from iyers to punjabis ,
from noserings to chooras,lehengas
from enfield bikes to bicycle in amstredam , too scooters in paris
pre-nup, will to tamarind rice
from snow to warm
from 2am Ist to 2am EST
amala to matt bomer
and much much more kitna discussion hota hai ... ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘
the sun never sets in the SoSy empire!! and topics never end :-)

Couldn't have put it better ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Midnight here. Hitting the bed now gals. See u tommo. In SoSy world.๐Ÿ˜Š
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: swaram

Midnight here. Hitting the bed now gals. See u tommo. In SoSy world.๐Ÿ˜Š

good nite !
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

And i loved that paris pic ...tall guy tall girl scootr... just right cover page for II R&B in Paris.. saw that on my phone at the breakfast table ...over morn rush..kids et all..showed it to my r&b and he just rolled his eyes..& kiddos  got super curious...๐Ÿ˜†

Kids are super curious these days, My phone is not mine its for them ๐Ÿ˜‰
Telling me about rolling eyes, I have had quite a few ๐Ÿ˜†. He ahs asked if I have joined some online class or a cult as I am glued to the gadgets all the time ๐Ÿ˜†
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Kids are super curious these days, My phone is not mine its for them ๐Ÿ˜‰
Telling me about rolling eyes, I have had quite a few ๐Ÿ˜†. He ahs asked if I have joined some online class or a cult as I am glued to the gadgets all the time ๐Ÿ˜†

cult!! that's so  ๐Ÿคฃ ...  
Mine knows that i'm into something else when i pretend work...
since i wfh after picking kids,  he totally doesn't believe it when I tell him i had a busy day and that's why kids are not changed yet...not that it bothers him ๐Ÿ˜†
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Yes he is very unassuming and shy Taara

He wud never bring attention on to himself voluntarily
A bike screams attention

I will have them walk hand in hand every moment in Paris
have them ride the subway
Ok punju girls tell me Do u want her to wear the whole entire set of choodas or is that passe now?

Tell me

Omg chooda Yes๐Ÿ˜ƒ.  You can make her wear the entire set for a few days and then maybe he can ask her to get rid of it so she'll make it half. My family is very liberal about these things. Some girls like to wear it for a year. I don't like that plus II has to go to work. It's a 40 day rule I guess you can remove it after that. 
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Title has changed ...update is on its way!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Economy & Imagination

R&B turned, smiling wide for Bally.

Bally grinned too

The men hugged, shook hands and held the hand for a second happy to see each other
"Do u want to follow us?" Bally asked

R&B looked quizzical "where?"
"VK, Vasant Kunj dude, Iam taking your girl home for dinner so family can meet her" Bally winked making it sound like they were dating

R&B grinned sideways... "Let me know if she makes an impression"

II ignored him completely

"What do u mean let me know, chal yaar" Bally said "isko main dekh loonga"
(I can handle her don't worry about your fiance)

"I have poker at Tan's my sisters'" R&B hesitated

"Poke hai na... G6 Summit to nahi? Chal... lets have a drink together" Bally forced the man

AYYYO BALLY IS ANOTHER MOTOR MOUTH YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THEM EXCEPT THE DUDE OFCOURSE

"Hang with us, get a bite to eat, unfortunately Baniye ke ghar booze to hai par meat nahi"

(This Bania has booze but no meat to offer)
R&B smiled AGAIN

I DONT GET EVEN ONE? AND BALLY GETS 4 IN 5 MINUTES
NICE GOING DA
RAKSHASAN

"Which sector?" R&B asked

"Bally" SHE SPOKE FINALLY "Ummm... I"

He looked at her like "I DARE YOU TO GET OUT OF THIS ONE"

She gave him a "Oh ya? How about this?"

"Bally Akka texted I might have to go watch Shravu" II said looking at R&B

Bally just shrugged, "EAT and then go wherever Iyer" as if he didn't care

"Do u want to use a seizure or a car wreck perhaps next time?" his eyes told her

"U CAN GO TO HELL DA" hers shot back at him

She walked to her car grumpy

Bally got in "Oh! BTW sECTOR a pOCKET 7, 1001"
The men shook hands

Bally got in

"Iyer? SPEAK UP" he hissed

"No" she said

"What the heck was that?" Bally asked bluntly

"Nothing" II reversed, pulling out of the lot, turning, only to see him behind her
 he had his ear phones on

"U want to go to ur sister's?" Bally asked

"Yes if Iam allowed to" II said

"Bilkul nahi, ladna band karo yaar hafte mein shaadi hai, banda hai ki kuch bolta hi nahi tu ladti rehti hai"

(The guy doesn't utter a  word you are constantly fighting)

"that's how I am" II said offended

"Shhh. Suman sambhalegi tujhe" Bally said going on the phone with Gurti
"(Suman will deal with you)

II took the longest route to VK Sector A-7 Bally laughed shaking his head, incredulous
he was in ameeting so couldn't scold her much

They got off at 8:45 ish... R&B was no where to be seen after entering VK... Ii didn't care
Bally was still on the call, she smiled and went to knock on the door, Suman squealed and hugged her

"Arey Dev dulhan ko laaye?" she hugged him in joy
(U BROUGHT THE BRIDE?)

Bally: Shittt Iyer I get a hug if I bring you, if u stay do I get l---?

Suman hit him hard blushing
II was already blushing, the dude appearing in the doorway didn't help, she was sure he heard

"I am keeping her man! This could mean good tidings for me" Bally said shaking hands? hand again

R&B held a huge bunch of roses, basket, and another bag with candy and toys

II was mighty embarrassed because she didn't bring anything

Suman: Send him back, who is he? (smiling)

Suman seemed tiny in front of R&B

II blocked the entry way so he parked himself by her

She moved and he moved, and she sat AND HE SAT BY HER
Bally shook his head sternly "Last time R&B nothing more from now on"
R&B shrugged

Suman: Ya, yeh to bolte nahi, sorry bhool gayi (giggling)
(I forgot Dev, he doesn't talk)

YES UNLESS HE HAS TO BE AN ASS WITH ME
RAKSHASAN!!

Bally urged him to go to a wall cupboard

Suman pulled her hand "come with me"

Ankur Anay? Where are they?" Ii enquired

"CRICKET!" Suman giggled "world Cup or cricket in my house"  "All night long"
"Jhooti/Liar I wake u afterwards" Bally winked

Suman blushed "DEVVV" she eye scolded

R&B chuckled

"Hey he gets it Suman, I mean if India wins I need to celebrate, if India loses I need  to be comforted" Bally horrified her more

II blushed as she found the dude's gaze on her "Fair enough" he said

"Shut up Dev" Suman warned walking away with II

"I thought u changed ur mind" she texted (and left for poker)

"rarely" he Texted

Bally came into the kitchen and asked if she would like wine or beer... she declined both Helped Suman with chopping veggies, she cooked fast and skillfully
Anay came in with a boo boo she kissed it off washed her hands and went off to stir fry veggies, boiled noodles for the kids for Chinese, as she talked with her

"where are u going for honeymoon?'

"Paris" Ii said

"Niiice We went ona Europe tour in 2012 yaad hai? "

"Oh ya SIX WEEKS without Bally was hell" Ii giggled

She heard the men talk about cricket and cable and politics

Suman quickly fried some paneer and onion pakoras sent it with her to the living room like Akka does
She overheard R&B's comment about Brazil's economy, HOW CAN SHE LET IT PASS

OFCOURSE NOT...
She grabbed her wine glass from the kitchen and plunged in

II: "China and India are the fasted growing economies in the world post recession.

R&B: BUT  China is growing at 7.7% and India @ 5.5%

II: Whenever India hits a rough patch detractors seemingly spring to life to make use of the opportunity to critique๐Ÿ˜ก

II: India's growth only 10% comes from external demand, over 50% comes from domestic demand. 65% of China's comes from exports. 60% of Indian households save vs 40% in China. 2% of loans in India are bad vs 20% in China, I agree China is bigger.

R&B : A decade of 7? 8%? growth rates with low interest should have resulted in tremendous changes across the country I don't see any

II: well that's your POV, I read somewhere recently over 90% of India's towns have access to some electricity  every year 1000s of villages get power for the first time.

R&B: everyone talks about skilled labor but I don't think the higher education system is structured to take on the challenge unless they bring on some radical improvements

II: All I know is literacy went from 60% to 76?% or something and that cant happen if we didn't have good schools

R&B: "sure banks continue to fund to companies that are in no shape or form capable of returning what they owe, the banks and the companies are owned by the public sector so ultimately the government and india's tax payers will have to take the hit๐Ÿ˜ญ

II: India did not claim to be a private enterprise only economy๐Ÿ˜ก

R&B: They need to quit subsidizing stuff, I mean power, water, housing food fertilizer only seem to be going, the redistributive model DID NOT work the first 40 years should have taught us something๐Ÿ˜ก

II: Free and open capitalism will not work in a country like India where millions survive on less than $2 a day you cannot expect market forces to make everyone richer.๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Bally: guys guys... abhi kewal 10 din baaqi hain ruk jao, PAUSE PAUSE... continue on March 8th at 10 AM at 
Malcha Marg, mujhe batana kaun jeeta ermmm ermmm.. I mean I don't need to know, but feel a strange URGE TO WANT TO KNOW, mujhe lagta hai mera sipahi haarne waala hai๐Ÿคฃ
(U have TEN DAYS, HAVE patience you can tear each other's eyes out on March 8th, tell me who wins on THAT one tho, I would bet... I am thinking KMPG is not it)

Anay: Your company is losing Dad?
Bally: always beta!

II picked up a beer bottle cap and flung it Bally ducked

Suman DEVVV STOP IT (turning red)

II sipped her wine quietly

They talked about kids and ate the most delcious meal ever,
"I can drop her home" R&B said
"I only had a glass of wine"n"You had two? three beers?" she pointed to every mug on the coffee table

Bally: Go with him kiddo, I will drop the car off at 10, Suman has a hair appointment at Moti Bagh
II fumed...

He drove quietly... TO HIS HOUSE

"What part of give her a ride dont you understand?" she demanded arms across her chest

"Did u want me to kiss you at Bally's?
"NOOO!!!" Hmphhh"

"Then at your parents' front door?"

NOOO!!! I DONT EVEN WANT TO KISS YOU. EVER" II fumed

"Well we cant add that NOW, ive already spoken to the lawyer, well have to sort it out between us" he said coolly getting off and walking towards the house

She fumed silently and went in a 20 minutes...
He grabbed her and pinned her by the Monet

"I AM PMSING" she hissed

"I see the peace" he chuckled reaching for her pendant...

"I TOLD YOU"

"No u are not its only 24 days" R&B said COOLLY

""So NOW YOU KNOW my calendar?" II demanded coldly

"I think I do, if its a 28 day cycle" he said
"Its NOT, its a 36 day cycle you are right I am NOT PMSing, I will on March 8th" she said smiling

He bent down on her shirt she wiggled on the wall like a helpless worm,
He grabbed her lips fully, squeezing them with his lips, trying to get the nectar out or something
bas***d!
She heard a sucking sound... and a moan from him, as he undid two buttons on her shirt

"THATs for doing them when u came to my office and unbuttoning them after leaving my office" he said as he bit near her lace

She shrieked...

He brought her hand to his buttons "Undo them II" he demanded
"Would you like a warm bath and a massage?" she asked quivering as he pressed himself on her fully, she felt his arousal on her lower belly

"No just to lick me" he said matter of factly

"Whattt?" she asked dazed, her head spun

ITS THE WINE ITS THE WINE
ITS THE SCENT OF RAKSHASAN AND THE WINE

AYYYO!!

"Did u want to lick Beckham?" he asked envious on her cleft, she held his curls yanking his head

"NOOO" "Are u ON SOMETHING?" she hissed

He freed his hair from her grip, held her hand with his right on top of her head, fished for his phone in his left pocket, as he gorged on her curves

Leaning on them her found a video, nuzzling her nose ring with the tip of his nose

He got a text around five from Sam, a man with tattoos all over and said "None for him?"

??" he texted back

"never mind" she said
"I was going to send that to ur sig othr" Sam sent a giggle emoticon
"Why?" he asked
And Sam sent him a  video

In that II was telling her at Taj Man Singh's Rick Bar about meeting David Beckham at Phipps Plaza Mall...
She had met David Beckham outside Dior and was narrating that to Sam
" My phone ran out of battery, I ran to a Apple store got a new one for $50? $75 can recall, and got a picture
"I WANTED TO LICK HIS TATTOOS"
Sam was heard laughing hysterically

"U love TATTOOS Ishita?"

"Only on Beckham, ONLY O-N-L-Y" she muttered seriously

No, she was not sozzled but looked like she was drinking, her face flushed and her pink chiffon blouse open a lot

"what would u get in return? Sam egged her on

"If he kissed my moles" II said pointing to the chiffon to her right curve "THREE KISSES JUST ONE ON EACH IS GOOD FOR ME"
"I WOULD NEVER TAKE A SHOWER EVER" II declared softly aroused on the video

Sam was passing out laughing

"So?" R&B asked

"SHE SENT THIS TO YOU?" II asked completely awake almost choking

He pushed her hand on his buttons...

"U dont have tattoos" she said, undoing them furiously "NOT ONE"๐Ÿ˜ˆ

"Imagine I do, he said, guiding her lips๐Ÿ˜ˆ
"Imagine I just kissed" she said quivering๐Ÿ˜ˆ
As he pressed her face on his pecs... she groaned opening her lips...
He held her head/neck, slender and soft the curls under her braid luscious... either her neck was slim or his fingers too long, she groaned at the carress
He felt her tongue, and buckled on her... she carved a triangle from his pecs to his chin...he tasted salty, woodsy and R&B... firm and hard...
๐Ÿ˜ณ

He undid her plaid shirt completely, with shaking hands... fished her curve out of her lace and held it in his hand and 
kissed each mole, their bodies intertwined and hot, almost igniting the fine oil based art created by Monetโ˜บ๏ธ

"Imagination is so over rated" he whispered, letting her face rub his chest, as he fondled her curves...

DesiUs_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Desi US Fan,

May be I am not good at expressing whats in my mind. I had a few things in my mind when I made II demand it on the day of the proposal, it will make an interesting twist to the story, it takes it away from run-of-the-mill stuff where the leading ladies trust the guy 100% the moment he says "I want to marry you". I would often wonder where does that quintessential trust suddenly appear from?Dont they have to work on it like every arranged marriage?

I believe thats the easy way out, there is so much beyond that, in a way HER asking for a pre nup is exploring all those things

I am not sure who deserves who or who is heartless, and who is not, it basically depends on WHO we sympathize with as a character. I agree with Anu, Bhallas cant have anyone better than II. Just impossible.
She desperately wants the marriage to be for keeps but Manny's broke down, Ranjan's is mired in a scandal, in the society she is marrying into divorces are more common than 20th wedding anniversaries...

I dont know who will want it torn up, I dont know if II will constantly think about it after its written. He knows she is totally different, the fact that she didnt throw out there to yank his chain is apparent by the fact that she followed through and actually demanded one a week before the wedding

IMO
With all the legal papers and clinical agreements love could happen, with all the roses, poetry, and red wine and swaying curtains love could disappear

Low expectations  going into the marriage does not mean there is no hope for love sprout sometime.
Declaring ILU to each other every breath of every day during courtship doesnt mean they will get to the 50th wedding anniversary.

Since we read love stories of the second kind all the time, I wanted a love story of the first kind

She is adamant she is not going to let her heart be opened and secrets be revealed, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Its a test of whether a quiet "cold uncaring nonchalant" guy can love or not๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Nisha,

Sorry I could not reply to this yesterday. Work related issues.
 I agree completely to what all you say regarding her insecurities and as you said divorces in 20th century are quite common. But what I am saying is she does not have to make it legal. She already expressed her wishes to Raman and Ranajan and Bhallas are the ones who made the first move in this alliance. She also knows her Appa refused Ranjan's proposal outright. So who is trying to convince with prenup. Her own conscience right?
Tomorrow should something happen all she needs to do is sign a couple of papers refusing any money or assets from Bhallas. She will have her self respect intact. Usually prenup is asked by rich folks to protect their wealth from gold diggers. I believe no prenup is necessary to refuse monetary gains. Her actions will prove that.  I hope he will convince her to get rid of it sometime in future.
Anyway I like this conflict too enjoyed the update where he drafted the prenup.
Ishita should be worrying about moving to Paris permanently and his wanting immediate pregnancy.
It is not fair of Raman to force II for kids immediately. We know he had his fun and now ready to settle down, but poor thing II needs to enjoy marital bliss for sometime before sucked into morning sickness, moodswings. And she has her career ambitions.I root for II going on pill.
And I cannot imagine II in Paris permanently. Raman has no option but to share her with his family and her family. They all crave for her company.
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Iss monet ki kismat dekho!! It is like "the" witness to their love-hate relationship!
I had to go read it again...so saturday meeting at excelsior is still due but am not happy with the pre-nup ki talwar hanging between them while they make out like THIS!!!its almost like revenge sex between them!! Like II cant take that he is smiling n talking to subbu and bally while she has gotten dry comments from R&B all day... N R&B even though is preparing the pre-nup on her demand but he almost seems clueless or rather out of tune with II is feeling... It just makes their difference even more glaring that attraction is the only thing that makes them in-tune about each other... Please I want an explosive fight between the two... Pre-nup n R&B's paris plans nowneed to come out in open else I'll lose respect for R&B that he is lying by ommission...II is crying her yes out when she is still going to be 20mins away from her family and he expects her to uproot herself n start living in paris just coz he wants out of his family's mess? And the guy cant just see that the pre-nup is totally about II renouncing almost everything material that belongs to R&B ... So why cant he just ask a why?? Is it so hard to ask her a why? So far, whenever R&B has asked a why he has gotten an answer - truth sometimes, half-truth the other times - but answers for sure, never a silence... And if he considers that she is charming to even people like Mrs.Sagar then why wont he just demand an explanation from her?? 
I soo want them to have a screaming match - an abberation to R &B's character but it could also mean he has reached his patience's end with II's stupid pre-nup demand. I want the heart to heart now before marriage yaar... Else it would be a union that would have underlying sadness for II... So far R&B has treated II with kid gloves n atleast for sometime let her do what she wants, but for once I want R&B to be a strict guardian for II, taking things under his control but before that they should have a fight!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago