for Ranjan..he is a loner, forgotten by his children..II's compassionate nature makes her feel for him. comparing him with Periappa..he is surrounded by loved ones and here Ranjan doesn't have any existence..May be Sam and Manny cares for him but for R&B he is not important...he was most attached to savita so it was bound to happen...
I really feel pity for the man. we don't know if he committed adultery or not..but he is being punished for it for four long years. his wife gone, son not bothering...don't know about the rich and famous but II thinking that rich don't bother is not true i guess. they were a loving family before...if not for children im sure savita would have really bothered whether Ranjan has eaten or not..
they were a a lovely couple..

II will be nice to him whether her man says or not..its in her nature. if she can be so gracious to Mrs. Sagar then Ranjan is her to be dad...would be nice to see how R&B will beahve..

once again bful update nisha..soul warming chapter...
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nisha this update had me in tears.I am sitting in office and letting my tears flow . My mom n dad are always ready 2 come to help me whenever needed  like in the past 4 months when I was all alone with my 2 yr old as my hubby had2 travel 2 Canada 4 work assignment.but I never ask my mom to come as I am worried about my dad though my dad is an excellant cook and except for chapatis he can mk most of the stuff.
I am just waiting for II to get married and come to Malcha Marg so that Ranjan does have someone to take care of him. Its so heartbreaking to visualise someone to be so alone.

blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Dear Nisha,
๐Ÿ‘ for weaving a tale so unpretentious..
I wish i had the time to read through all the comments posted on this thread ..i read as many as i can...
It's really nice to see people share slices of their lives or life as they see it..
Purpose of writing isn't it?
I see a lot of thought and consistency in your effort..really applaud that!
Coming to this update like the show was when it started( ...I have stopped watching it many many months ago...that's why it too me a long time to get here... )it connects 2 individuals who are so different..
Life can be so richer if we can embrace all that the world AROUND US offers without judging..no one is perfect of course...but just the effort to become better is up lifting.

I love these 2 love birds...i hope they love each other as much as all of here love them.
Ranjan II exchange was straight forward and sincere..
To II her periappa's  and his simple requited needs hold up Ranjan in contrast and normal probably powerful man...but helpless and kind of emotionally restricted..in many ways
He seems need II as much as RnB does. 
Lovely update..๐Ÿ˜Š

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: taara113

Anuuu...everyone is waiting for your Ranjan gush spreee...kaha ho aap ?????

Aaaw i slept before the update . It 4:30 am will be back to type , typing under the comforter using iPad is sooo overrated ๐Ÿ˜†
poorna3666 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Hi! Poorna

I am terrible at responding to posts

THANK YOU (FOR READING) SO VERY MUCH

I am happy you liked it, this will remain one of my most favorite parts of this tale for ever. What is it about marriage that makes us care like that for some one that was a complete stranger three months ago๐Ÿ˜ณ

So true Nisha especially so in an arranged marriage where absolute strangers embark on life's most important journey and more often than not are successful  in it.
  It must be me thanking you for writing this wonderful story and I am an addict now. I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't get my daily fixes of SoSy.  Keep the updates coming in regularly and u will be making a lot many of us very very  happy๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Edited by poorna3666 - 9 years ago

Hsp.canada thumbnail

Kudos to Amma for raising such a dutiful, loving and compassionate daughter. R&B is one lucky B**tard. All things aside, you have an amazing talent the way you seamlessly moved from a passionate encounter to such an emotional, heart tucking encounter. I am always in awe how you draw parallels between middle class and uber rich without being contemptuous.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I literally had tears when Ranjan mentioned khichari. I felt more compassion for him๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ...and I love II stepping up for him.

I will be MIA till noon today as I am heading to kids class. But shall read the update in-between๐Ÿ˜ณ.

PS: Anu...Plz convey my love for Ranjan in your post...and plz give credit to amma for being a super amazing mom...

Will write more for II when I come back...She is a sweetheart